SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What people are afraid to say: Civil War (long)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is WHY we have a Second Amendment, boys and girls.

However, I remain optimistic that our constitutional process will win out. There are many contingencies planned for in the framing of that sacred document, not the least of which is that congress can decide the Presidency in the event of unforeseen circumstances.

I've never seen the country so divided, but then again, I'm looking at history through a prism of optimism. I'm hoping for the best, and I have already planned for the worst. If push comes to shove, it's going to get nasty. There are no clearcut geographical boundries, as there was in the mid 19th century. And we have other enemies to deal with FIRST.

Which is why we will prevail. It's a matter of priorities. We have ours, they have theirs. Besides, we're the hawks in this skit. To mix a metaphor, if the mice vote to bell the cat, they'd best be prepared to be disappointed.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
bk_mo
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:27 am    Post subject: revolution Reply with quote

What a backfire if the revolution was reversed on John F'in skeery! 35 years in the waiting. We would freak the world out Wink ATTACK THE BOTOX KING!

REVOLUTION OF THE BOOMERS!!!!! All veterans from all over the nation traveling to surround areas to protect the revolution. TO MANY FOR LAWYERS TO CONTROL. Police and Fireman flee the storm. All wearing W04 gear.

Those hiding inside their homes cannot find a major network on TV to report what is going on outside their homes. Blank screen, Kerry supporters are trying to run. Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton are apprehended dressed as Michael and Janet Jackson. Madeline Albright disguised with Oliver North mask. Al Gore caught trying to flee to France as Mother Teressa. Bill Clinton trying to break into dairy queen disguised as a Banana. Teddy Kennedy caught with Hillary Clinton after car goes off a bridge....chap o quit with no water. Hillary singin stand by your nose!!! Tom Dashel found dancing as a drag queen. Howard Dean sitting in the lap of Lincoln suckin his thumb. Jimmy (Peanut) Carter wandering demanding stem cell cure! And the Beat goes onnnnnnnn Razz Very Happy
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brethren...I sense a lot of frustration and anger in this thread....Kerry's lawyers are instilling this feeling within us that they may indeed take away something very dear. It's the cornerstone for our freedom. I sit in amazement that they would actually even try. I know there are many more like me that will consider their actions more than we can bear and take upon ourselves the right to defend this great nation once again.
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The war would start if Kery gets elected an puts 3-4 liberal judges on the SCOTUS.

I doubt the idiots that might commit violence around the election will fade away unless there is a protracted court battle that goes on longer than Thanksgiving.

If it looks like the decision goes past that I would imagine people would get really antsy.
Weaponeer
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:11 am    Post subject: civil war Reply with quote

Sadly I expect a civil war if Kerry was SOMEHOW elected into office (far too many people could never follow his leadership..).

I guess I expect some limited riots if Kerry is not elected.

In either case I expect the coming weeks to be very stressful in one way or another.

I feel our forefathers knew there would be a chance of this happening, and it's the very reason why we have the 2nd amendment and also why it should NEVER be taken away.

Freedom is never free, and it should never be taken for granted.

Lets hope that this is truly a landside victory for Bush...

Weaponeer.net
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rush addressed this today and one thing that will help this is HUGE VOTER TURNOUT. It will make it harder for kerry to contest the election. He'll do it anyway in certain states, but if a lot of people turn out, it will be harder.
I do not expect Bush to step down, until a supreme court declares him the loser. I think he feels the need to stay by the country and protect it and not turn it over to kerry just to be a gentlemen.
I expect there will be some violence. I live in an mostly bush area, so i don't feel as fearful for myself. but just yesterday, my hubby tried to vote and when he tried to vote republican, it had him voting for democart!! he had to get help and the guy at the voting place said"he'd never seen anything like that before". The first person he asked for help was an Indian woman who yelled at him and tld him he had voted "democarat" and my hubby yelled back "no way" and then a man came and helped him. so one for Bush and the republican party..
what i fear is -in the end as Rush said,it won't matter. Kerry is going to make us all miserble while he and his lawyers are trying to steal the election.
I hope the RNC is ready for the fight.
arkadyfolkner
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping this news will backfire on Kerry in a big way.

The future of our country shouldnt be decided by a Lawyer
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been wanting to mention the possibilities for a couple of weeks now, but didn't want to be viewed as crazy or too pessamistic. Maybe be I should have said something sooner.... or, as it looks now, maybe many other people are thinking the same thing I have been.... (this might directly involve the 2nd Amd?!)

Anyway, let's hope for the best...
Desert Shield/Desert Storm
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.. guess I should have read all of the posts before I posted my prev. post.... MOST people are thinking on the same wavelength here!!!
Desert Shield/Desert Storm
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
The Balloon Artist
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The first think we do, let's kill all the lawyers ." -- Dick the Butcher, in Shakespeare's Henry VI, Part II
PrinceLazar
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Naive conservatives will doom us all!! Reply with quote

Chuck54 wrote:
[
I don't know much about history but I do know there was a certain war that was going on in 1916 that involved Russia that helped the Bolsheviks get their way.
***And the majority of the soldiers in the russian army were peasants, mostly not involved in political process. Most of them could neither read nor understand the politcal picture at that time. The city-dwellers in St. Petersburg, Moscow and Tsaritsyn (to name some) were still living a civillian life. Sure there were some deserters backing the commie base, but as a whole the revolution was orchestrated from INSIDE Russia, well away form the armed forces. ***

The US and especially its great history, and the mindset of those loyal to it is far different than Russia in 1916, whose only history was darkness and sadness and certainly not one of freedom and democracy. The Russians were used to being oppressed, they just exchanged one bad boss for a worse one.
***Historians still question how "oppressed" the majority of Russians actually were compared to other countries. What Lenin&Trotskij managed to do was to infuriate people with promises of better times and blaming the middle class for all the problems (and the tiny rich). The rhetoric is almost a BLUEPRINT of Kerrys of today.****

You tell me where today's left has the arms to go against our military and police?
***Lenins early left had minuscule amounts of arms at the start of the revolution. Only after the provisional government was toppled in 1918 did the communists get firearms power. The 1917 violence in St. petersburg was largely fought with streetmeans, massive manpower, but without significant arms. The Russian revolution was not started by superior firepower, but yes, it was WON later on by that, true enough.***

Yes they have lawyers and union thugs but that can only go so far.

***Lenin was a lawyer. Most of the communist strategists were lawyers and philosophers/debate-skilled people. Union thugs are EXTREMELY powerful in rallying any of their members no matter how outrageous their lies are. The Tsars biggest mistake was that he thought his own people would no let themsleves become incited into risking it all to overthrow his rule.***

Also, many on the left who want Bush out would suddenly become terrified of an all out clash....they do not have the stomach for it...they would abandon their lefty collaborators.
***I agre here, but don't forget that many of the leftist people that would get terified would still be loyal to their base as long as they believed the cause was just. Also there are at least 1 million full-time 24/7 liberal agitiators doing nothing but living to get rid of our president. I think many of these people will end up with such dark holes in their heart after Bush wins, if the liberal lawyers don't manage to spin a victory out of nothing.

The actual number of loyal lefties willing to die for their cause is quite small....most of what you see on the websites is a lot of hot air, blather, and drivel.
***We don't know this yet. Die, sure Americans are not jihadists, but willing to risk street brawls, roits and sit-downs?? Just imagine how devastating a rally of just black inner-city residents in the major cities would be. Many of these people could easily be swayed into believing they have nothing to lose and the Kerry-people would have no qualms using them like Arafat is using kids to throw rocks at Isreali soldiers.***

And even if you are right I say once more.....the only viable approach to deal with this is to BRING EM ON!
***The tsars Cossacks and the St. Petersburg middle-class said the same in 1916. I know the times are different, but don't underestimate the power of lunacy incitements from Mc Aucliffe, Dean, Gore, Jesse Jackson or even the Clintons (if pushed to far).***

Got any other suggestions for how to deal with it?

***My friend, we oth share the same desires for the end, and we also agree upon the menas. I am not painting red everywhere, but simply trying to emphasize that the Democrats of 2004 can displace the Mensjhevics of 2004 if they play the same way as Lenin's thugs did.

btw, Do you remember the buildup before the elections after the provisional government? The Menshjeviks won, but Lenin then declared the election invalid and ceased power.

I will step up besides ANYONE here and fight our cause ANYWHERE ANYTIME, but I also know there are countless others on the other side willing to do the same. Understimating the enemy is the only sure way give away free victories.

MY SUGGESTION IS SIMPLE. Get every single soul out to vote. DO EVERYTHING IN YOUR MIND TO CONVINCE EVERYBODY YOU KNOW AND LOVE. Argue based on character issues. Theresa vs. Laura. Bush as a likeable fellow vs. Kerry's aristocratic elitist attitude. Cheney's experience ,knowledge and selfless loyalty vs. Edwards egotrip maniac selfishness and his history of ripping doctors off by using juk factualities (Ethically incorrect, but "legally accceptable").
Also tell the same people how the Democrats claim to care for gay issues and yet are willing to out anyone on National TV for the sake of self-promotion and denegrading the other.

This is an extremely nerve-wrecking election and I really am wasting to much time on this as it is. My only comfort is that the election is only a week away and I can soon (hopefully to God) return to my normal life..

Need some wood?!?!
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way in Hell that the US would ever have another Civil War. There are always malcontents and anarchists around and various fringe groups with an agenda. When we had the War of 1861 it was a time when the country was less than 80 years from it war of Independence. Most of the people still considered themselves citizens of a state first. At that time the state was the country. The war took us from a loose confederation of states and a weak central government to a federation of states and a strong central government. We have not changed. The only war we are likely to have here will involve the infiltration of foreigners onto our shores who want to change our form of government to theirs and impose their way of life on us. This will not be done by other Americans, but it may involve persons who are Americans in name only.
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have been watching and feeling a growing worry about this country that goes beyond just who you like for President. The 60's were not fun. I remember the fighting in the streets. Many here do. Think it can't happen? Think again. I have this dread that should we lose this battle, it will force us into the streets. Again this is not just another election. We all endured Clinton; maybe we shouldn't have. I now realize how dangerous his administration was to this country.
But Kerry has every intention to take this country to its knees and deliver it to the UN. The United States is the last superpower and Kerry and Clinton want to bring it down and in keeping with the Euro-group. They both want to be KING. They both have their eyes set on being head of the UN. Make no mistake abot it. And with Hillary as President....I just can't think about that.
So we have to get organized and vote each of them out of Senate and Representative seats. Daschle, Kennedy, Kerry, just make a list and they have to be voted out. Yes, this is a war. I hope we have become aware soon enough and can get organized across the country.

I am worried that the film has been the flashpoint. I refuse to sit at home and let my rights be taken that way. I wrote here before that I was thinking I was too old to be in the streets but I will be ready. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo Jack wrote:
Quote:
When we had the War of 1861 it was a time when the country was less than 80 years from it war of Independence. Most of the people still considered themselves citizens of a state first. At that time the state was the country.

And now they consider themselves Citizens of the UN
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well let's try to stay positive...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: