SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Let's hear it from the troops
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marine's Wife
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:29 am    Post subject: subject Reply with quote

http://defendamerica.mil/profiles.html

I've had this link on my website since we started the site.May 22,2004. We have THOUSANDS of the troops reading there.They know they can hear the truth from "back home." And a few people post their support.I wish more would. It's easy for them to feel forgotten,when the negative Mainstream Media lie ,or leave out the truth.

Please, read it,look at the pictures and see how these kids feel! They DO NOT agree with Kerry and ilk,that the war is being lost! NOT ONE!

You will find page,after page,thousands of them. Some will break your heart,but they never throw in the towel. Also,ALL branches of the Military are there.
THANKS!
M.W.
Marine's Wife
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:58 am    Post subject: subject Reply with quote

I forgot to tell you, I used to post almost daily here,but my health is failing by the day.I've got a 19 year old grandson,serving in Iraq.( 4 of his friends have been killed by IEDs)

But his strength and devotion to the mission has given me a boost,and like the old lady who peed in the ocean,I thought,"every little bit helps."

I've been on a letter to the editor,campaign,and if at first they won't print it,I keep pestering them until they do.

All I want is to see my baby again,and hold him close one more time. PLEASE, PRAY FOR HIM AND ALL OF THEM,AND DON'T STOP.

M.W.
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst weapon in history of man is the "wicked tounge".
It has and is doing more damage than any terrorists or military powers could ever do.

Hitler, Mussolini, Napoleon, Stalin all used it to their advantage.

We in this Blessed country mybe dont see it coming, but listen closely when you hear the left media, George Soros, Jimmy Carter, Dan Rather,
Feinstein, Schumer, Hillary, Jessy, but most of all Kerry.
His wicked tounge used as a weapon against our country caused us to loose a war, got many more of our troops killed, and cause the slaughter of over 3 million human beings in South Viet-nam.
Fellow citizens that is more than any car bombing terrorist could have ever accomplishd.

He is at it again, with a lot more help and the results they want to accomplish would be devastating to our country.

Terrorists in their own way are live and well in our country working relentelsy to defeat our free way of life, without firing a shot.

WE CANNOT LET THIS HAPPEN.
arkadyfolkner
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Poole wrote:
I had a brainstorm while posting on another subject. IMHO, this venue and the Swiftees in general have immensely impacted the bad guys. We have a "Judicial Watch" whose mission is to recommend investigations, report on prosecutions, etc. Why wouldn't this be a great start for something like "Veterans Watch?" The mission would be to publicly expose those who would denigrate, undermine or harm in any way, active personnel or veterans. If someone would have EFFECTIVELY exposed Kerry in '71, perhaps he would never have come this far.

I LIKE IT!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worry for all branches of military should, God forbid, Kerry become President. I believe more troops would would be at risk around the world. The term Scarry Kerry is the truth. He is scarry. He sold our a generation of Vets, my God, he would sell-out our military and I believe our country also. Kerry is not a man to trust.
Becky
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Poole wrote:
I had a brainstorm while posting on another subject. IMHO, this venue and the Swiftees in general have immensely impacted the bad guys. We have a "Judicial Watch" whose mission is to recommend investigations, report on prosecutions, etc. Why wouldn't this be a great start for something like "Veterans Watch?" The mission would be to publicly expose those who would denigrate, undermine or harm in any way, active personnel or veterans. If someone would have EFFECTIVELY exposed Kerry in '71, perhaps he would never have come this far.

I think that is a great idea! I'm willing...so now that's three of us.
join him, for then it costs nothing to be a
patriot.”
- Mark Twain
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:11 am    Post subject: What you can do Reply with quote

Hi folks,
I've just read your posts and I think it's time to talk about specific action.
Get in contact with your CO and discuss the matter with him. A protest can be launched within the framework of Military regs that won't hurt you or your units. All perfectly legal and legitimate.
If you think you are getting a bad rap from the media ( and you definately are) you have a responsibility to speak up and be heard.
You can start a petetion and get all your mates to sign it and present it to
the folks at Stars and Stripes. A simple acronym to represent your idea is a good logo. Something like IVAK ( Iraqui Vets Against Kerry) could be a good battle emblem that you could put on your letters home without breaking any regs. You could put it on your helmets and on your kits, spray it grafiti style on the walls of abandond buildings for the media to see when the come to Iraq.
Finally, get your Iraqui friends to become part of the plan. Tell them it's their future that's on the line here if Kerry gets in and I'm sure that they will be willing to help in any way they can.
I've done similar things when I thought it necessary and I never got anything more than a balling out from my Senior. If you are united in your actions, there's not much that the legal boys can do to stop you. That's especially true if you have commanders who are sympathetic to your cause and I'm quite sure that you won't find it difficult to find folks in command positions who are.
You won't win the battle if you are unwiling to risk all and the battle against the likes of John Kerry is as important in this matter as the battle against the insurgents. In order to defeat the enemy without, we have to defeat the enemy within. Twisted Evil

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
Sgt-Keeper
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Tintinitus Reply with quote

Sixdogteam:

Are you aware that the VA considers tintinitus a service connected disability? You get 5% if you have it in one ear, and here is the kicker:
you can get a total of 5% if you have it in both ears. Hmmmmmm VA math I guess. Anyhow, it's worth the effort! Laughing
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nationalreview.com/smitht/smith200410040816.asp

Quote:

By W. Thomas Smith Jr.

In the 1980 film, The Big Red One, iconic actor Lee Marvin leads a motley band of American riflemen — including actors Mark Hamill, Robert Carradine, and Bobby Di Cicco — against some of the toughest diehards in the German army. A somewhat-romanticized chronicling of the experiences of an infantry unit from North Africa to Czechoslovakia, the movie celebrates the combat prowess of the famed 1st Infantry Division — the oldest active division in the U.S. Army, a division once referred to by Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower as "a sort of Praetorian Guard," and the U.S. Central Command's force-of-choice against the recent insurgency in the Iraqi city of Samarra.

On Friday, free-Iraqi forces (totaling 2,000 men) and elements (totaling 3,000) of the U.S. 1st Infantry Division rolled into Samarra, the first of several insurgent strongholds slated for a clean sweep inside the Sunni Triangle. The targeted areas include the cities of Samarra, Ramadi, and Fallujah, as well as the Baghdad slum neighborhoods of Sadr City (largely Shiite) and Haifa Street (dubbed by locals as "Little Fallujah").

Though casualty estimates vary, approximately 125 enemy fighters have been killed in Samarra. Scores have been wounded and captured. Most of the city is now in Coalition hands. Iraqi police are directing traffic, and U.S. forces are mopping up the holdouts.

The offensive was launched as part of an overall effort to shutdown the insurgency in guerilla-controlled areas of the country before nationwide elections in January 2005. Though previously planned, timing of the offensive was retaliatory in the sense that it came on the heels of the terrorist bombings that killed 35 children as they gathered for candy from American troops, last week.

"Enough was enough," says Master Sergeant Robert A. Powell, a 1st Infantry Division soldier positioned near Samarra. With fighting raging a few miles down the road, he tells NRO from a satellite phone, "It's time to put this thuggery to an end. Anti-Iraq forces have been targeting both military personnel and innocent civilians, and these acts must be stopped if we're going to continue rebuilding this country."

Battling guerillas in Iraq is not new to the 1st Infantry Division. One of the division's detached brigades has just returned to Fort Riley, Kansas after months of fighting shoulder-to-shoulder with leathernecks from the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force, who continue operating in the areas around Fallujah, Ramadi, and in the Al Anbar province.

Brigadier General David L. Grange (U.S. Army, ret.), who commanded the 1st Infantry Division in Bosnia during the mid-1990s, told NRO on Saturday that the Big Red One is the right force at the right time for the job of crushing the insurgents in Samarra and elsewhere. "Everything today is task-oriented," he says. "With tanks, Bradley fighting vehicles, artillery, helicopters, and the best-trained soldiers in the world, the division is fast, hard, and flexible."

Grange, a CNN national-security analyst, points to the fact that though Iraqi soldiers have been rooting out the bad guys at mosques and shrines, the Americans have been taking the lead in the equally dangerous house-to-house and street fighting. "And the division's armored vehicles and big guns are 'the hammers' knocking down the hardened points," he adds.

Knocking things down has been a specialty of the 1st for over 87 years.

First constituted in May 1917 as the 1st Expeditionary Division, the unit was pieced together from Army units then serving in scattered posts across the U.S. and along the Mexican border. The following month, the division was officially organized in New York. From there it sailed for France.

The division soon became known as "the Big Red One" — an affectionate moniker derived from the red numeral "1" on the uniform shoulder patch — and the soldiers of the 1st became the first members of the American Expeditionary Force (AEF) to see combat action during World War I.

In the spring of 1918, elements of the division attacked the German defenders at the French town of Cantigny. The fighting was brutal. The Americans frontally assaulted the German positions, cracked the line, stormed the town, and then burned the enemy out of basements and cellars before repelling several fierce counterattacks.

The battle for Cantigny was not the largest battle of the war, but it was a victory for the Americans. The "Fighting 1st" became world-renowned. One of its regiments became known as the "Black Lions of Cantigny." And in an interesting what-might-have-been, the division came very close to becoming the first division of American paratroopers in history.

Seeking a means of breaking out of the trench-deadlock along the Western Front, Brigadier General William P. "Billy" Mitchell, a senior air officer in the AEF, proposed a plan wherein American soldiers would be parachuted behind enemy lines. His soldiers of choice would be the men of the Big Red One. His plan included strapping parachutes onto 12,000 select infantrymen from the division, load them onto 1,200 British-built Handley-Page bi-winged bombers — ten men and two machine guns per plane — and drop them over the French city of Metz, a German stronghold deep behind enemy lines. Once on the ground, the paratroopers would spread panic and confusion in the German rear areas while the primary ground forces of the AEF would climb out of their trenches and attack along the front.

Mitchell had hoped to test his new "airborne" concept in the spring of 1919, but the war ended in November 1918.

Though it was never designated "airborne," the 1st Infantry Division later was tasked with leading the way in some of the toughest battles of World War II; landing in North Africa in 1942, storming the Sicilian coast in 1943, and then knocking down the door of Hitler's Fortress Europe at Normandy, June 6, 1944. On that day, Col. George Taylor, one of the division's regimental commanders, uttered the immortal words, "Two kinds of people are staying on this beach — the dead and those who are going to die! Now, let's get the hell out of here!"

Nearly 3,000 casualties were suffered by the 1st at Normandy. Gen. Omar Bradley later suggested that a lesser division might have been hurled back into the English Channel.
The Big Red One fought in Europe until the end of the war in 1945, then remained in Germany as occupiers until 1955.

Ten years later, the division became the first of its size deployed to Vietnam, and from 1965 to 1970, Big Red One soldiers fought in many of that war's nastiest slugfests.

The division was called back into action several times during the 1990's, opening the decade with Operation Desert Storm and closing it with operations in Kosovo.

Today, the division's counter-guerilla operations in Iraq are characterized by coordinating "an effective mix of Iraqi troops and 1st Infantry Division soldiers," says Gen. Grange. "In Samarra specifically, they moved in, cordoned off certain areas, isolated enemy nests, and then took them down. If they see anyone with weapons, they kill them."

Grange adds, "No one is waiting on any elections [here in the U.S.]. Politics are not driving this thing. They're going to do the same in Ramadi, Fallujah, and other places around the country."

The Big Red One and its "hammers" surely will continue knocking down doors in Iraq. For according to the division's unofficial motto — quoted in Rick Atkinson's Pulitzer-winning An Army at Dawn — "Work hard and drink much, for somewhere they're dreamin' up a battle for the First."

ArmyMedicsMom
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:52 am    Post subject: Interesting website about Iraq Reply with quote

http://www.alsabaah.com/20040930/english.htm (Sept. 30, 2004)
http://www.alsabaah.com/20041001/english.htm (Oct. 1, 2004)
http://www.alsabaah.com/20041002/english.htm (Oct. 2, 2004)

Change the date by changing the 20042002 area of numbers.

There are some very interesting articles about the what is really going on in Iraq, that you don't get from MSM.

(a box will come up that wants you to download, click on cancel and it should still take you to the website, it did for me)

http://www.alsabaah.com/iframe.php?file=http://www.alsabaah.com/English.html

Last edited by ArmyMedicsMom on Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimmymac wrote:
Some powerful thoughts by a Marine Master Sergeant to reflect and ponder over. This Marine really has a handle on our "AMERICA," and the situation it now finds itself in. Enjoy and give it some serious thought.

I sat in a movie theater watching "Schindler's List," asked myself, "Why didn't the Jews fight back?"
Now I know why.

I sat in a movie theater, watching "Pearl Harbor" and asked myself, "Why weren't we prepared?"

Now I know why.

Civilized people cannot fathom, much less predict, the actions of evil people.

On September 11, dozens of capable airplane passengers allowed themselves to be overpowered by a handful of poorly armed terrorists because they did not comprehend the depth of hatred that motivated their captors.

On September 11, thousands of innocent people were murdered because too many Americans naively reject the reality that some nations are dedicated to the dominance of others. Many political pundits, pacifists and media personnel want us to forget the carnage. They say we must focus on the bravery of the rescuers and ignore the cowardice of the killers. They implore us to understand the motivation of the perpetrators. Major television stations have announced they will assist the healing process by not replaying devastating footage of the planes crashing into the Twin Towers.

I will not be manipulated.

I will not pretend to understand.

I will not forget.

I will not forget the liberal media who abused freedom of the press to kick our country when it was vulnerable and hurting.

I will not forget that CBS anchor Dan Rather preceded President Bush's address to the nation with the snide remark, "No matter how you feel about him, he is still our president."

I will not forget that ABC TV anchor Peter Jennings questioned President Bush's motives for not returning immediately to Washington, DC and commented, "We're all pretty skeptical and cynical about Washington."

And I will not forget that ABC's Mark Halperin warned if reporters weren't informed of every little detail of this war, they aren't "likely -- nor should they be expected -- to show deference."

I will not isolate myself from my fellow Americans by pretending an attack on the USS Cole in Yemen was not an attack on the United States of America.

I will not forget the Clinton administration equipped Islamic terrorists and their supporters with the world's most sophisticated telecommunications equipment and encryption technology, thereby compromising America's ability to trace terrorist radio, cell phone, land lines, faxes and modem communications.

I will not be appeased with pointless, quick retaliatory strikes like those perfected by the previous administration.

I will not be comforted by "feel-good, do nothing" regulations like the silly, "Have your bags been under your control?" question at the airport.

I will not be influenced by so called,"antiwar demonstrators" who exploit the right of __expression to chant anti-American obscenities.

I will not forget the moral victory handed the North Vietnamese by American war protesters who reviled and spat upon the returning soldiers, airmen, sailors and marines.

I will not be softened by the wishful thinking of pacifists who chose reassurance over reality.

I will embrace the wise words of Prime Minister Tony Blair who told the Labor Party conference, "They have no moral inhibition on the slaughter of the innocent. If they could have murdered not 7,000 but 70,000, does anyone doubt they would have done so and rejoiced in it?

There is no compromise possible with such people, no meeting of minds, no point of understanding with such terror. Just a choice: defeat it or be defeated by it. And defeat it we must!"

I will force myself to:

-hear the weeping
-feel the helplessness
-imagine the terror
-sense the panic
-smell the burning flesh
- experience the loss
- remember the hatred.

I sat in a movie theater, watching "Private Ryan" and asked myself, "Where did they find the courage?"

Now I know.

We have no choice. Living without liberty is not living.

-- Ed Evans, MGySgt., USMC (Ret.)
Not as lean, Not as mean, But still a Marine.

Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Jerry wrote:
Letter to the American people from a soldier in Iraq,

In response to the 1st Presidential debate!

The 1st debate in the campaign for presidency of the United States raised some crucial issues that are still a cause for confusion to the American people. I decided it’s time for a viewpoint from someone who is in the middle of this war and has no room for debating this issue.

I have been in Iraq almost 9 months and I have seen the good and the bad of this war. Terrorists from other regions have been “pouring over the borders”, but certainly not for the first time. They are making contact with other members of Al Qaeda and other terrorist supporters on the inside of Iraq.

There are many tribes in the Sunni Triangle that openly invite foreign terrorists and provide refuge to those who join and help them. Tribes that are so dedicated to their cause of preventing a free Iraq, a Middle Eastern US ally, that even amid extreme impoverished living conditions, they will not respond to rewards offered for key Al Qaeda leaders.

25 million US dollars for Zarqawi should be enough to influence someone to provide information on his whereabouts, but apparently it’s not. The roots of terrorism run deep with some tribes in the Sunni triangle in Iraq. Terrorism was not born when the US rolled in on March 19th, 2003! Terrorism has been networked across the globe, and Iraq has been a major hub for terrorist activity long before we arrived.

The 1st debate between Bush and Kerry has highlighted a chasm between the two campaigns, more importantly, the two men regarding the question of Iraq and its role in terrorism. This is a split that is impossible to comprehend from where I stand!

Of course the war in Iraq is part of the war on terror! When Senator John Kerry said “the president made a colossal error of judgment by diverting attention from the war on terrorism and the hunt for terrorist leader Osama Bin Laden”, he could not be more wrong.

When Senator Kerry said that “Mr. Bush was not candid with the public about his reasons for invading Iraq or the difficult fight ahead”, besides exhibiting a poor memory, he showed an incredible lack of ability to see that no mission will ever go exactly as you plan it.

A candidate for the US presidency ought to know that your enemy is going to have something to say about how the fight is fought. The enemy is going to do the unexpected, and plans will change. I am sorry that it’s not an ideal scenario for Senator Kerry, but no war is.

I am repeatedly asked what the soldiers feel about the war in Iraq. Soldiers in the US armed forces come in all shapes and sizes… and viewpoints. I don’t pretend to speak for all soldiers, but I do believe that most men and women in today’s military share something very close to these same beliefs.

Most soldiers here believe in the mission in Iraq. They know, like I do, that the former regime in Iraq was an important component in the war on Terror. There is no doubt that terrorist cells have been allowed to operate within these borders for some time, and that Hussein’s regime most likely provided financial support as well!

Do the soldiers want to be here? I have not met a soldier yet that does not want to come home, who wouldn’t? But they do believe in this mission. Most soldiers believe that it is imperative to keep the mission going at least until security is established in Iraq.

There is no greater dishonor to the 1350 plus coalition and contractor deaths, and over 7,000 wounded men and women, than to plan a retreat before a reasonable assurance for the success of the new Iraqi government can be attained.

I don’t know where this concept of get in and get out was started, but sometimes wars are not accommodating to that theory. The United States has earned a poor reputation for resolve to finish the job, and it’s time the proponents of that trend, like Senator Kerry, realize it and correct it by stopping their efforts to politicize our mission.

Kerry’s message to the troops was, “Help is on the way!” In what form Senator Kerry?

You have alienated the coalition countries that we fight beside every day. You cannot articulate a plan for success, and you have no grasp that this war was even necessary. Thanks, but no thanks!

"Wrong War, Wrong Place, Wrong Time?" You tell that story to the millions of impoverished, and persecuted Iraqi people who for the past generation have lived with the fear of being marched out into the desert and shot for their beliefs.

You tell that story to the families of those bodies recovered from the dozens of mass graves throughout Iraq. Try to sell that load of bull to the little kids who were denied access to their water in the Marshlands of Iraq and left to starve to death. Sell it to someone else, but not me!

Senator Kerry sent a message to the American people in his closing remarks that said that he will “get your kids home and get the job done and win the peace”.

I am a 38 year old man who joined the military 18 years ago, and I have yet to find a “kid” in Uniform from the United States. I have however found many good young men and women who are proudly serving their country.

Men and Women from all over the United States have joined the military of their own free will, knowing that one day they may be asked to put their lives in harms way. Very few of these men and women want to be here, it’s just a commitment that we made, and one that we intend to honor.

I sincerely hope that you enjoy your moment in the spotlight Senator Kerry! I know that in the end, the bull that you have been selling to the American people will be recognized and that the voters will let you know what they think of it come November.

American’s need a president who will make sound decisions, and not be afraid of what the global community thinks. That man is already in office, and will remain in office for four more years!

Captain Ron Hayes
US Army, Iraq

http://jb-williams.com/soldier-debate1.htm

Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debs wrote:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1234353/posts

Letter From a Marine Now in Iraq
Nicholas Warr, Chapter President 1/5 Vietnam Veterans Unit Chapter | NA | 1st. Lt. Robert L. Nofsinger USM

Nicholas Warr, Chapter President 1/5 Vietnam Veterans Unit Chapter 1st Marine Division Association P. O. Box 2680 Hendersonville, N. C. 28793 FLASH: READ & DISTRIBUTE http://www.1-5vietnamveterans.org/

To All Vietnam and other Veterans: Please read the attached plea from a Marine fighting in Iraq. If after reading it you feel as I do, that no matter what your politics are we should be doing everything possible to support our troops, pass this on to your family and friends. Semper Fidelis!

FROM MARINE NOW IN IRAQ

Hello Everyone, I am taking time to ask you all for your help. First off, I'd like to say that this is not a political message. I'm not concerned about domestic politics right now. We have much bigger things to deal with, and we need your help.

It seems that despite the tremendous and heroic efforts of the men and women serving here in Iraq to bring much needed peace and stability to this region, we are losing the war of perception with the media and American people. Our enemy has learned that the key to defeating the mighty American military is by swaying public opinion at home and abroad.

We are a people that cherish the democratic system of government and therefore hold the will of the people in the highest regard. We love to criticize ourselves almost to an endless degree, because we care what others think. Our enemies see this as a weakness and are trying to exploit it.

When we ask ourselves questions like, "Why do they hate us?" or "What did we do wrong?" we are playing into our enemies' hands.

Our natural tendency to question ourselves is being used against us to undermine our effort to do good in the world. How far would we have gotten if after the surprise attacks on December 7, 1941 at Pearl Harbor, we would have asked, "Why do the Japanese hate us so much?" or "How can we change ourselves so that they won't do that again?"

Here in Iraq the enemy is trying very hard to portray our efforts as failing and fruitless. They purposely kill innocents and desecrate their bodies in hopes that the people back home will lose the will to fight for liberty. They are betting on our perceived weakness as a thoughtful, considerate people. Unfortunately our media only serves to further their cause.

In an industry that feeds on ratings and bad news, a failure in Iraq would be a goldmine. When our so-called "trusted" American media takes a quote from an Iraqi doctor as the gospel truth over that of the men and women that are daily fighting to protect the right to freedom of press, you know something is wrong.

That doctor claimed that out of 600 Iraqis that were casualties of the fighting, the vast majority of them were women, children and the elderly. This is totally absurd. In the history of man, no one has spent more time and effort, often to the detriment of our own mission, to be more discriminate in our targeting of the enemy than the American military.

The Marines and Soldiers serving in Iraq have gone through extensive training in order to limit the amount of innocent casualties and collateral damage. Yet, despite all of this, our media consistently sides with those who openly lie and directly challenge the honor of our brave heroes fighting for liberty and peace.

What we have to remember is that peace is not defined as an absence of war. It is the presence of liberty, stability and prosperity. In the face of the horrendous tyranny of the former Iraqi regime, the only way true peace was able to come to this region was through force. That is what the American Revolution was all about. Have we forgotten? Freedom is not free and "peace" without principle is not peace.

The peace that so-called "peace advocates" support can only be brought to Iraq through the use of military force . And we are doing it, if only the world will let us! If the American people believe we are failing, even if we are not, then we will ultimately fail. That is why I am asking for your support. Become a voice of truth in your community. Wherever you are fight the lies of the enemy. Don't buy into the pessimism and apathy that says, "It's hopeless," "They hate us too much," "That part of the world is just too messed up," "It's our fault anyway," "We're to blame," and so forth.

Whether you're in middle school, working at a 9-5 job, retired, or a stay-at-home Mom you can make a huge difference! There is nothing more powerful than the truth. So, when you watch the news and see doomsday predictions and spiteful opinions on our efforts over here, you can refute them by knowing that we are doing a tremendous amount of good.

Spread the word. No one is poised to make such an amazing contribution to the everyday lives of Iraqis and the rest of the Arab world than the American Armed Forces. By making this a place where liberty can finally grow, we are making the whole world safer.

Your efforts at home are directly tied to our success. You are the soldiers at home fighting the war of perception. So I'm asking you as a fellow fighting man: do your duty. Stop the attempts of the enemy wherever you are. You are a mighty force for good, because truth is on your side. Together we will win this fight and ensure a better world for the future.

God Bless and Semper Fidelis, 1st. Lt. Robert L. Nofsinger USMC Ramadi, Iraq

ArmyMedicsMom
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This website has lots of links to Soldier blogs and Iraqi blogs.

http://iraqthemodel.blogspot.com
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:33 am    Post subject: My thanks to Army Medics Mom Reply with quote

We don't have to limit our thinking to only the present situation in Iraq or to the next election. Our lives will go far beyond these events and our ability to influence events will only grow stronger as long as we keep in mind that the mission is not over yet.
I was born in the Great War. Mine is a Phoenix Generation, our inheritance was blood and ashes. It was our mission from the beginning to take the blood and the ashes and make bricks and mortar and to rebuild the edifice of our humanity. I fought as did my father and grandfather before me so that one day we might all be free from tyrany.
We will continue to have to fight as long as there are men in the world who are possesed of the evil ambition for domination over others

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: