SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cronkite: Karl Rove set up Bin Laden to make this tape?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great special on National Geographic, BTW, just getting over, on how the Pentagon stood up to the attack on 911, so well. Terrific comment at the end by the young woman (soldier).
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some of the koolaid ppl at the 'unnamed' forum theorize tihat the tape is a fake --- a computer generated image of bin laden

LMBO
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is close to what I heard too.

But if you ask me, it is the other way around. earlier yesterday, before anyone knew about the tape of obl, Kerry stated, in a stump speech that "obl got away."

How did he know that? Obl could have been fried in the mountains, or had a similar fate. . ..

Seems to me, it is the other way around.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Marquis
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: Cronkite: Karl Rove set up Bin Laden to make this tape? Reply with quote

MJB wrote:
Marquis wrote:
Larry King right now:

Walter Cronkite just said, and I am para-phrasing: "Carl Rove, a very cleaver guy, set up Bin Ladin to make this video!

It is just too funny!

Seriously? Walter Cronkite? Said. this?

Yes, through his saliva dripping lips, I swear I saw and heard these words come from his pathetic mouth! Sorry, I am usually not this sarcastic, but I was really taken back by what was coming through the tube...

Last edited by Marquis on Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What'd Carl do, Dial 1-800-Laden? Sounds like Walter is ready to hide his own Easter Eggs. As most people grow older, they get more conservative (my husband voted for McGovern), but the left just gets LOONEY! Walter and Jimmy Carter can keep each other company for the time being.
mcknz
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Kronkite is trying to get his old job back at SeeBS.
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marquis,

I don't know why the difference. My guess would be that in Arabic, "free people" and "liberal people" both have approximately the same meaning. I'd be willing to bet that "progressive people" would fit right in there too.

Or, put another way, the Arabic could be translated any of those ways.
(You know "progressive" meaning "those who agree with me".)
Marquis
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul R. wrote:
Marquis,

I don't know why the difference. My guess would be that in Arabic, "free people" and "liberal people" both have approximately the same meaning. I'd be willing to bet that "progressive people" would fit right in there too.

Or, put another way, the Arabic could be translated any of those ways.
(You know "progressive" meaning "those who agree with me".)

Alright Paul, but please remember: "we are on the same side!!!" "Liberal". as quoted by SKY and other European news outlets, does not match up with your guesses, and the quote was not reported by ANY U.S. news outlets. Let's see what others have to say...

BTW, if the occassion presents itself, you can kick the sh*t out of UBL, but I get to finish him off!
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know... I hardly think it was Karl Rove's doing, but what with the attacks on Bush for not getting Bin Laden, there has been quite a bit of speculation in some quarters that OBL was dead. And then we have some on the Left speculating that OBL was captured and Bush would drag him out this weekend. Bin Laden might well have seen this as a taunt.

On the other hand, it is clear that he sees that trying to take on the entire world won't work, so, therefore try to split the opposition & get most of it to be passive. The REAL goal is to destroy Israel without interference.
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marquis,

Here's the link to USA Today "free people".

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2004-10-29-bin-laden-tape_x.htm

I AM on your side -- I am just saying that when translating from another language and culture, where basic concepts are sometimes different, that different translators can come up with different wordings.
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwIIvetsdaughter wrote:
In the best Walter Cronckite imitation you've ever heard....

In a state of sheer panic and desperation because this may galvanize undecided Americans to vote for George Bush, Walter Cronckite tonight accused Karl Rove of putting UBL up to make the video that in effect, endorses Kerry. Cronckite thereby proved for all the world that he is either demented or suffering from Alzheimers Disease and that's the way it is, October 29th, 2004, Goodnight." Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

When I first heard this I thought it was a joke. The left must think Karl Rove is the devil incarnet literally capable of anything. As for Walter Cronkite he must have Alzheimers. If liberals are this bad four days before the election, come Nov 2 when Bush is reelected some may have to be placed on suicide watch.
Marquis
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul R. wrote:
Marquis,

Here's the link to USA Today "free people".

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2004-10-29-bin-laden-tape_x.htm

I AM on your side -- I am just saying that when translating from another language and culture, where basic concepts are sometimes different, that different translators can come up with different wordings.

Paauull...we are still comparing U.S. media translations versus Europen media translations!!! Check the Drudge Report for links to various European news outlets; take a look, draw your own conclusions. Then, please stop sending me U.S. media translations; I already know what the MSM is pushing upon me!!!

Bottom line (aside from our differences regarding the U.S. media's translation challenge, or whatever you want to call it...) is that UBL wants to influence the outcome of our elections, and/or simply capitalize on a Kerry victory by claiming that his [UBL's] influence scared Americans into voting for Kerry.
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a crazy world. And that's the way it is. G'night, folks!
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Marquis,

Sorry, I thought you meant all the U.S. translations had said "liberal". I'm on slow dial-up & looking at several threads on this site -- so no way I can "check everything". But you are right about the European sources I did check just now.

You mean the opposite, I guess, ie., that U.S. sources took out "liberal" deliberately. Could be. However, I don't think Osama is referring to liberals here in the West. I think he is referring to himself & his followers. (He of course sees himself as progressive.) But I may be wrong. Anybody know Arabic? Smile

Now I AM going to bed! Take care, all!
Marquis
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul R. wrote:
Hey, Marquis,

Sorry, I thought you meant all the U.S. translations had said "liberal". I'm on slow dial-up & looking at several threads on this site -- so no way I can "check everything". But you are right about the European sources I did check just now.

You mean the opposite, I guess, ie., that U.S. sources took out "liberal" deliberately. Could be. However, I don't think Osama is referring to liberals here in the West. I think he is referring to himself & his followers. (He of course sees himself as progressive.) But I may be wrong. Anybody know Arabic? Smile

Now I AM going to bed! Take care, all!

Me too, I'll check in with you in the a.m. Not too early, PLEASE!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: