SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guess My Friend Is Not Happy W/Me Over Kerry Losing
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peter
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born Again Christain are "PRO LIFE" not against abortion... the letter doesn't seem genuine.

How can you be a "against abortion" and then vote for Kerry who is so Pro Abortion, he voted against partial birth abortion restriction. The answer is you can't... it really sound bogus.
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Doll, I can relate to your situation with your friend. I have a co-worker friend that feels the same way. He is completely disillusioned right now.

He can't understand why we went into Iraq and for that matter believes if we just left the middle east the terrorists would leave us alone. To believe this is to totally ignore that 20 of the 23 major world conflicts involve Muslims with their neighbors. Like it or not we are involved in a war that is much bigger than just Bin Laden and his band.

This part gets me:

> What would U.S. Citizens do if the President or Ruler of another country had
> captured Bush, taken our spouses out into the streets and beat them and
> publicly humiliated them (while all the time telling them they were being
> introduced to a better way of life) we would probably not be too happy, and
> yet that is what we have done in Iraq. It is shameful the way some of the
> U.S. soldiers have treated the Iraqi prisoners.

US Soldiers that mistreated Iraqi prisoners are being prosecuted. But if Bush ruled America the way Saddam ruled Iraq you would have to multiply Saddam mass graves by 12 which would be 3600! Bush would need to torture and kill 6 to 8 million Americans per year to equal Saddam's annual output. Shocked

It amazes me that some Americans actually think Iraq would be better off if Saddam was still in power. Rolling Eyes
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two types of people in the world. People who love freedom and are willing to die for it. People that fear dying or even more fear their children dying and want someone or something to take care of them and make decisions for them. That someone is either a deity or a government. You cannot change these people in either direction. To a person, every friend or acquaintance of mine that is rabidly against President Bush somewhere in the conversation or email say “it isn’t worth dying for.” Everything else before and after that is just fluff to justify their position. It is the old cold war dilemma. “Better Red Than Dead” or “Better Dead Than Red.” As for me, give me liberty or give me death.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenrXr wrote:
She didn't write you she cut and pasted talking points.

But, I will indulge her to one point and that is what has Bush done for me?

Bush has made me proud to be American again. It is a feeling your friend obviously cannot understand but makes me sleep well at night.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what puts Bush in the same class of presidents as Reagan in my viewpoint.

After Reagan, I started waking up every morning realizing I had no need to apologize to anybody for anything. I've never bothered trying to defend tactical errors of either man, because the overall goals of both men begin with this simple premise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: