SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEVER AGAIN! a new focus?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What about an effort called "Media Truth Check" or some such thing.

Well, IMHO, we can't do it all. Most of the conservative blogger and forum sites I've visited seem pretty charged-up and hell-bent to take on the media and their general bias and lies. What these conservative sites don't touch (very much anyway) are the issues that are important to us - which are by-and-large service related (and which we know the most about, and they don't). So I guess where I'd draw the line is that if media distortions are service related, then it should be our game; everything else I'd leave to the rest of the field in cyberspace.

Just more thoughts of mine on one point of this discussion...
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have grown quite attached to the posters on this website.
You are all like family.
helpmycountry
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: We Have Got To Take Down The New York Times Reply with quote

I am going to keep saying it over and over. The New York Times is the one with the power that we have to get rid of. They also hold the key to uncovering John Kerry. So many things not answered about this man. We all knew he probally has a dishonnorable discharge. Where is his first wife during all of this? JuLia Throne? Can we not get some kind of information from her? What about why it was never discussed about how Teresa's older son told her if she married Kerry she would never see her grandchildren. Do you think the older Heinz son son knows more. It was Never brought out that he will not allow his mother to come near him or his kids after she married Kerry. What about his connection to the oil in Alaska? Why did we not hear about this? So many points and all of it leads to the New York Times covering it up. If you need help a good man to ask for help is Rupert Murdock who owns fox news and owned Boston Globe. Kerry took him down with Kennedy at one time in his life and Murdock knows how evil Kerry is.
WilliamShipley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While it is a target rich environment, it will be much more effective to have a specific focus for this group. As I see it the logical focus is the Truth about John Kerry's service, and the Truth about the "army of Genghis Khan". It is, after all, what has been the focus so far.
Grateful
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This group and forum should be reorganized into "Vets for Truth" or "Vets for America."

This is now a highly effective association of seasoned campaign veterans with excellent researchers, activists, strategists, and monitors who are able to take action and alert others at a moment's notice. Who will be there to stop him as Kerry resumes his Senate seat--and perhaps takes the lead in opposing the President's initiatives as he is being asked to do? His party has a leadership vacuum in Washington. Please believe me, the media will run to Kerry for reaction to everything that is proposed or said by the White House--or when something seems to go wrong overseas. And he WILL give it to them as the big savior--"Oh, if only the voters had listened to me."

This group is the ONLY one who has ever successfully held Kerry accountable--and there's more to come out, too. It has exposed his falsehoods and needs to continue. The battle is not over yet. For one thing, we need to STOP him from doing to our troops overseas (and the nations they are liberating) what he did to our troops in Vietnam!! That includes harming their morale and turning the country against their mission.

Please, Founders, don't disband this effective organization. What do you need to at least keep the Discussion Forums and Research Boards going?

President Reagan used to say, "If you don't, then WHO will?"
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I humbly suggest a confrontational marching slogan . . . it really resonated with Bush ralliers in its original form . . . and I like the sting of it in this up-to-date version:

YOU CAN LOSE, BUT YOU CAN NOT HIDE!
Sailor
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Swift Boat Vets/POWs have honorably served their country again and and have my enormous gratitude as well as the gratitude of many thousands of other veterans and civilians, I'm certain. I hope the effort to continue exposing John Kerry's military record moves forward and promise my full support if it does. John Kerry does not deserve to hold a position in any public office that may influence the national security policies of our country.
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can count me in on whatever the founders decide. I am currently hosting the Swift Boat Archives website and would have no problem building another site if the founders see the need to do so. I will do whatever I can to help.

SBD
greenjeans
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: He lied and we know it. Reply with quote

Target the liars: contact all CBS stations, and any media that refuses to tell the truth.

I contacted the local TV stations and news media in response to this outrage attacks on the SwiftVets.

Now I know my mission to keep the heat on and let them know they are going to be called on the carpet when they say stuff.

1st order of business in Wisconsin is the foolish views of Senator Feingold.
He turned nasty because he knew he was on the wrong side of truth.
How could he stand with M.M. and the Jewish hate.
NAS Corpus Christi, TX.
Richard Christiansen
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
Quote:

Well, IMHO, we can't do it all. Most of the conservative blogger and forum sites I've visited seem pretty charged-up and hell-bent to take on the media and their general bias and lies. What these conservative sites don't touch (very much anyway) are the issues that are important to us - which are by-and-large service related (and which we know the most about, and they don't). So I guess where I'd draw the line is that if media distortions are service related, then it should be our game; everything else I'd leave to the rest of the field in cyberspace.

I think I agree with you. There is plenty of service related stuff to keep busy with, and there is plenty of unfinished business to follow up with concerning Kerry, this last election, and getting the media to face up to the truth concerning this whole mess.
Bernard Cullen
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:54 am    Post subject: Kerry is our poster child for the corrupt MSM Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
Quote:

I think those who want to go after the MSM in general are underestimating the legs that the Kerry story has for forcing a reckoning with the MSM. There has been a "Watergate" level cover-up. Let's keep pushing on the Kerry story. He is so entangled with the MSM, he cannot help but bring them down when he goes down.

Breaking the less than honorable discharge for dealing with the enemy will cause a serious unravelling. Pulitizer hungry journalists will do the rest. Let's keep focused since we are so near to breaking this and related Kerry embarrassments.

Remember even Rove is now crediting the SwiftVets with defeating Kerry. We have the credibility of being "star players" on the winning side, so let's use it.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, part of the issue is that there is no need to re-invent the wheel. So many resources exist out there, already.

Brent Bozell's Media Research Center: http://www.mrc.org is an up-to-the minute watchdog and broadcaster of information about media bias. If you sign up for their newsletter, there is fodder enough in each one to get your fingers typing and dialing in protest.

The Vietnam Veterans For Academic Reform is working on correcting the way that the history of Vietnam has been taught for the last 30+ years in our institutions of higher education - making people aware of their existence and of the excellent material that is already on their site is another cause to rally email campaigns.
http://www.i-served.com/MagruderArticlesIndex.html

http://www.wintersoldier.com ( http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry/ ) is one of the most fabulous resources available regarding the falsity of the whole anti-war movement - it'd take days to get through everything there - all neatly organized and catalogued, too.

During the DNC convention, a three-day symposium was held to examine the myths and the realities of the war in Vietnam. This site is now posting transcripts of the presentations and (I think) some audio and video files:
http://www.viet-myths.net/

If you're truly interested in public airwaves media reform, Bernard Goldberg's "Bias" and "Arrogance" are your textbooks. This is getting inside of the mind of your opponent. Especially with "Arrogance," I guarantee you many "Aha!" moments. Getting inside the mind of your opponent will possibly provide you some new ideas on how to combat the inherent leftism.

One more line of thought - what used to be the "mainstream media" is no longer the primary source of news and information for a growing majority of people.

Most people recognize that there is a leftist bias in the alphabet networks' coverage of the news, even while those networks insist that our claims of a vast left-wing conspiracy are wrong. Of course, they can be neither right nor wrong, because no credible person has ever claimed that the networks are conspiring in an organized way, to slant the news. It's just who they are.

At least until the Halperin memo - the straw man argument that the networks had always railed against suddenly became a real argument.

The alternative media has become mainstream - talk radio growing by leaps and bounds, the internet, blogs, conservative books & magazines have found an ever-growing market in the last few years - perhaps a truly conservative television news source is even in the future.
Robert Cooper
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some items I anticipate within the next 4 years:

Constant attempts to sabotage U.S.'s success in Iraq;

Intensification of anti-war groups and organized protests;

Kerry assuming a role identical to J.W. Fulbright's Committee and allignment with Iraqian War Vets Against the War - rehash of alleged
war crimes - demanding a specific date of withdrawal - threaten to pull
purse string, etc.

Kerry becoming more associated with the U.N.;

Intense attempt to demoralize and discredit conservative media and talk shows;

Flurry of Whitehouse scandals - hoping one will stick toward impeachment.

Basically, a general repeat of late 60's, early 70's - except the added task of destroying conservative media and talk shows.

Remember - Kerry's pattern is: What he can't do legitimately, through political means - he will seek to accomplish in an underground manner.

We must continue to be vigilent and prevent a repeat of the Vietnam era - take names, infiltrate and publically expose.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: