SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pat Tillman's Picture Used on Anti-War Poster
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
southerndelite
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please try the link again....it just worked for me and gave the name of who did this deplorable deed. I don't know how to put what was written on this link because I'm not very computer savvy. Sad
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

southerndelite wrote:
Please try the link again....it just worked for me and gave the name of who did this deplorable deed. I don't know how to put what was written on this link because I'm not very computer savvy. Sad

I still can't get it to come up -
Here's how to copy and paste what is there here -
once the page comes up go to the top and click on edit, then select all, then, edit ,copy and then go to this site and in the body of your reply click on it and then edit, paste. This will show the whole page.
Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this what you guys are talking about, the first link?
http://www.kpho.com/Global/story.asp?S=2398355&nav=23KtRjD9

Quote:
(CBS 5 News)--CBS 5 News has learned who's behind those anti-war posters using Pat Tillman's Picture.

It's an artist who is also an assistant professor with a Chicano Studies project at A-S-U.

John {Lane-yos} Leanos says he doesn't think the message is "anti-war"

He says he respects Tillman, and he simply wanted the posters to be thought-provoking about the tragic decisions made in Afghanistan.

The anti-war fliers with Pat Tillman's picture on them showed up on valley streets.

The posters had a picture of Pat Tillman in his Army ranger uniform, then right next to his picture is a message that's supposed to suggest it was written by Tillman himself.

It said...I was killed by my own Army Ranger platoon in Afganistan on April 22nd, 2004. I am a hero to many of you. My death was tragic my glory was short lived. Flawed perceptions of myself my country and the war on terror resulted in the disasterous end to my life.

Stolen Honor
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Son of a VET wrote:
Is this what you guys are talking about, the first link?
http://www.kpho.com/Global/story.asp?S=2398355&nav=23KtRjD9

Quote:
(CBS 5 News)--CBS 5 News has learned who's behind those anti-war posters using Pat Tillman's Picture.

It's an artist who is also an assistant professor with a Chicano Studies project at A-S-U.

John {Lane-yos} Leanos says he doesn't think the message is "anti-war"

He says he respects Tillman, and he simply wanted the posters to be thought-provoking about the tragic decisions made in Afghanistan.

The anti-war fliers with Pat Tillman's picture on them showed up on valley streets.

The posters had a picture of Pat Tillman in his Army ranger uniform, then right next to his picture is a message that's supposed to suggest it was written by Tillman himself.

It said...I was killed by my own Army Ranger platoon in Afganistan on April 22nd, 2004. I am a hero to many of you. My death was tragic my glory was short lived. Flawed perceptions of myself my country and the war on terror resulted in the disasterous end to my life.

Thanks! What an idiot. And this is what is at colleges teaching our kids.
Rich
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

" Want people to be aware of the tragic decisions made in Aghanistan"? Can you believe this fool? Imagine a world right now if heros like Tillman didnt answer the call, do their duty, oust the Taliban and Al Qaeda? Imagin if the terror camps and madrasses were still going full swing?

20 years as a big city cop should have insulated me from these liberal fools but they do still occasionaly stun me.

Good Lord what planet are these fools living on?...............Rich
shooter
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Words cannot convey my anger and sadness for Mr. Tillman's family.

I'd love to arrange a meeting with this @#%king turd and Mr. Zarquoi (sp). Then maybe, if only for a moment, he would see the real reason we're fighting this war. Twisted Evil

All these anti-war P***ies remind me of what I came home to in '71. Now, all those hippy bastards have tenure and have spent years indoctrinating the masses in their commie view of the world. We have got to put an end to this - NOW and FOREVER !!

For those that fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know !!

Harley Davidson - If you have to ask, you don't understand !

Gun Control = Double tap - center mass
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent this to Drudge Report, but he hasn't posted it.
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send the link to as many people you know.
brotherofvietvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: "flawed perceptions" Reply with quote

The only "flawed perceptions" is the writers own.

His perceived "accurate perception" is to keep the Taliban in power in Afganistan, keep women wearing burkas, and support a permanent base of operations for Osama and Al Qaeda.

This "professor" does nothing but professor a traitorous,cowards view. Unbelievable this guy is on a government payroll. This guy should be tared and feathered.
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the URL for "Professor" John Jota Leaņos, Chicana and Chicano Studies Department, Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona.

http://www.asu.edu/clas/chicana/john.html

His university page gives a link to another web site,

http://www.leanos.net

This page lists the faculty of "Professor" Leaņos' department, including the department head:

http://www.asu.edu/clas/chicana/faculty.html

Finally, this page lists info regarding ASU's administration, including links for the University President, Michael Crow, and the Arizona Board of Regents (which supervises the Arizona university system):

http://www.asu.edu/admin/

Dr. Crow's page includes his phone number, e-mail address, and postal address. "Professor" Leaņos' web page includes similar information.

I for one plan to write Dr. Crow and/or the Board of Regents expressing my displeasure.
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update: Dr. Crow, ASU President, does not list his e-mail address on his web page. However, there is a forms-based page on which Dr. Crow may be contacted via e-mail. The URL for that forms-based e-mail contact page is

http://www.asu.edu/president/contact/

Dr. Crow's web page does, however, list his postal address, office phone, and fax number, should anyone care to contact him via these means. His offical web page is

http://www.asu.edu/president/

Should you wish to call Dr. Crow's office, please remember that Arizona is currently on MST, which (until savings time expires) is effectively the same as Left Coast time (PDT). If you live in the Eastern Time zone, you can likely reach someone at his office as late as 7:30 or 8:00PM EDT.
AZVet61
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Response to ASU President Michael Crow Reply with quote

I have today written to Michael Crow, President of ASU, demanding that John Leanos, the professor that authored the scurrilous poster, essentially quoting Pat Tillman as accusing his fellow soldiers of killing him, be immediately fired. As we all know, Pat Tillman gave up a promising pro football career to fight for his country. He knew well the risks of combat, including those of friendly fire. The use of his picture and text suggesting otherwise, all of which was not authorized by his family, is not, cannot be justified under even the most liberal principles which prevail upon American college campuses. I have also written to legislative representatives who, I have no doubt will have questions about this to President Crow, particularly since the Arizona Board of Regents has just requested legislative approval of a $1.26 Billion budget.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Re: Response to ASU President Michael Crow Reply with quote

AZVet61 wrote:
I have today written to Michael Crow, President of ASU, demanding that John Leanos, the professor that authored the scurrilous poster, essentially quoting Pat Tillman as accusing his fellow soldiers of killing him, be immediately fired. As we all know, Pat Tillman gave up a promising pro football career to fight for his country. He knew well the risks of combat, including those of friendly fire. The use of his picture and text suggesting otherwise, all of which was not authorized by his family, is not, cannot be justified under even the most liberal principles which prevail upon American college campuses. I have also written to legislative representatives who, I have no doubt will have questions about this to President Crow, particularly since the Arizona Board of Regents has just requested legislative approval of a $1.26 Billion budget.

very well put. I am going to write also and demand he be fired. I can't imagine that they'd consider keeping this guy around!
AZVet61
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

President of ASU, Michael Crow, does have an email address. It is: michael.crow@asu.edu
azTrish
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say something... If I keep in my feelings my dog runs and hides.. and he's a rottie!

The professor and other idiot types don't have any heros so they wouldn't recognize one if they saw one.

This is the same as Rather & C-BS using forged documents and claiming they were by a deceased officer. Taken in this light and side by side Rather & C-bBS look even sicker, now. as if thought possible.

So sorry I forgot, the Liberal side has that playing make believe hero J G K something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: