SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

President Bush to be Arrested for War Crimes in Canada?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JannDallas
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, we spent 3 weeks in Europe this summer. England, Italy and the Netherlands. Most of the people we met were lovely. I even asked them about what they thought about Bush vs. Kerry, and most said they didn't care what happened over here regarding the election.

On a train from Venice to Rome, we met two families traveling to a chess champsionship that their children were competing in and we got to talking about America and they said their impression was that America wanted to invade the countries and take over them. I said to them, Germany, Japan and continued to list many countries and then I said, even Italy, we were occupying forces there and are Americans in control of those places and she looked at me and said "Good point, I never thought of it that way." I told her those were prime examples of what America was all about and that we had no interest in taking over the world and if we had wanted to do that, we most certainly could have put a big dent in it. Many conversations went back to 9-11 and the fact that we never wanted that to happen again, any where and it seemed most people understood the horror. The Aussies we met along the way were very supportive of us. You have your nut cases along the way, but we have those same type of people here. Many of the people, young ones, wanted to move to the U.S. and live here. Many of their impressions of us is what we portray ourselves as we travel. I was always polite and always smiled and complimented the people on what a lovely place we visited. I absolutely loved Venice and the warmth of the people there was just fantastic. We had strangers that residede in Venice buy us a round of appetizers and another ordered us their speciality lemon drink. In London, they even upgraded us from a regular room to a two story suite at no extra cost. For a thank you, we brought the lady a big bouquet of flowers and she almost cried because she said no one had ever done that before.

So, I wouldn't rule out Europe as a vacation destination. We made sure the places we visited supported us and were coalition members. We also told them why their particular country was picked by our family as a vacation destination and that we appreciated the support they had shown for our country. They knew I was a Bush supporter and they saw that we weren't the type of people that the MSM want to portray Bush supporters.
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told this yahoo that he can expect a company of JACK BOOTED STORM TROOPERS some midnight when he least expected it. Razz

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: