SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSNBC showing more Kerry propoganda tonight
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't we ask Fox to run something to "balance" that show?

I don't know- something like "Stolen Honor"?

The good news is that no one watches PMSNBC
marjo
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my first post on this forum.

Last night, 10/31, on MSNBC, "MSNBC Investigates", Brian Williams, one of my PREVIOUS favorites, did an hour-long "documentary" about Kerry as anti-war protester. I missed the first ten minutes at least. They showed lots of actual news-clips of his testimony and the Vietnam Veterans Against the War rally which lasted 2-3 days. They even showed them throwing their medals away (but not Kerry). They made those guys all look like heroes, not mentioning that some of them never set foot in Vietnam and some were not even veterans.

They also used many clips of now disclosed tapes and videos of Nixon and Haldeman, and Colson, "plotting" against Kerry because he was disagreeing about their prosecution of the war. They contrasted that with Nixon et al praising John O'Neill (Swiftee author), who looked about 15 years old but was Kerry's age, for being a hero, clean-cut, and opposing the VVAW. They showed part of two appearances O'Neill made on the Dick Cavett Show, one with Kerry, and O'Neill speaking at the Republican convention for Nixon's nomination. We all knew O'Neill was opposed to the VVAW, along with the majority of other vets and serving military members. MSNBC made it look like he and the president of the VFW were in collusion with the evil Nixon adminstration against these heroes. It looked as if Kerry almost single-handedly caused Nixon to end the war!

As you can imagine, NEVER ONCE, did they mention that Kerry traveled to Paris and met with the Vietnamese communists, nor did they mention or show clips of his press conference urging Nixon to accept the communists' 7 point plan to end the war. They did show that the head of the VVAW had lied about his rank in the Air Force, and mention that the VVAW turned "radical" later but that Kerry had resigned by that time. They did NOT mention that the FBI has files of surveillance on VVAW and Kerry showing he was present at some very radical meetings of the VVAW. In other words, they did not tell the entire story, just slanted what they wanted their audience to see to indicate Kerry was and is a big anti-war HERO.

How disgusting. I would think that as a result of that show, the Swiftees/POWs have a right to equal time for their video. Don't bet on it.

Martha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: