SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John McCain.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JB Stone wrote:
Quote:
I believe McCain did his best to stay away from controversy (SwitVets) this year, so he'll be "clean" in 2008.

Immediately labeling the Swift vets endeavor as "Dishonest and Dishonorable" isn't what I call staying away from a controversy. He may have made peace with Kerry and his actions with the VVAW, but as the election just showed, a majority of veterans did not.

PLEASE read the items I supplied above.

McCain, I believe, was trying to put his OWN ghosts to bed when he conspired with John Effing Kerry to HIDE & DISTORT facts regarding our POW's & MIA's left in Vietnam. The two of them became pretty chummy on that Senate Select Committee.....and Kerry WORKED him.

They went to S.E. Asia together....and McPain was never quite "the same" afterward.

By the way....just by COINCIDENCE mind you,

After the two of them hammered the lid shut on the POW's and MIA's as described above, wouldn't you KNOW it...???

A COUSIN of John FORBES Kerry got the one and ONLY, highly lucrative, multi BILLION dollar contract to rebuild infrastructure in South Vietnam.

Well....GOLLEEEEEE....... Shocked

~~~~~

That's RIGHT, the two of them optioned off any attempt to recover our remaining Servicemen in order to make political hay, and further their OWN careers.

NOW you know why McPain was a target for VP with Kerry.

He's been "stepping over the line" for MANY years.

I think Little John McPain's time in the Hanoi Hilton unhinged SOMETHING.

I can't fault him for THAT, but his actions of late are INEXCUSABLE.

But, you go ahead and clap when you see him.

Wink

~~~~~

I REALIZE he's somewhat of an ICON for folks, but what I'm telling you in PLAIN LANGUAGE is that John McCain has been COMPROMISED on more than one occasion....he can be BOUGHT.

It's just that you and I can't 'AFFORD' his "friendship".

I don't envy ANYONE who has ever been a POW.

I myself have some "issues" with my treatment by certain governments:

http://www.freedominion.ca/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=14556&sid=9a752fb79f1f6ddb28b0b6af7902c1b6

And, it's NOT some kind of angst or personal vendetta....I couldn't suss WHY McCain does such flaky things at times.

I pity him more than anything else, but TRUST HIM....???

GET REAL...!!!!

As I said I think what McCain said about the Vets and POWs was wrong. I did not say I trust him. I do feel sorry for him, I think he his wacko after the Hanoi Hilton experience and for some reason, unbeknownst to us all, I think this is his way of forgetting it happened by calling the POWs and Vets Liars and dishonorable, which was a dispicable thing to do. At the time I expected support from him, but I was wrong. Unless you were a POW or a Vet (and not the kinda vet Kerry says he is) we just do not know what happened to some of their minds or the way they view our government. I do not think McCain is evil, but misguided. He is not someone I would vote for or applaud in light of what he said about the Swifties, but I will not disrespect a true POW or Vet ever.
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lust for power and the lure of politics does strange things to people.

John McCain took the step a long time ago.

It is a terrible thing to see a once honorable man take that road. Crying or Very sad

I actually won the election before I lost it.

"It is a good day to fight! It is a good day to die! Strong hearts, brave hearts to the front! Weak hearts and cowards to the rear!" (Crazy Horse)
JB Stone

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It is a terrible thing to see a once honorable man take that road.

I'm not suggesting anyone should "feel" one way or another about McCain.

I have my position which is clearly stated.

Just beware.

Quote:
“No matter how far you have gone on a wrong road - turn back.” – Turkish Proverb.

Rolling Eyes
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of how you feel about John McCain, this will not become a forum to bash him. Disagreement with his Politics is one thing, but there will be no gratuitous denegration of his person.
He went through hell in Hanoi, as did many of his Fellow POWs. He is not the only POW or Vietnam Veteran to not support the effort undertaken here. Let's try and heal some of those wounds instead of making them bleed more. The other side wants the fightin to continue, it is in their best political interest.
JB Stone

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Regardless of how you feel about John McCain, this will not become a forum to bash him. Disagreement with his Politics is one thing, but there will be no gratuitous denegration of his person.
He went through hell in Hanoi, as did many of his Fellow POWs. He is not the only POW or Vietnam Veteran to not support the effort undertaken here

It's not ABOUT whether or not McPain will support YOUR effort.

He's ONLY interested in himself these days.

I firmly believe Bush kept him by his side when campaigning so he could keep an EYE on him.

His associations with Kerry are deep...and DANGEROUS.

No TELLING when this guy is going to flip out. He's SO nasty to his clubby Senate pals that they call him "Miss Congeniality". Look at just about ANY photo of him...he's ALWAYS red in the face from chewing somebody out.

PTSD is rough on you, but I don't see HOW it "qualifies" you to be a "leader" in the Senate....???

He's considered jumping ship a DOZEN times or more when he can't get HIS way on some issue.....and as for McCain-Feingold, it's just one MORE instance of how he screws things up when he gets his hands on them.

~~~~~

It's not the man's "service" that's in question it's his

CHARACTER

Shocked

Wishing he would wake up is going to just waste time.

I'd say your BEST ally in the Congress is DUKE CUNNINGHAM in the House.

He's a SOLID Vietnam Veteran, and I think he UNDERSTANDS what it's "all about".

No sense in trying to "convert" anyone at THIS late date.

McCain has already thrown down the gauntlet for his old pal, Kerry.

Forget him and move on.

Wink
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In defense of John Mc Cain. When he made the remarks about the Swiftvets the POWs were not involved. That does not lessen the fact that he did make them about Vietnam Vets. He did clarify it the very next day and said that Kerry's activities after he returned home was definately questionable and open for critizism. Possible he did not know what the Swiftvets knew at the time. It is also a fact that before he worked with Kerry in 1992 he would not even talk to John Kerry in the Senate for years.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: 2 big problems with McCain (of many) Reply with quote

One was his involvement with the Keating Five. The other is his support of abridgement of free speech via McCain -Feingold. The guy is a liberal.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rb325th wrote:
He went through hell in Hanoi, as did many of his Fellow POWs. He is not the only POW or Vietnam Veteran to not support the effort undertaken here. Let's try and heal some of those wounds instead of making them bleed more. The other side wants the fightin to continue, it is in their best political interest.

Thank you rb325th. I wish I could have said that so elequently as you. But I did try in mh way to say just that! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: