SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to talk to a Liberal, when you must ....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I can't give you my reply here. The moderators would just delete it. Just get angry and tell them what is on your mind. Quit being a good sport and let them have it. People who say things like that do not deserve a polite discussion of the talking points or witty retorts. Twisted Evil
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this person was obviously trying to inflict hurt and pain, I'm not sure that any reply would do any good. But if I did reply, I think I would look them straight in the eye and say something like this: "When you grow up, we might have something to discuss, but not before that." Then turn and walk off.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LimaCharley wrote:
Sorry, I can't give you my reply here. The moderators would just delete it. Just get angry and tell them what is on your mind. Quit being a good sport and let them have it. People who say things like that do not deserve a polite discussion of the talking points or witty retorts. Twisted Evil

Wich is why it has taken me so long to reply here, there are some things that Civility will not convey! People like that have neither earned a civil response and they most definately not deserve one either. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
badbobusnret
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwb7605,

Read this earlier and thought about it a while.

1- Don't let this a-hole spike your BP. Plus, you don't need any Captains Masts' this late!

2- Your wife is a lady and a civilized red zoner to boot- be prouder (sic) than normal about it!

3- Is this 30-ish wog an employee at the school? Sounds like a clear case of harrassment to me. There are rules- document the incident. Call a paper blanket party on him.

4- Maybe when your son comes home on leave you could arrange a meeting between the two (in a public place of course). Ask him to wear his dress blues. This guy will fold in 2 seconds and be out of there with tail between legs. I promise.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

badbobusnret wrote:
jwb7605,

Read this earlier and thought about it a while.

1- Don't let this a-hole spike your BP. Plus, you don't need any Captains Masts' this late!

2- Your wife is a lady and a civilized red zoner to boot- be prouder (sic) than normal about it!

3- Is this 30-ish wog an employee at the school? Sounds like a clear case of harrassment to me. There are rules- document the incident. Call a paper blanket party on him.

4- Maybe when your son comes home on leave you could arrange a meeting between the two (in a public place of course). Ask him to wear his dress blues. This guy will fold in 2 seconds and be out of there with tail between legs. I promise.

After 32 years of blissful marriage Wink as of this last October 24th, I'm pretty proud of her, for sure.
This guy is also a parapro, I believe, but neither my wife nor myself are the type to file charges or do a "paper blanket party" of any sort without exhausting all other methods, first. My wife did make her feelings known to another (probably the only other) non-Kerry supporting teacher there. Steamed the teacher up pretty good, too.

I like item 4 the best ... that should be in February Twisted Evil
I think I'll keep my son in the dark about this, and just have him visit the school.
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My reply would be, "My son is a United States Marine and as such is trained to make sure that is the other guy who gets to die for his cause".

Happy Birthday Marines!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mooncusser wrote:
Only people who have served or had loved ones in the armed forces would understand the dedication, pride and loyalty of your son.

Only people who have not served in the armed forces could make such a rude, obnoxious and hateful statement.

Or very selfish self-centered people. I am honored that our young men and women are serving our country voluntarily. Where do people get off making such insensitive remarks. It is bullish.

I would say,"You are obviously not concerned since you did not enlist to help fight the war on terror. Cowards like you allow others to go fight the good fight while you talk smack at home. What kind of an American are you? Until you put action behind your words they are meaningless to me."

What a jerk to say what he did to your wife. I am sorry that you have had to deal with such insensitive morons. Sometimes I wish they'd all move to France or anywhere, but get out of here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: