SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trick or Treat (Stolen Honor)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OKLady
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote against placing anything in a kid's bag - would you want your child to come home with a bunch of Kerry messages?

Think about the reaction to the remarks about Cheney's daughter. Think about the comments on this site re kids being subject to watching F 911 - we didn't like what the dems were doing - so let's keep the kids off limits.

However, I usually get a box of wine, some plastic glasses and then offer the parents their own treat - I get a good response on the offer .... if you have a W04 sign or a swiftee sign, you can always ask the adult if they want some info on the candidates... keep it classy ..
GoEagles
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little reverse strike might be fun. Discreetly put an anti-Bush message - something like "Bush will end Halloween and give you more homework, tell your parents to Vote Kerry" (it hurts to even type those last 2 words, shudder), making sure the kids and parents won't be able to tell which house this message came from.

If this makes the news, it will make the Kerry supporters look bad.

Putting in a pro-Bush / anti-Kerry message isn't going to convince anyone to change their vote anyway. This idea, while sleazy and mean (you can tell I'm an Eagles fan), could at least cause some bad publicity for the loony-left. Evil or Very Mad

Would you have gone to war with Iraq?
"You bet we might have" - John Fraud Kerry
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that this would be getting too close to the
slippery slope. Next thing we'd hear is that Bush
supporters tried to poison children of Democratic
neighbors! We should never give them ideas to
spin.

My 1 and a half cents! Wink

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again, while Im trying to understand how you all might feel that a 'treat' for the parents would be a 'danger' and the children should be 'off limits', is kind of beyond me. I have had three children and when they've returned home from trick or treating, I went through their bags and sorted acceptable from questionable candy. If I came across a political ad, I would read if interested or toss if not. I can see absolutely nothing that would harm the children.

In any event, as I posted on another thread, last night's Sinclair show was such a betrayal to us, the P.O.W.s and Carlton Sherwood. I won't waste anymore of my time on Sinclair. I feel they betrayed us all.

Therefore, in an effort to support Sherwood and distribute the film, I am going to purchase 5 copies of the film. I will place a large label stating "A Treat for Mom and Dad" or something like that, on the cover. The children will be disappointed that it was not something for them, but they will not be 'harmed' by it. The Parents, on the other hand, may be pissed. OR, they may know NOTHING about Stolen Honor or the controversy. It did not show in my area and living in Ohio, the message needs to get out, even if only 2 days before the election. I believe my effort will both support Sherwood and get the message out, even if it reaches only one undecided or soft dem. If Parents are pissed and contact the media, so be it. If they discover the gift was from me, I'll take the heat. I'm certain I will not have broken any laws and take this action with only the best of intentions.

I would encourage anyone else who feels comfortable doing so and can afford to buy even one extra copy of SH, to join me.

Kimberly
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: