SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Don't let ANYTHING stop you from voting
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cazador
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

We live overseas and we voted today.

What a good feeling it was Very Happy

If you have the medals, wear them! From now until Tuesday.

Cazador
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon is a one hundred percent vote by mail state, so my wife and I voted last weekend. I was out on a GOTV neighborhood walk for Republicans today. There were two large assisted living homes in my assigned area. Ninety-five percent of the old people had already sent their ballots in and proudly told me they voted for Bush. One woman was 101 years old and she was very proud that she voted for President Bush. She said, “I just don’t like that Kerry.” It made my day.
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
YAY!!!! Oh, it's so good to see this kind of enthusiasm!

I've already voted, as have the other three anti-Kerry-ites in the house.

No matter what's happening in the polls, one way or the other, don't be tricked into not voting!

Keep 'er rolling! Right through the closing of the polls in Hawaii, keep 'er rolling! Fight for every last vote!

Thank you for your energy and optimism!

Don't be dissuaded and help others to get to the polls too - also don't underestimate the ability to affect independent voters within your family and circle of friends and acquaintances...!

Go Bush, Go USA, Go Freedom and Truth...!!
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LimaCharley wrote:
One woman was 101 years old and she was very proud that she voted for President Bush. She said, “I just don’t like that Kerry.” It made my day.

Beautiful, brilliant woman...!
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted yesterday. I thought I was being smart in picking a time and a place where there would be no lines, no wait. WRONG. I had to wait in line for 40 minutes. Astounding! People are and have been since last Monday, voting like they've never voted before. (And I'm in a heavily Republican district).

And, it hit me with mild amusement, that a whole heck of a lot of people had already voted before the NYT rolled out their October Surprise. The opportunity to vote early which is being urged by both parties, is going to nullify conventional thinking about any October surprises.
MissouriVeteransDaughter
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan on taking a couple of folding chairs with me to the polls, as well as some bottles of water. If the line is long it might be a good thing to have them to offer to like-minded voters!

Has moveon.org actually let it be known that they will be trying to clog up the lines in heavily Republican areas? I wouldn't doubt it a bit, and I hope Republicans are ready to be at possible trouble spots and watch the lines for trickery such as this! There will probably be lots of attempts to keep Republican turnout low, but ITS NOT GOING TO WORK!!!!
"Lord...Who may live on your holy hill? He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from his heart and has no slander on his tongue, who does his neighbor no wrong and casts no slur on his fellowman" Ps15:1-3.
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went ahead and early voted this afternoon. Long line and longer line behind me.

Anyway.......as I was walking out the door to go vote the phone rang. It was someone from the liberal party calling to encourage people to get out and vote early. I told her I was going to do so and since she was nice I allowed her to tell me about her candidate. She talked about him for several minutes and added the fact that he also thought like Kerry so it would be good for the "Party" if I also would consider voting for Kerry. (You know a two birds with one stone call.) Very politely I told her that I had been undecided about her candidate and the Libertarian running against him but that she had helped me to come to a decision which was "I will be voting for the Libertarian and for the first time because anyone who sides with Kerry will not be getting my vote." Total silence on the other end of the phone and then a dial tone.
.::geo::.
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

I'll be voting early next Tuesday, as I've volunteered to be a runner for the local Republican campaign headquarters. Basically I'll be the 'coffee b!&#*' Laughing But when I'm not doing the little things, I'll be checking in and taking the place of the HAVA poll watchers when they need breaks, and hanging out at headquarters. The RCH here is located about 4 or 5 blocks from the local college.. and you have to pass it to get to the polls on Tuesday. They've had spit covered windows.. signs destroyed... hecklers.. etc. I'm either going to get a bullhorn or an airhorn, just in case some of those hecklers decide to drop by while I'm there. Very Happy

Nothing's going to stop me from voting, and I'll do my best to make sure anyone trying to vote fraudulently gets taken out. That's the main worry here on our campuses... Voter fraud. Let the little ba***rds bring it.. I'll be ready!!!!

YEEHAW!!!

e,

Georgi
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
OORAH! and HOOAH!! and BZ's!!!

Can anyone give some time next Tuesday to watch polling places - with a camera in their hands? Twisted Evil

I've got a nifty little digital that does movies. Smile

As an Election Officer for my county I thought about this!!!!! Very Happy I figured no point in asking, they wouldn't let us and I would never do it on the sly.
BUT..........I will be giving you all a report as to what went on or didn't go on November 3rd.

I know the police are beefed up out here and my Election Supervisor told me there have never been probs in the past, BUT he is keeping his cell on him to 911 just in case.

Actually I am so excited!!!!!! Very Happy I can hardly wait til Tuesday!!!!!!!! And I promise to tell all!!!!!

President Bush is going to win by a LANDSLIDE!!!!!!!!!

Very Happy
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I live in Texas I'd crawl through broken glass on my belly for a mile to vote for GEORGE W. BUSH! Cool This Saturday I pledge to pray for 8 hours non-stop and ask the Lord our God to open the hearts and minds of any voter who is undecided or any voter that opposses W., open their hearts and minds to the truth so that they may vote and re-elect your faithfully servant, George W. Bush President of the United States.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: