SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swift Vets and POWs For Truth
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B.Green,
I will assume, for the moment, that you are not a troll and are just young and that the only Viet Nam experience that you know is that provided by the borderline commies in Hollywood.
I served 2 years in Viet Nam, 6+ months on swiftboats and the balance in the Coastal Surveillance Centers. Whenever we engaged the enemy, it was standing practice to survey the site afterward and render aid to the wounded. I personally took an AK47 from a the hands of a wounded Viet Cong woman and applied battle dressings to try and stop her bleeding. We called a medevac helicopter and she was airlifted to a hospital. A week or so later (we called the hospital to check) she was transferred to a women's POW camp. In my entire 2 years in Viet Nam, I did not hear of anyone committing actocities. It was just the opposite. The guys I served with went out of their way to conduct themselves honorably. There are misfits and malcontents everywhere in the world and some GIs fit this profile also, but they were no more common than you would find in the states distributed through the normal population. Mr. Kerry is prone to exaggeration and he seems to have the ability to fabricate fantastic stories in order to advance himself politically. He will tell you anything you want to hear. It just isn't the truth.
I did see atrocities committed in Viet Nam though, the most heinous of which was committed by the Communists against my wife's uncle. He had helped some GIs with directions to some small village nearby. Two days later when my wife's family got up to begin their day, they found his head on a pole in the front yard as a warning not to help the Americans. If you haven't figured out by now, I have been married to a Vietnamese girl for the past 33 years. She is an avid Kerry hater with more reason to hate Kerry than even me.
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Are they all lies Reply with quote

B.Green wrote:
Kerry Talking Points Deleted

Vietnam was called the Television War for a reason. There were more reporters with the troops then in any war in history.If there was a top to bottom system of commiting war crimes there would have been many more cases shown on TV. In fact there were many more documented cases of the Viet Cong doing things like cutting off arms of children who were vacinated by the US troops. But find one speech from Kerry against crimes commited by the communists? Kerry says he burned downed villiages and shot everything that moved in free fire zones. Any one who is worried about war crimes in Vietnam or in any war should not support someone who admits they are a war criminal.

Last edited by kmudd on Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
USMCVet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RogerRabbit wrote:
Quote:
All I have to ask Is Was My Lie an isolated Incident

I would suspect this green person is a troll . If he or she was truthful and was asking a honest question he or she would have spelled MY LAI correctly and not used anti Viet Vet term My LIE

Not just My Lie, but B.Green as in be green is another tipper.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry repeatedly refers to "Free Fire Zones" as an indication of a war crime. A "Free Fire Zone" meant that you didn't have to get permission to return fire is fired upon. Everywhere else you hadda radio to HQ and say "The bad guys are shootin' the hell out of us, can we perhaps return fire?". Kerry's interpretation was that anything that moved in a "Free Fire Zone" was a target and ought to be killed.
If he, as a supposed leader in combat, couldn't understand the basic "Rules of Engagement", then how could he ever be considered for the position of Commander in Chief. He is thoroughly and totally "Unfit for Command".
The Balloon Artist
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we arrived back in the states following my father's time at Aviano Airbase in Itlay in December of '66, I was throughly exposed to the TV set. Having spent 3 years in Itlay and no American TV to watch I was mesmerized. Batman, Green Hornet, Bad Texas weather, and the Vietnam war everyday for dinner. Excuse me the press the press was there. Why they ignored the atocities of of the VC and NV I don't know. But they did cover what we did on a daily basis. Right down to reported being killed there first day by hostile fire. The only other exception to thisw is the likelyhood that the press in Vietnam later staffed the CNN offices in Bagdad.

I have been feed a report about a (mythical?) Tiger Force that was supposedly commisioned to rape, pilliage, murder, burn and destroy. The first reports of this came out in a Ohio newspaper late last year. You can google search this and find the same info I got. I pm'd a mod and they had no other info either re this. Even if this was true true regarding the actions taken by this group. What may never be known is the status of their victims. Were they VC? It makes no sense to attack your allies in a war.
Further as there were many discredited documenteries Dan Rather et al about Vietnam. Skinning the victims and stacking the bodies like cordwood. Get real who is going to slaughter and then go through all that trouble? . Tiger Force was not mentioned either. Many of Kerry's original Band of brothers were found to be "REMF"s no offence to those ofd you who were. It's just that Kerry's bunch never saw any action at all much less an atrocity. Perhaps even another myth created by the press that the entire country was enveloped in a fight.

Now, War ain't pretty. People die, stuff happens, and sometimes people behave even worse. An American Soldier may not like to recall some events of his war time experience later in a different context of life, but then and there, they did what had to be done in accordance to laws and governing bodies.

One key in whether this is a discussion of atrocities or antiwar activities is thus. The antiwar crowd (war is wrong period when carried out by the US) doesn't care who or what is doing anywhere in the world as long as the US is not involved in solving or finshing the work. But these are the same morons who believe you negoiate with tryants and terrorist and that any war conducted by the US is an atrocity.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: