SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DOES ANYONE HAVE A FEEL?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deserturtle
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush will win. Rove is still confident and so is Jeb. I saw Ethridge site the dems internals with less enthusiasm and basing it on all turnout. Eskew says high turnout benefits republicans and Matthews said that 93% of Republicans (moderate, conservative, etc) really like Bush. Redskins lost but they are at Fedex Field in Maryland for the first time in this election so that doesn't count. The American League won (Boston Red Sox) in the world series. If the American League wins then the president is a republican. Weekly Reader and Scholastic accurately predicts the next president, the students voted (in school, not online) for Bush and Kerry is totally negative where Bush is positive...Bush is campaigning in "Gore" states making Kerry defend them. It all sounds like a Bush win to me....and I prayed with everyone else who supports Bush and nobody should underestimate the power of prayer. Kerry and MSM have lost this election. Sleep well.
DoGooder
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by DoGooder on Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
gleanerl
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a diner right across from the polling place.
we live right dab in the middle of republican country.
i'm going to give anyone with an "i voted" sticker, a free drink.
the 'ain't it awful' coffee guys will be a hoot to listen to in the morn.
they aren't happy with either bush or kerry for ignoring agriculture.
ought to be interesting.
DoGooder
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am scared. I just watched MTV's Choose or Lose, or Vote or Die campaign.

They say they have signed up 25 million new voters in the 18 to 30 age group. 60% of them say they are certain to vote and about 60% of them favor Kerry.

They are the ones not shown in polls because most of them use cell phones, which are not polled.

They are the ones the Kerry campaign has scared with the threat of a Bush draft.

I don't know if I will sleep tonight.
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'M CONFIDENT!!!

IF THE WEEKLY READER POLL SHOWED
A BUSH WIN...THEN A BUSH WIN IT IS!!

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomorrow I am going to wear my shirt with Kerry's face on it with a big old red circle with a slash in the middle of his face.

I do not even know wear my medals are...it has been sooooo long...But I do know where my DD 214 is!!! (AND IT DOES SAY HONORABLE!) Very Happy

Proud to have served then (USAF 1979-1983) and would do it again!
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They say they have signed up 25 million new voters in the 18 to 30 age group. 60% of them say they are certain to vote and about 60% of them favor Kerry.

You know, thinking back I've heard that spin in every ellection I've voted in and it has never come to fruition. There is always this threat of the 'youth' vote and it always seems founded on the same either as Bill Clintons bountifull stock market.

Hang tight.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had some very nervous, anxious times in the last few weeks, but over the last few days, I've started from "calm" and worked up to "smiling" and now I'm at "barely able to contain myself."

It's going to be a great day, Tuesday. Very Happy
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going with the over on 300 EV's.
ulfie56
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="drjohn"]This from Polipundit:

SURVEYUSA CORRECTION IN PENNSYLVANIA

SurveyUSA’s final poll was not 51%-47% Kerry as I reported earlier. It is only 49%-48% Kerry. President Bush is surging and surging fast in Pennsylvania. That’s why I will be working with the Bush campaign tomorrow!

The final Harris Poll has President Bush up 49%-45%.

Laughing I will be working the polls in Pa. as well as a checker/watcher will be getting in late but will reort when I get home. I have a "feeling" that there are more of us Bushies out here than what they are counting on.
Cheers
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like a Yo-Yo, I keep going back and forth with everything I read. Maybe the point is to quit reading and just Pray. It is in the Lord's hands now. So since tomorrow will be a long night with heart pumping heavily no matter what is going on, maybe bed would be a good idea. I'll have to introduce myself to Hubby again, hope someone hasn't moved into my spot in the bed while I've been staying up half the night with you guys.

Just one reminder, the polls were so wrong in 2002 that if you root around some in the Dark Side, you will see a lot of info as to how they thought the Republicans cheated because the results were so different than the polls. They can't understand that the Polls were the ones wrong!

Pray!
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that people do not think I am reasonable or rational but I continue to predict a EV of over 300 for Bush.

Sam
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got this from Rushbo today, makes me feel a little better:

RUSH: Poll analysis here: Get the New York Times with Bush up three; same thing in the Pew Research Center poll. Bush holds a slight edge over Senator Kerry, about a 1,925 likely voter sample. Bush with a three-point edge 48-45. Ralph Nader draws 1%, 6% are undecided. Let's look at state by state Mason-Dixon polls. These are state-by-state polls, and let me give you a little history: Mason-Dixon was the most correct pollster in 2002, picking the right winner in 22 out of 23 polls. Their average error on each candidate was 1.8%. By comparison in 2002, Zogby picked the wrong winner in 5 out of 17 races. He only got 12 right, with an average error on each candidate about 2-1/2%. So with that, Mason-Dixon getting 22 of 23 states correct in 2002, here we go, Florida -- and these results were out yesterday. Florida, Bush 49-45. Arkansas, Bush 51-43. Colorado, Bush 50-43. Ohio, Bush 48-46. Iowa, Bush 49-44. Michigan, Kerry 47-45. Missouri, Bush 49, Kerry 45. New Hampshire, Kerry 47, Bush 45. Nevada Bush 50, Kerry 44. West Virginia, Bush 51, Kerry 43. Oregon, Kerry 50, Bush 44. Pennsylvania Kerry, 48, Bush 46. Wisconsin, Kerry 48, Bush 46. Minnesota Bush 48-47. New Mexico, Bush 49, Kerry 45. If it happens that way, it's over, my dear friends. We've got Florida for Bush. We got Ohio for Bush. That's it. It's over, if Mason-Dixon is correct about this.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set up my local polling station this eve'. The 'inspector' was wearing a Kerry pin so I slapped on my "Kerry Lied, Good men died" (thanks Kristin) and they all gasped. "You can't wear that!" Neither can you wear that, says I and that Kerry stickered car of your had best be out of sight too!

Don't let these bast**ds get you down. Get out there and vote!
Rurik
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:

... what makes four more years of Bush a necessity is the quality of the people who would celebrate a Kerry win:

"The hordes of the bien-pensant Left in the universities and the media, the sort of liberals who tolerate everything except those who disagree with them. Secularist elites who disdain religiosity except when it comes from Muslim fanatics. Europhile Brits who drip contempt for everything their country has ever done and long for its disappearance into a Greater Europe.Absurd, isolationist conservatives in America and Britain who think the struggles for freedom are always someone else’s fight. Hollywood sybarites and narcissists, self-appointed arbiters of a nation’s morals.

"Soft-headed Europeans who think engagement and dialogue with mass murderers is the way to achieve lasting peace. French intellectuals for whom nothing has gone right in the world since 1789.

"The United Nations, which, if it had its multilateral way, would still be faithfully minding a world in which half the population lived under or in fear of Soviet aggression. Most of Belgium.

"Above all, of course, Middle Eastern militants. If your bitterest enemies are the sort of people who hack the heads off unarmed, innocent civilians, then I would say you are probably doing something right.

"This may sound petty. It is not. This constellation of individuals, parties and institutions has very little in common other than the fact that it has contrived to be wrong on just about every important issue of my adult lifetime."

-- FDL

You the man Exclamation Very Happy I have always believed that I am defined at least as much by the enemies I keep as by my friends! Evil or Very Mad

Essayons!
Fight Build and Destroy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Election Day 2004 - Read Only All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: