SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When did you KNOW...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If bin Laden had the backing of the OILM he is a lock for at least 48% of the vote. He would be lauded for his decisive action in bringing down the towers and would be lauded as a "freedom fighter", standing up for the disenfranchised everywhere.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last spring all I knew of Kerry was that he was a stuffed shirt from Mass. Then some clueless talking head was bragging about 4 months being 2 Tours!

I don't know that I knew the final outcome but I certainly knew what I had to do.
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I had several times of worry throughout the campaign, they were always met by prayer that brought a sense of peace and a surety that the good man -- George Bush -- would be elected.

However, my first 'inkling' that kerry was sunk came when I was channel surfing and happened to see John O'Neill being interviewed on the 700 Club by Pat Robertson. (I am fairly religious but I never watch Pat Robertson... this was a serendipity and after that I looked for a couple of weeks on tv before anybody else interviewed John O'Neill and then I found this website -- what a blessing!)

But as I listened to John speak on behalf of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth that first time and tell about their experience with John Kerry, I felt a wave of compassion come over me for Kerry (sorry, but that's what I felt) because I KNEW what O'Neill was saying was the truth; I knew it was all over for Kerry and I knew it would go down hard for him because of his narcissistic personality (among other things).

We have not seen the end of him yet and my husband and I are grateful that Navy Chief et. al. are proceeding with everything they've got to remove kerry from public office and from the possibility of his ever holding public office again. The man is a menace. He will have a lot of repenting to do if he ever wakes up to the truth; don't know if it'll happen in this world tho...
peter
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know until after Ohio was called. I was "duped" by a combination of following the early exit polls and I was following a on-line betting site that was betting BIG on Kerry for most of the day (exit polls) that coupled with a few bogus pollsters giving Kerry the nod, I lost my gripe.

This site brought me back to reality.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the first Swift Vet ad hit the air I believed that President Bush would win.
On Monday morning I woke (very early) with the urgent need to pray. The same was true on Tuesday morning. I was in Ohio assisting with the poll observers/challengers. I did not have access to any media. I called my mother late in the day and asked what was on the news. After hearing that Hannity was urging people to get to the polls, (I knew that turnout was extremely, record breaking heavy) I was worried --- and again started to pray. During a few spare minutes I opened my Bible and stumbed across some passages that seem to describe President Bush. I was overwhelmed with a great sense of calm. (Another person in our group tells a similar story regarding Tuesday).

My mother also told me her Southern Baptist neighbor had out a rosary and was praying Hail Marys.

After this I believed that everything would be okay. God would use all things for good.

I knew things would be okay when I saw the preliminary results for Columbus, Ohio --- President Bush was slightly ahead with over half the precincts reported -- I knew that if the Ohio Republican Party was able to stay that close to Kerry then Ohio was won for President Bush.

I went to the Ohio Republican Party watch party and had a gleeful night --
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just knew that Kerry would never be President. It just couldn't happen. That's what I kept thinking as they did all their scams. I was shocked at how dangerous they are. I was shocked at how controlled the American people are by the media and how controlled the media is by the extreme Left.
I never stopped believing that President Bush would win. I did allow some questioning if God's way may be unexpected and that a bigger gain may be through the US having to fight for their own democracy...again. Those moments were in prayer. I wasn't always brave though, as the media could scare the beejeebees out of me. I turned it off and stayed focused. As I wrote before, Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off your goal. And Fear is what you feel.
f FAlse
e Events
a As
r Real

My premonition was 274 or 74% one afternoon. I posted it here.
As for election night 11:30 edt I called it and it is on this site! God Bless. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God must have used the same method on many of us. By early Tuesday morning I was pretty worn down physically from fasting. I woke up shivering even though I had many covers over me. I started praying again and almost immediately I was warm, at peace and I knew. I ignored the news all day and came to this sight in the evening to follow FL and OH. I am really thankful for the expert inputs of ord and angle who were able to explain what was happening.
dcornutt
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understood that this could go either way...and I saw the early polls, and what's her name on Brit, smiling saying the exit polls showed Kerry sweep, etc. . I prayed for guidance. Then, I prayed only to do God's will. That his will be expressed. I didn't pray for Bush to win, only for God's will to be expressed in truth.

I said the Lord's prayer over and over, with emphasis on THY WILL BE DONE, not mine. Then, I sat down to watch the election results as they started coming in and stayed up all night.

When it was over, I bowed my head, closed my eyes and said, "thy will be done". Amen.
Mustang0302
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I "knew" when I started learning the truth...thanks to Mr. O'Neill and his shipmates.
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

USMCWayne wrote:
I knew Bush would win, as soon as the publicity picked up on Unfit for Command, and the book sat on the NY Times bestseller list for such a long time. The word on the true John Kerry was getting out.

I was only surprised so many voters actually voted for such a candidate. A traitor, liar, war criminal, and hardly someone who inspired confidence in anyone in the mainstream

The way some people, Democrat AND Republican vote though, I'd almost expect Osama bin Laden to pick up 40% of the popular vote, if he was some major parties annointed candidate.

That last point is a cogent, if bizarre, insight into the glibness and and casual nature of a certain (large) portion of Americans...Thank God not everyone's been dumbed down - perhaps as we utilize the blogosphere and personalize our research into topics more and more we'll see a resurgence in genuine inquisitiveness - with all of its benefits to so much in our national life and character.

Thanks W, Swifties, POWs & brave soldiers everywhere fighting for America and for freedom
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I B Squidly wrote:
Last spring all I knew of Kerry was that he was a stuffed shirt from Mass. Then some clueless talking head was bragging about 4 months being 2 Tours!

I don't know that I knew the final outcome but I certainly knew what I had to do.

Exactly, isn't it infuriating when "facts" are made up out of the clear blue sky?

Thanks W, Swifties, POWs & brave soldiers everywhere fighting for America and for freedom
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew in September of 03. The anniversary of 911 got me worried about the next year's election. I prayed before going to bed and woke up knowing Bush would get a solid win. I stayed with that all through the doubts and panic that some of the polls brought. Even the early exit polls favoring Kerry did not deter me a whit.

Needless to say I gave thanks to Father Wednesday morning.

Zell Miller
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: