SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

STAND DOWN FROM DC RALLY
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to try and use my humble contacts and exert pressure on Zell Miller and many other politicians to join us.

- Chief
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArmyMedicsMom wrote:
I can't go but I just emailed Larry from the WWW. KerryLied.com site. He might have a email contact/phone list of those that attended the Vietnam Vets against Kerry rally.

Good one-

NavyChief :post/tell wintersoldier.com and veteransagainstkerry.com etc etc etc etc
.::geo::.
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Why can't DC be closer to Wisconsin?? ARGH!

Quote:
If you knew that a man would knock on your door at precisely 7:00 a.m. and shoot your family, your friends, and you dead -- would you prepare for him and fight him?

Yes. That's actually what I'm doing right now... not with Kerry though. Pray for us here, a neighbor called and said that another neighbor was robbed and beaten up pretty badly. 2 guys.. one has a gun the other has a baseball bat. The police are out with the k-9 units looking for them now. Living in the middle of nowhere isn't all it's cracked up to be after all...

Good luck on Sunday! I'll be watching for all of you on national television!

e,

Georgi
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To All Concerned Here,

Please understand that this is the only chance we have to
get this information out.

Does anyone believe in Prayer? Faith?
THIS IS OUR CHANCE. We must push Congress to clean out the filth
and make amends to every one of our honorable men & women that they've disgraced.

Chief's {and family} have worked so hard and we will
pull this off the best we possibly can. If and when the
other information comes we will be set to go.

However, THIS IS THE CHANCE FOR ALL VETS TO HAVE THEIR SAY.

The Capital is buzzing, all your phone calls
and emails have them running & spinning
and the time to strike is while the iron is hot.

How can moveon moorons get bus loads of people out on a moments notice and not us?

Understand, we fight the good fight and put our faith in His hands.
There's always good that comes from honest effort.

Thank You,
Veronda
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rocklobster11 wrote:
NavyChief,

Hopefully the story you were teasing earlier today is still coming out. Can you give us an update?

As for the Rally, Sunday is supposed to be 70 and sunny in DC, so a little outdoor activity is always a good idea. I don't think a press conference/rally will have any effect with the media at this point, unless you have some proof from the item mentioned above. The Viet Cong influencing anti-war protestors is a good story, but there is no way the media will spend any time on it unless you have video/audio specifically showing coordination between John Kerry and the enemy.

Osama Bin Laden will dominate the press from here on out. A SwiftVet rally might help in Ohio, but it will have no effect in DC.

I do appreciate all the work you've done, as it is good to know the truth. It is also sad but good to have concrete proof of how biased the media is regarding the SwiftVet story.

Any hint of a less-than-honorable will trump everything if a decent size crowd turns out.
You would not believe the reaction I was getting today when I indicated "it was possible Kerry's discharge was other than honorable, according to some stuff I'm seeing on the Internet" this afternoon.

I mean, we're talking "fantastic" or "abject horror" reactions. No middle ground here.

Without that, though, I tend to agree with the "no effect" sentiment, nation-wide.
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

.::geo::. wrote:
Why can't DC be closer to Wisconsin?? ARGH!

Quote:
If you knew that a man would knock on your door at precisely 7:00 a.m. and shoot your family, your friends, and you dead -- would you prepare for him and fight him?

Yes. That's actually what I'm doing right now... not with Kerry though. Pray for us here, a neighbor called and said that another neighbor was robbed and beaten up pretty badly. 2 guys.. one has a gun the other has a baseball bat. The police are out with the k-9 units looking for them now. Living in the middle of nowhere isn't all it's cracked up to be after all...

Good luck on Sunday! I'll be watching for all of you on national television!

e,

Georgi

I'm praying for you and yours now!!!
redwood
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GO MOM! THANKS FOR THE E-MAIL EARLIER. WE NEED TO GET THE BLOGGERS ON THIS. CAN YOU GET THAT LIST FROM THE "HANOI" THREAD AND SEND A LINK TO THOSE GUYS, TOO? FREE REPUBLIC, LGF, POWERLINE, ETC.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not registered to post on the Swift Vets web site and
yours was the only email address of those posted on the
thread about the rally in Washington on Sunday. I don't know
if any of you are aware, but the Marine Corps Marathon is
being run in DC on Sunday...should be some media presence.
Hope the information helps.

I wish you luck and will be watching your progress. I am
terrified of a Kerry presidency.
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwb7605 wrote:
rocklobster11 wrote:
NavyChief,

Hopefully the story you were teasing earlier today is still coming out. Can you give us an update?

As for the Rally, Sunday is supposed to be 70 and sunny in DC, so a little outdoor activity is always a good idea. I don't think a press conference/rally will have any effect with the media at this point, unless you have some proof from the item mentioned above. The Viet Cong influencing anti-war protestors is a good story, but there is no way the media will spend any time on it unless you have video/audio specifically showing coordination between John Kerry and the enemy.

Osama Bin Laden will dominate the press from here on out. A SwiftVet rally might help in Ohio, but it will have no effect in DC.

I do appreciate all the work you've done, as it is good to know the truth. It is also sad but good to have concrete proof of how biased the media is regarding the SwiftVet story.

Any hint of a less-than-honorable will trump everything if a decent size crowd turns out.
You would not believe the reaction I was getting today when I indicated "it was possible Kerry's discharge was other than honorable, according to some stuff I'm seeing on the Internet" this afternoon.

I mean, we're talking "fantastic" or "abject horror" reactions. No middle ground here.

Without that, though, I tend to agree with the "no effect" sentiment, nation-wide.

I updated my original post in red at the bottom.

- Chief
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I B Squidly wrote:

thanks friendly observer! Hey Chief - this is great! I forgot about the marathon. We need to be aware of the finish line area, etc where media would be.
fb274
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOULD the press coverage not be much better if you could coordinate a rally at a place John Kerry is giving one of his final stump speaches. ALL of the MAIN STREAM MEDIA would be there.

Just a thought---------good luck and bless you all. My fingers are crossed.
DoGooder
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to be a party pooper but most folks are tuned out to the election news at this point. I am concerned another rally without a earthshaking message will not do much to get folks to listen.

Unless Kerry got a less than honorable discharge, folks are not going to be listening.

I think a better use of folks time would be to go to the early voting places with out operation street corner materials and talk to people one on one.

When you talk to people, that's when you have the most impact.

Just my opinion.

For those who can't make it to Washington, may I suggest doing an operation street corner like effort in your neighborhood?

EDIT: I am editing to support Navy Cheif's efforts, but emphasizing if you can't be in Washington, to please make a personal effort in your local neighborhood.]

Last edited by DoGooder on Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total
sdonions
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am unable to attend but you all will be in my thoughts and especially in my families prayers.

God Bless Everyone and God Bless America

Steve
manelly
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rdtf wrote:
I B Squidly wrote:

thanks friendly observer! Hey Chief - this is great! I forgot about the marathon. We need to be aware of the finish line area, etc where media would be.

Very Happy wouldn't that be great if they all started running from the marathon to the steps of capitol hill for your press confrence.
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject: Rally Reply with quote

Iam realy disappointed in what I am reading. First-Chief cannot reveal what is going on. We all know that there are trolls and they are not just looking but analyzing what is being said. Second-the Chief has given enormous amounts of his time, effort, money, and sweat. But what I am reading is thanks Chief for what you have done but I cannot make it. Medical appointments are one thing but inconvenience is another. Third, we may not have another chance. Either we go with this one or we may not go at all. If someone wants to set up a West Coast site that is fine but we need people, not wishes. Wishes will not get attention. If we do not show up why should the MSM? Yes, I went to the Kerry Lied rally. Folks-either we inconvenience ourselves for a day or four years. The choice is ours. Sound general quarters, this is no drill!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 2 of 20

Jump to: