SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Proposed DC Rally ***Cancelled***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SallyVee
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Need Press Release! Reply with quote

Guys, Lucianne.com is linking to this page this morning. Concise information is needed so that the word may be spread by those outside this forum.

A couple of paragraphs plus date/time/location will do nicely.

Hurry, please!
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please give more info on meeting point. Do you mean the Archives/Navy Memorial Metro stop on the north side of the Mall? If so, where outside? Most of the stations have several different entry points. Across the street on the Mall? I'm driving from Ohio, so need location soonest. Thanks!
barbgeo
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: See my post on D.C. activities on Sunday Reply with quote

The District will be filled with peoiple on Sunday for the MC Marathon. Parking, metroeing, etc may be real hectic. Plan accordingly and on't be surprised by size of the crowds. this may be an opportunity though to get some media coverage since they will be there covering the MC Marathon
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a family from Virginia that is coming.
LindaSoG
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Protest Warrior Alert Reply with quote

Hey! South Florida Protest Warrior checking in!

I can't make the rally from down here, so I sent a message to each of the 120+ members of the DC Chapter of Protest Warrior urging them to attend.

I included the logistics posted in the first post here, as well as a link to this thread.

Hope it helps!! My heart will be with you!!

Thanks for all you do!

LindaSoG

SoFla Florida Protest Warriors in action: Operation Military Shield
a Democrat, for heavens sake!"
--Michael Moore
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 more plus a car load.
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got time/place posted and have sent emails to family and friends all accross the country. Also sent email to about 200 media outlets.

Still think everyone should wear pajamas!

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fired up and ready to go on this. However, Navy Chief indicated that he needed at least 2,500 (or was it 25,000) people to make it worthwhile. I haven't counted the people that have indicated they will be there, but it seems to be considerably less than the required number. Does anyone have a good count? Are we doing this? I can still get to DC if I leave at 0400 Sunday (thankfully, I'd get an extra hour sleep with the return to standard time tonight). I'd like to know well before that though. Thanks!

Reminder to those driving. Park on the outskirts and take Metro in. With the Marine Marathon and the 'Skins game, the whole town is going to be a zoo! Don't forget sun tan lotion and lots of water. Nothing to eat or drink down on the Mall and around the Capitol. Closest good place is the food court at Union Station. Let's do this!! Very Happy Very Happy
CaptnJack
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Anyone from W OH going down? Reply with quote

I'm considering the drive.. drop me a note by PM...
Jesse
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a slush fund for this event I could drop a few bucks in?

This is one of the rare times I wish I lived on a left coast instead of in ND.
KorVetBob
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Count2 maybe3 Reply with quote

Definte for 2 possiblly 3
kristinn
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all, this is my first post on this site. I hope I do it right. I'm the Co-Leader of the D.C. Chapter of FreeRepublic.com. We have done several hundred demonstrations in D.C. in the past six years, along with about a dozen formal rallies. Most of these have been done with permits.

Large gatherings such as the one being proposed here can be done without a permit, but you won't be able to have staging. Whatever you do will have to be negotiated with LEOs on the scene. Their main concern will be keeping public space accessible and to contain any rowdy behavior.

The Marine Corps Marathon is being run tomorrow. It will tie up the Mall area along Constitution and Independence Avenues. Law enforcement will be stretched covering it along with heightened homeland security ops.

The Capitol is under tight security. I'm not sure how close an unpermitted march could walk to it.

If I were calling this gathering. I would suggest meeting in front of the Navy Memorial on the 700 block of Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, followed by a sidewalk march to Kerry's national campaign headquarters at 901 15th Street, NW. (About a 10 block walk.) People could gather in McPherson Square Park directly across the street from Kerry HQ. A small number, under 25 people, could gather on the sidewalk in front of Kerry HQ but they would have to keep moving.
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is for the American people to hear the evidence , not to confront Kerry supporters. They can not do anything to further this issue.

The Capitol belongs to the people. These vets fought and died for that building. The Senators have to address this and take action. We have a right to go there and speak. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
tonkingulfyachtclub68_69
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone post the time, place, form and event info.

I've got about 25 boards to post it on.

Thanks!

http://stophanoikerry.150m.com/

There is a backup site
if the 1st url is unavailable.

http://tonkin.spymac.net/hanoikerry1.html

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

count me in on motorcycle from nj
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: