SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Civilian Element
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jazzoi
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: The Civilian Element Reply with quote

hanna wrote:
Thanks goes to the Swifties from Veterans and their families and people still enlisted, but it comes from civilians as well.

Yes, indeed it does. There are those of us who never served, yet nevertheless lived through that period in our history. Us Viet Nam era civilians come in all flavors, and until now, those of us who supported our troops were generally snuffed out by those who said "but you never served". How is one to respond to that?

hanna wrote:

One thing I hope this effort has produced is an understanding among the Vietnam Veterans that people like myself did not hate them when they returned from Vietnam. . . . . .

The generation of soldiers once maligned will now receive the honor and respect they have so long deserved.

Yes, indeed. The very same people who were spitting on our soldiers are now saying, "How can you attack the credibility of a Viet Nam Vet?" Of course, that didn't stop them from attacking the Swifties and POW's, BUT, their angst against soldiers no longer carries any weight with We The People, thank God.

hanna wrote:
The Swifties did something else too that is downright astounding. The campaign they mounted against Kerry was phenominal. The media pundits are now trying to understand how so few people with so few dollars and zero political influence, could possibly have been so effective. It is hilarious to watch them trying to explain it:)))

Icing on the cake, my friend.

Another big, hearty, sincere Thank You to all the Swifties and POW's who gave us VN era civilians a voice in the matter, too. Without you, we may have been forced into eternal silence.

WELCOME HOME!

THANK YOU FOR FIGHTING ON BEHALF OF THOSE OF US WHO DIDN'T!
JEckert
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

d19thdoc wrote:
brityank wrote:

Why can't you folks do serious reporting of major and significant facts, and let the American public know what they are really dealing with and who they are really voting for?

What makes you think your credibility will survive this kind of biased and deliberate blindness and cover-up? Or are you just incompetent?

What an excellent letter! Too bad it will never see print. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when the editor reads it, though.

To all veterans: Thank You!
RiflemanDD730
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Me#1You#10

In a discussion about further research into John Kerry’s record to substantiate facts that would allow the MSM to accept the SBVT claims you conclude that:

“The TRUTH of John Kerry has been laid bare by these courageous veterans and TRUTH is the purview of both the community of journalists and historians who are worthy of the name. TRUTH will not be "imposed" on this body from "without"...it MUST come from "within". The SVPT has laid down the roadmarkers...let the objectivity of UNBIASED journalists and historians tell the tale... I am convinced it WILL be told.”.

The performance of the media does not appear convincing to me that the truth will be told without someone outside the media taking the lead. In fact, the significant lesson from this election for me is that the media is so blatantly biased that seeking the truth is not their objective at all. The dean of all TV journalists, Dan Rather, used obviously forged documents from an “unimpeachable” source that turned out to be very impeachable to justify a story that he still believes to be true in spite of the expose. Kerry lied to Tim Russert, Chris Matthews and Don Imus about releasing his records and was not challenged by any one of these media “heavyweights”.

To the MSM and the general public the SBVT claims have not been proven. No one of the “band of brothers” has recanted. Two popular heroes, John McCain and Bob Kerrey have criticized the SBVT and have not changed their positions after all the facts the SBVT have produced, so why should the MSM or the general public? The Navy Inspector General has stated that Kerry’s medals were approved properly. John Warner, Chairman of the Armed Services Committee, has stated he felt Kerry’s Silver Star was appropriate. To the average citizen there are two competing stories and John Kerry generally gets the benefit of the doubt. In his concession speech John Kerry thanked the BOB for telling the truth. He was praised by all sides for this speech and was challenged by no one in the media for this statement.

The MSM has no incentive to challenge Kerry. John McCain, Bob Kerrey, John Warner and the Navy Inspector General are all on record supporting Kerry. Media “tough guys” Russert, Matthews and Imus turned into pussycats when Kerry lied directly to them.

If the SBVT will not continue the effort to substantiate the facts then someone else will have to do it because the MSM will not in my opinion.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

d19thdoc wrote:
Quote:
Now we mass on the Plain of Troy armored in our pajamas, and together build an electronic horse as a gift to the Masters looking down on us from behind their high walled and dark-souled City.

We are like the loaves and fishes - we seem but a few, yet we feed the multitudes with the truth, and they will never be satisfied eating mere MSM food again.

Now that's great. A perfectly concise yet ethereal analogous synopsis. I really am enjoying considering all the pictures one can conjure up from the way you put these few words together.
Very eloquent.

Dusty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: