SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swift Vets Wasting Money
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want to run the ad on liberal MSM stations? Why, you could show Kerry burning down a village and they would say that it was GW's Zippo. Showing the ads to the liberal media is a waste of money. The effect though is that they know it is getting out to the Right and the undecided on the networks that will even run the ads. Remember isn't it CBS that will not run the ad nor will the interview John O'Neil yet they have had every liberal pundent on that like to call the ASwiftees liars. Let them run with their Forged documents. They pick up enough votes for GW with their dishonest efforts.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Effect of Ads on Fox Reply with quote

According to a Rasmussen poll released a few months ago, regular Fox News watchers favored Bush by a margin of about 2 to 1. But the debates will probably draw a wider audience than the "faithful" Fox watchers--those who watch Fox every night. If 7 million people watch the debate on Fox, and 1/3 of them are Kerry supporters, that's still 2.3 million Kerry supporters seeing the ads. Even if only 10% of them change their minds, 230,000 votes can go a long way in a close election.

Still, it would have been interesting to run the ads on all the cable news stations, including CNN and MSNBC. The two of them combined get less viewers than Fox, but there would be a higher proportion of Kerry supporters. Since I don't know the relative cost of an ad on Fox, CNN, or MSNBC, I'm sure the Swiftees ran the ads where they could get the most bang for their buck, since they don't have as many bucks as George Soros!
vet_supporter
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see why it would seem illogical for the SBVTs to put their ads on Fox but I think its a good idea for the following reason.

Although many of us were around in 1971-72 doesn't mean we knew what Kerry was up to. For example, former POW Paul Galanti just found out in July 2004 that it was Kerry whose voice the NVCs played to him while trying to force him to admit he was a war criminal. He didn't know the culprit until over 30 years later.

For myself, I knew about the low life VVAW because I was at a college in Feb. 1972 where these bums started a riot that lasted two days, destroyed much public and private property and resulted in over 450 arrests. Interestingly enough, the national news did not report this riot. None of the three stooge networks said a word about it. It wasn't until the SBVT started coming forward that I realized, 32 years later WHY the national media did not report it. The VVAW were their pets, just like Kerry, and since everyone on that campus of 25,000 students knew this small group of bums, about 28 people as I recall, started the riot, the national media didn't want to give them any bad press.

So, there are many of us that watch FOX that need the facts provided by the SBVTs. In turn, this gets us even more motivated to tell others.

We can all have our opinions about tactics. We can disagree but that should not interfere with our overall goal, preventing a proven traitor, one who right this moment is campaigning about selling out our troops again, from lying his way into the White House.

Thirty years ago, the media enabled John Kerry. They are doing the same thing today.

This is a wound that has been infected for over 30 years. The only way it can be healed is for John Kerry to lose in a landslide. We need to make sure that he loses in a landslide.

VS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: