SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Military vote being thrown out? What would commanders do?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is exactly why I became involved in this election. I promised to vote for W because my military friend said his vote would not count.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a slap to Tom Ridge. Embarrasing. What a slap to the military! Felons can't vote - neither can non-citizens. How can they justify this to them? This crap just never stops.
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest everyone use that link to the governor's website and make their feelings known. I told that governor he should be ashamed of himself. I told him I felt he was playing partisan politics by trying to suppress the military vote.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
Knighthawk
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a military member, this concerns me greatly. I went through the same thing in Florida last election. It doesn't matter if it is 1 vote or 16,000 votes.

The liberals are using this tactic on purpose, because they know that the military is going to overwhelmingly support Bush. If they can get 16,000 military votes thrown out in Pennsylvania, who do you think will end up winning the state?.......It ain't gonna be Bush, that's for sure.

The levels that the liberals will stoop to try and sway the election never ceases to amaze me.

My retirement paperwork has been submitted because I want Bush to sign my paperwory not Kerry. After I retire I am going to spend a great deal of time defeating the liberals wherever I can, because they are tearing this country apart and I don't want to see that happen.

Just my .02˘

Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity! Lick it once and you'll suck forever.

If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil.

Knighthawk's Pictures!
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Military and Veterans Affairs -- thomas.powers@paharr.ang.af.mil
-- janet.ferrebee@paharr.ang.af.mil
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
After I retire I am going to spend a great deal of time defeating the liberals wherever I can, because they are tearing this country apart and I don't want to see that happen.

Thanks, we need some major help. It's a shame too, I'm sure you would rather ride your motorcycle or hang out with our wife and all.
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much for the Kerry promise that every vote will be counted. Maybe he means every dead uncle vote will be counted.
Knighthawk
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerrry meant that every vote will be counted EXCEPT the ones that have a APO return address. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity! Lick it once and you'll suck forever.

If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil.

Knighthawk's Pictures!
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is on Powerline Blog - Sen. Rick Santorum is on it- from PowerlineBlog

http://powerlineblog.com/archives/008252.php

Reader Richard Davis sent me an email regarding allegations by Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum that Democratic Governor Ed Rendell is trying to limit the vote of absentee military personnel while maximizing the vote of criminals.

[I] heard Sen. Rick Santorum on a radio interview last night on 1210 AM with Dom Giordano. He said that Gov. Ed Rendell will not extend the deadline for absentee ballots sent in by Pennsylvania soldiers. These ballots were sent only a day or two ago (maybe even Oct 20th), they are a month late (should have been sent no later than 9/22) and are due by Nov 1st. The [stated] reason they were sent late was because [of uncertainty as to whether Nader's name would be included]. There are 16,000 troops from PA, and more than 3/4 of them will probably vote for Bush. At the same time, Rendell is making sure that prisoners are assisted and hand-held so that they can send in absentee ballots from prison.
It seems clear that if the absentee ballots were sent out late, the deadline for return receipt should be extended as far out as reasonably possible.

UPDATE: Reader Robert Saye points me to an AP report that the Pentagon will post on its Web site a federal write-in ballot for civilian and military voters overseas who do not get their regular absentee ballot in time. This was done, a Pentagon spokesman says, at the request of both Republicans and Democrats. I'm glad that the Pentagon is doing this, but it is only a partial solution. Rendell should extend the deadline for receiving the ballots that were sent out a month late.
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backstabbing troops in combat is nothing new to KingKerry.
He did it eloquently in the early seventees and he will do it again.
He and his band of hoodlums saluted each other with the raised clinched fist communist salute in those days.
He still does it today at every one of his speeches.
HE IS STILL THE SAME!!!
shooter
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so typical of the D and C..... They don't give a fat rats a** about the military!!!

LIE, CHEAT AND STEAL IS ALL THEY KNOW. It's all about power and the fact that they'll do anything to get it back.

Rendell is the CONSUMATE partisan hack!!!!

For those that fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know !!

Harley Davidson - If you have to ask, you don't understand !

Gun Control = Double tap - center mass
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rendell stinks

http://www.state.pa.us/papower/cwp/view.asp?Q=438770&A=11
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“We are pleased that through this ruling, and the hard work of the Department of State along with each of our 67 county election bureaus, the voting rights of all military and overseas citizens will be protected in the important upcoming election.

Orwellian double-speak.
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a hard core Democrat......
arkadyfolkner
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is my letter.

Dear Governor:

At one point I considered moving to Pennsylvania to enjoy a better quality of life there, but after reading about your actions to manipulate a presidential election by throwing out the votes of it's military members I can no longer in good conscience do so, at least while you hold office.

Your actions are a sham, an iexcusable fraud to the great institutions of this country, a betrayal to every military serviceman from the times when the minutemen first took up arms in the battle for our country's cherished freedom to the trooper in a faraway desert rebuilding a shattered country that was under the control of the bloodiest tyrant the world has ever known.

Shame on you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: