SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brit Hume objects to running Stolen Honor?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Fox News Network, once considered an alternative to the MSM has become a vast wasteland of responsible journalism. They should have offered a three hour block of time on Saturday evening to air the Swiftee charges with both sides participating in the debate.

I have written and E-mailed Roger Ailes and Brit Hume many times and have posted my many pleas on this board over the past 4 months without one response. Their refusal to allow this important issue to be discussed fully prior to the Nov. 2nd election is a clear case of derelection of their public responsibility. After all, they are just too busy with all the sex and violence stuff.
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has never been a Presidential candidate who has so grievously offended a number of POW's that they wanted make their objections to his candidacy heard. That's news. The media doesn't know how to deal with it, only because the object of the POW's anger is the media's pet candidate. If it was Bush who had gone to meet with the enemy during a time of war as a Naval Reserve officer, and Bush who had pressed the government to accept the enemy's terms of surrender, and Bush who testified before Congress that the men he served with were war criminals, thereby harming the POW's, the media couldn't hear about it enough. Does anyone doubt they would clear the boards and put the POW's on every program from Today to Tonight for the next 3 weeks, and print endless interviews in every liberal newspaper and magazine through election day?
The media would find nothing, nothing whatever wrong with getting such facts out to the public. We know that, because they hasten to publish even gossip, slander and fraudulent documents, so long as it serves their candidate. But the fact that these POW's, our beloved and respected heroes, have something negative to say about Kerry and not Bush, causes the opposite kind of frenzy. A frenzy to condemn, stifle and censor. Rank hypocricy. Blatant partiality. Obvious bias. Shame on them.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you hear him speaking to the VP of Sinclair in the earlier segment, though?

He was clearly in favor of Sinclair's airing Stolen Honor - at least it seemed that way, to me.

After discussing the airing, itself, he replayed the Kerry representative's "threat" against Sinclair and allowed the Sinclair guy to respond to it fully. Getting the points out there.

How cool was that to replay the very clear threat?

"They'd better hope we don't win." (We'll that's exactly what we hope, but this is only a small part of the reason why. Wink )

Sure fits in with the rest of their attempts to snuff out free speech. Threaten, intimidate, deny, evade, deny.

I didn't see that part of the All Star Panel in which they discussed this, but I'll try to catch it in few hours.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Navy, in the first segment he did seem that way.......that is why his tone shocked me so in the grapevine part.

Someone else was commenting about how the media would handle it if the charges the Swifties have made against Kerry had been made against Bush instead. I agree they would all pounce on it like a shark on blood.

We know that....everyone knows that, but NO ONE WILL ADMIT IT! ITS NUTS. What planet am I on??? Send a spaceship for a return trip PLEASEEEEEEEEEE.
pneal
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noc wrote:
The post I read earlier on their website said they were still putting together the format for the hour long show. It is not clear at this point how much time will be devoted to airing the documentary and whether they will have pundits or town hall meeting style responses.

If it is being shown as a news show I would expect they will have responses from Kerry or those who support him.

Tough thing for Kerry is no matter what the response the truth will hurt him.

He can run, but he can't hide. Wink

I completely agree!!! When Sinclair announced the "intention" of showing the documentary, that was the first blow for equality in broadcasting (not to slight the SwiftVet ADs), during this entire campaign. Even if it doesn't make it to the tube, the very idea that there is a documentary, made by POW's and denouncing Kerry, the damage is done. Kerry's people, running around crying "foul" Rolling Eyes , AGAIN, makes people curious about all the fuss. People who support the President, still wanted to see what Moore's crap-mentary had to say. We just need the fence jockey's to hear about, and investigate, this "Stolen Honor" thing. I own the documentary and loan it out to anyone interested in seeing the truth. It's very powerful. I know after a person watches it, their feeling about Kerry's fitness for office would change dramatically.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanna wrote:
I find it hard to believe that there are as many people as there are that support Kerry. I keep asking myself why.......why why why.....I do not get it. Bush should be winning this by a larger landslide than there has ever been in this Country. I feel like I am on an alien planet.

boy, I'm with you there..... has this country been so dumbed down??? Twisted Evil

bor just gave his poll results on favortism on his show.... sounds like the dems bombed him..... only 11% say he favors kerry...59 % say no favortism.... JOKE ! Laughing Laughing

I missed that part of Brit! I'll have to catch it later..... will let ya'll know what I think....I caught about 1 line out of Charlie's mouth ! that's all....

the liberal debate moderator for the next debate will be on Hannity and Colmes.....
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bush who testified before Congress that the men he served with were war criminals, thereby harming the POW's, the media couldn't hear about it enough. Does anyone doubt they would clear the boards and put the POW's on every program from Today to Tonight for the next 3 weeks, and print endless interviews in every liberal newspaper and magazine through election day?

I agree with what Shadowy wrote. There would be no holding back, no debate, no outrage. We would hear about it 24 hrs a day every day up until election day. Every alphabet soup MSM would run endless reruns with pundits giving endless opinions all damning Bush.

The double standard makes me sick.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sort of off topic, but Hannity just said that it was FOX that broke the last minute DUI story regarding Bush in 2000. Is that true???
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes...it was Fox that broke the DUI issue on Bush right before the election causing Gore to almost win...and of course the MSM ran with it also.

I have e-mailed all Fox sources and will continue to do so. Stolen Honor should be shown to counter Michael Moore's "documentary".

This time the vets should be heard. The press has tried it's darnest to not let the vets be heard. We have had to press hard about the swiftvets getting their voices be heard and we will continue this fight also.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why in the world would FOX do that?? And then turn around and say what Kerry did 35 years ago in and after Vietnam is irrelevant??? Can anyone bring these two things together in a way it makes sense??
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanna wrote:
Why in the world would FOX do that?? And then turn around and say what Kerry did 35 years ago in and after Vietnam is irrelevant??? Can anyone bring these two things together in a way it makes sense??

Especially in light of the fact that Kerry continues to undermine our defense, our intelligence departments and our military to this day?

He's just as anti-American as he's ever been.
reconflyer
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, we're in tough times, folks.

There is a difference between F911 and Stolen Honor.

The difference being the former is lies and innuendo, the latter is true.

THAT is what thy cry is about.

Everyone knows that these gentlemen, the swifts and the POWs are men with honor, not political hacks, not Michael Moore spinmeisters, not opportunists, nay, they are responding the hair on the back of their neck being raised by the spectre of a Kerry presidency.

Imagine the lunacy, a fraudulent four month war hero political opportunist love-in brahmin on the cusp of the presidency of our very nation! Imagine how that chills the soul of these honorable men...

Lord help us all...

reconflyer
God and Country
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is very hard to be a conservative American.

God bless all of us.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I caught Special Report later tonight and listened to the panel discuss this.
The best part was Charles said "what Kerry did in 1971 is important and should be discussed". I always give a thank you to God for Charles.
Now, for myself, I didn't see Brit being on any particular side in this. He asks the questions and I have noticed he often has a tone during these questions and it doesn't matter what side it's on. That's just my perception. We all have different perceptions.
What is "important" is that they did discuss it so it is out there. They could have ignored the story, not discussed it, and that would have been better for Kerry.
And, the clip showing the threat on Linda Vester's show by one of Kerry's hatchet men got shown "twice" during Brit. That was good. It can be "seared" in people's minds now that the left is none too nice about free speech for conservatives, especially the POW's.
I agree with another writer here that it is hard to be a conservative in this country with the MSM. It's the MSM that is out there in their space machines not having a clue as to what the rest of the country thinks or feels. All they do is try to ram down our throats their beliefs, which isn't going over too well these days, thanks to the Internet.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SooZQ wrote:
Brit is the one who presents the
questions, and I don't believe that
just because he ASKS a question that
it is his opinion. The other folks then
answer, and Charles supported it for
obvious reasons. Mort seemed to
agree with the idea that to run it
without rebuttal would mean it was
propaganda, but I think the consensus
was that in the rebutal format it is
above reproach.

Very shrewed thinking by Sinclair
actually. They will invite Kerry to
rebut the documentary, but undoubtedly
he won't show, nor will any of his team.
Then the documentary will run anyway. Wink

No, Charles said very important thing: Kerry's anti war activities/testimonies are still a legitimate issue. I happen to agree with him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Stolen Honor" All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: