SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sabato speculates about big endorsement
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

e is Sabato's website if you are interested

http://www.centerforpolitics.org/crystalball/
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry Sabato tries to appear impartial, but I have always thought that
his sympathies are with the left which would not be suprising for a
college professor. Five months before the election, his website had
a 274 to 264 victory for Kerry. In the past few weeks, Kerry has
never even come close to that number of EV. I noticed yesterday
that he has changed his final EV projection to a 284 to 254 Bush win.

I do not think that most endorsements matter anymore. Lieberman
endorsing Bush would be significant since he was the VP candidate in
2000. Nancy Regan has already said that she supports Bush, despite
their differences on the stem cell question. Larry is either "blowing
smoke" or whatever endorsement he has in mind will not really make
any difference.
JannDallas
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Italian PM or President endorsed Bush today. Spelling will be bad, but it is Berlisconi.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing

I think it is Terezza Heinz Kerry --- (1) first she makes her pitch that President Bush should dump Laura --- "i'm older my experience and validation is better" (or something like that) (2) President Bush obviously treats his wife better than sckerry j fnk k treats her (3) She wants another mansion (4) A dead man's money -- another woman's husband -- what would it matter to her. Laughing Laughing Laughing
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another could be McCain, he came out this week and said GW was wrong to say Kerry doesn't understand the war and that Kerry does understand the war.

Now here is my fantasy, Bill comes out for of course the sake of the country, now allowing it to be torn apart by law suits and that he must choose his country over part. Reason: resume for the UN, a sure bet to allow H to run in 08, will make her look like not a uniter not a divider.

OOOOOOOOOOOOh the fantasy
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Sabato speculates about big endorsement Reply with quote

Whacker77 wrote:
I didn't hear the show, but apparently Larry Sabato was on BOR show today. He said there was going to be a major endorsement next week that might alter the race. As I said, Ididn't hear. Other posters said that it sounded like it would be for Kerry. A lot of the speculation is about Nacy Reagan for Kerry. I find this hard to believe. Conservatives are floating the idea that Lieberman may endorse Bush. Of course it's speculation, but has anyone else heard this?

I saw some kind of promo with Nancy Reagan but I didn't hear what it was about .
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be McCain. I heard on Fox this morning, he criticized Bush's new corporate tax incentive/cuts for businesses. McCain is a loose cannon and you never know what he's going to do.
But, all in all, I don't think the general public gives a hoot who endorses who. It's all a bunch of political partisan crap.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
Ellis
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Sabato speculates about big endorsement Reply with quote

Whacker77 wrote:
I didn't hear the show, but apparently Larry Sabato was on BOR show today. He said there was going to be a major endorsement next week that might alter the race. As I said, Ididn't hear. Other posters said that it sounded like it would be for Kerry. A lot of the speculation is about Nacy Reagan for Kerry. I find this hard to believe. Conservatives are floating the idea that Lieberman may endorse Bush. Of course it's speculation, but has anyone else heard this?

That is a very safe type of prediction to make, since important things happen every week.

I hereby predict that breaking news next week about a blue chip stock will alter the Dow Jones Average.
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I B Squidly wrote:
Ventura endorses Kerry...I'm overwhelmed...NOT!

Jesse's action bothered me. It always bothers me when I hear that vets are supporting Kerry.

Sam
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well something is going to happen this week, Bill O'reily let it slip few days ago. He had a woman spokesperson on for kerry and was asking why Kerry would not do his show. Even she agreed Kerry should do his show. He said W did his show, why wouldn't kerry. They then began to talk about campaign strategy and how kery is not doing as many big spots but really honing in on the small audiences b/c it is time to do that. Bill said, he may change his strategy next week when the polls drop. Shocked That kerry womn's eyes opened wide and lets say he got her attention. Shocked What does Bill O'relly now that we dont'? he is predicting a drop in the polls for kerry this week.

any thoughts?
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wednesdaychild wrote:
Well something is going to happen this week, Bill O'reily let it slip few days ago. He had a woman spokesperson on for kerry and was asking why Kerry would not do his show. Even she agreed Kerry should do his show. He said W did his show, why wouldn't kerry. They then began to talk about campaign strategy and how kery is not doing as many big spots but really honing in on the small audiences b/c it is time to do that. Bill said, he may change his strategy next week when the polls drop. Shocked That kerry womn's eyes opened wide and lets say he got her attention. Shocked What does Bill O'relly now that we dont'? he is predicting a drop in the polls for kerry this week.

any thoughts?

I thought he was referring to the way that they are trending - that Kerry is sliding downwards. I may have not been paying 100% attention tho. He may have just been playing her too, to try to get her to prompt Kerry more to come on his show - cheap salesmanship IMHO!
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sabato on Fox Tony Snow Live, not a peep about endorsement, said straight ticket votes would help Repubs this race and could hurt Daschel in SD. This is the next best thing to the POTUS. He says SD is tight as a tick. Prior to this they made comment on McCains remarks against both canidates and how he still thinks Bush is the best on the war on terror.
God and Country
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today's information age don't mean anything to the left. They only listen and hear what they want.

Ron Reagan Jr. is a disgrace to President Reagan.

McCain is a bad man, a very bad man.

BOR can redeemed himself with the conservatives if he goes back to his base and stop licking the left's Axx.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

truthserum wrote:
It might be McCain. I heard on Fox this morning, he criticized Bush's new corporate tax incentive/cuts for businesses. McCain is a loose cannon and you never know what he's going to do.
But, all in all, I don't think the general public gives a hoot who endorses who. It's all a bunch of political partisan crap.

Politically, the guy is done and in my view is a complete hypocrite. I supported him in 2000 over Bush because I thought he had a genuine smile and humble heart. NO. I think he has something with Kerry. McCain is the greatest defender--and supporter--of Kerry. When the election is over, it's time to take a deeper look on the guy.
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received and email from one of the major bloggers for an online journal and he said the righties believe it is Nancy Reagan but he doubts it. Didn't expect a personal response. However this does seem to indicate for sure it is for Kerry whoever it is
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: