SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Down to the Wire
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This topic has released more memories of Viet Nam than I ever knew existed.

Seven weeks ago, on the passing comment of a stranger on the internet, I drove from Boston down to DC to attend the Swift Boat Veterans rally. Between that experience and this web site (and the Boston Red Sox) I haven't slept much more than 4 hours a night since. I can't express my feelings as well as the rest of you guys, but yes, I'm "amped up."

John Kerry is clearly unfit for command. What he and his ilk did 30+ years ago caused a lot of us to crawl into a shell. What the Swift Boat Vets are doing now has caused many of us to re-emerge. And if there's a God in heaven, all Americans should sleep better come November 3rd.

I barely remember Rolling Thunder in 1966. These guys brought it all back on 9/12/2004. May neither memory fade. Thanks, Sgt-Keeper, and all the rest of you guys out there.

clipper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Posts.....
After coming home from Vietnam over 32 years ago, like most of us I simply got on with my life. I dealt with the TV and movies that portrayed us as crazed killers and stalkers. For over 30 years we have had to endure the slings and arrows from our fellow citizens for our service in Vietnam. This was OK, as most of us managed to keep a low profile, go to college, raise our families, and generally get on with life...as we used to say "there it is". Now the same folks that were spitting on us back then are now "honoring our service". They're a little late, and lacking in sincerity. I wonder what my Great Grandfather (Spanish American War), Grandfather (WW1) and my father (WWll and Korea) would have to say about the liberals sudden switch to "support of the troops". More than liklely, they would have blown it off as I have for over 30 years. Somehow it's different now. The next time I hear one of those bas@rds tell me he appreciates my service, I'll probably puke. My wife thinks I'm obsessing over this lately....she's more right than wrong...but I can't let this treachery go on. Someday my grandchildren will ask about what happened in Vietnam and later in 2004, and, why the country was so divided, and even if I'm not around to answer, I hope that someone will be able to say that in Vietnam and later in 2004, the Veterans of this country stood up for what was right and made a difference. One of the posters mentioned that Kerry had picked at the scab of Vietnam and found it still bleeding.....There it is.
USMCWayne
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I hope that someone will be able to say that in Vietnam and later in 2004, the Veterans of this country stood up for what was right and made a difference"

Amen bro
USMCWayne
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea who this skinny, good-looking, Gyrene is?

gocars
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad looking stud aviator, USMCWayne!

Seeing your picture makes me reflect that we were all young and somewhat impressionable, idealistic and willing to do what was asked of us by our country in a very unpopular war. I think that our collective efforts, as honorable Vietnam Veterans, to expose Kerry for what he was and is, has been a catharsis long overdue. I can honestly say that I am losing that sense of disinfranchisement that I have carried around with me for the last 35 years. 'Nam vets against Kerry has been a positive experience for me and the pinnacle will be to see him defeated today.

Regardless of the outcome, we should continue the pursuit of our mission to inform the public of what a despicable person John F Kerry is.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank my fellow vets for their lifetime of contributions. You have served, and continue to serve, with honor against those who want to oppress our great country.

gocars
101st Airborne
'Nam 67-70
U.S. Army Rangers Lead the Way!
USMCWayne
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much as I hate to admit it, gocars, the picture above is actually 1991932, who was a GIB with VMFA 323, the Death Rattlers.

Al threatened to kill me, once he saw the photo posted, but I'm sure the upcoming blackmail shot will do a much better job. Somewhere, he's got a picture of me, sitting in a Hooters, while the waitress is holding her finger in the large dent in my head. I'm sure my leg was shaking like a dog's at the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: