SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CNN-Netscape.... need some emails, here, please!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now it is: http://cdn-channels.netscape.com/cppops/features/n/ne_election3/i/moron.jpg Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Let take em down!!!!!!!

Stolen Honor
Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mad as hell when I saw this and fired it off to Drudge with a note. He picked it up. Twisted Evil

Quote:
CNN Names Image Files For President Bush: A**hole.jpg; Moron.jpg...

I think the link is dead now. Twisted Evil

I am sure I was not the only one. Damn were good. lol

Stolen Honor
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Drudge Reply with quote

I first saw that on the Captain's Quarters last night and sent it to Drudge. I see today whatever link Drudge has it must be getting slammed. I've tried to link a few times and can't get there.

Thank God for bloggers and message boards like this.

The MSM must just hate having oversight, where in the past they had the run of the aslyum.
nccjones
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the article:

CNN-Netscape picture
labels Bush an a--hole
News coverage of Republican win includes graphic slam on president

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: November 4, 2004
2:26 p.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

Do CNN and Netscape have issues with President Bush and the first lady, or is it a case of political bias?

A photograph of the couple featured in online election coverage by the AOL Time Warner companies uses a graphic slur in the coding of the picture.

The photo originally was slugged a--hole.jpg as identified when viewers clicked on the "properties" of the picture. Though the original Web address of the photo with the slur has been disabled, readers last night could actually see the photo isolated with the slur by going to the online address.

The name of the photo has now been changed, with georgelaura135.jpg replacing a--hole.jpg. [Note: The two dashes were not present in the original; rather, the slur was spelled out. WND's editorial standards include the use of dashes to veil profanity and obscenity.]

The photo is accompanied by a headline and caption reading:

"How Bush Won the Election"

"President Bush convincingly won the popular vote thanks to strong backing from his party's conservative base, as well as increased support from minority voters, according to exit polls."

Readers can click on the photo, which then takes them to more extensive election coverage provided by CNN.

The photo is a cropped image of a much larger picture taken by Associated Press photographer Pablo Monsivais on Election Day.

The caption on Yahoo's website states: "President Bush with first lady Laura wave before entering The Crawford Fire Department to vote in Crawford, Texas, Tuesday, Nov. 2, 2004. Daughters Barbara and Jenna are in the background."

If readers click on properties for that photo, there is no indication of any obscene language.

As WorldNetDaily checked other photos on the CNN/Netscape coverage, the properties used standard slug names, such as (John) Kerry concedes, or Barack20, referring to Sen.-elect Barack Obama of Illinois.

A spokesman for CNN, Matt Furman, said the network had nothing to do with the slur.

"It was an image produced by an employee of another company," he told WND. "We didn't know anything about it and had nothing to do with it.

"Most importantly, it was never on CNN.com. … It's our picture, but it never appeared on our site."

The image did appear, however, on cnn.netscape.cnn.com, which is labeled as "Netscape network news with CNN."

When asked what company was responsible, Furman would not say, though he suggested WND contact Netscape.

A call to Netscape was not returned by press time.
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roon wrote:
I don't know how to capture the image to post it, but that one has been changed and here's a new one:

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/election2004.jsp

picture is named moron

That one's now gone too...oh, they thought they were so clever, reminds me of those AF guys writing stuff on the bombs - only in reverse and against our historically popular president... Evil or Very Mad

Thanks W, Swifties, POWs & brave soldiers everywhere fighting for America and for freedom
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roon wrote:
I also hoped someone was fired for that.

Well someone got fired alright! Good deal - moron... Twisted Evil

================
FILE CLOSED
CNN has issued a statement regarding yesterday's jpeg jape:

Netscape responsible for Bush photo insult

Disparaging image tags used to identify photos of President and Mrs. Bush currently circulating on the Internet were not created, disseminated or posted by CNN at any time, as is alleged. They were done by a junior-level employee of Netscape and posted on Netscape.com. CNN had no knowledge of this until it surfaced on other Web sites.

Netscape, which corrected the situation when it was discovered, has released a statement apologizing for the "inappropriate and disparaging terms" that were used in the image tags -- and saying that the company has terminated the employee.

It’s just more crushing of dissent, is what it is.

Thanks W, Swifties, POWs & brave soldiers everywhere fighting for America and for freedom
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: Drudge Reply with quote

PC wrote:
The MSM must just hate having oversight, where in the past they had the run of the aslyum.

You got it, PC!!

I haven't gotten back to this topic since early yesterday morning, so I'm very glad to see that it made the rounds.

I doubt very seriously that the employee was fired.

Call me cynical, but after watching the way our corrupt media has behaved during this election, I'd bet my last dollar that that employee has been given a huge bonus and maybe even a promotion.

Emails and phone calls and faxes - TELL me they don't work - look at CNN trying to do damage control - it's very satisfying to watch, isn't it?

Good work, gang!!!! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: