SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Are Your Ideas For Controlling the Borders?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantomSgt wrote:
wwIIvetsdaughter wrote:

~snip
Change the US law that specifies that any person born in the United States is automatically a US citizen. This would have many ramifications: 1) Mexicans (we know Canadians and most everyone else isn't interested in this) would know they could not just drop in to a US border hospital with the baby already crowning and have a US citizen to claim status, medicaid, welfare, etc. in a matter of hours. 2) doctors/hospitals would greatly reduce the drain on their budgets (these people don't pay their bills) and liability insurance (they sure as he** know how to sue if their precious US citizen to be isn't 100% perfect). 3) Illegals already in country would also know popping out a US citizen in the interior of the US would save them from the possiblity of being extradited if discovered.

Now this makes sense. If your parent/s are legally residing in the US you are granted citizenship by birth, if not; forget about it. Smile

This is certainly worth exploring,
one step in a multi-faceted solution.
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anytime an Illegal Alien crosses the border, goes to a hospital and gets any kind of service, childbirth or otherwise, we should bill the Mexican government, and our government demand that they pay the bill PLUS A PENALTY, including an ambulance transfer of the baby and mother back to a mexican hospital.
Once they started paying thousands and thousands per case, they would start enforcing the border laws from their side.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tony54 wrote:
Anytime an Illegal Alien crosses the border, goes to a hospital and gets any kind of service, childbirth or otherwise, we should bill the Mexican government, and our government demand that they pay the bill PLUS A PENALTY, including an ambulance transfer of the baby and mother back to a mexican hospital.
Once they started paying thousands and thousands per case, they would start enforcing the border laws from their side.

This would slow down Mexican Taxi traffic to Emergency rooms in San Diego. This sounds like an easy portion of the problem to fix.

Independent that leans right of center.
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thus far I'd vote for wwIIvetsdaughter/tony54 combined.

I'd be more welcome to Mexicans coming in than Canadians.

It's a big border...... in the Realm of humor.... I've never understood how the heck anyone is supposed to listen to the radical left of American politics when it comes to how screwed up America is. How screwed up This Democracy is....

If it's so screwed up why do people flock to come here from ..... oh I don't know... Ireland, Australia, New Zealand.... allong with Guatamala, Mexico, Eastern Europe and the like. This is a pretty nice place.

A couple of years back I was at the beach chatting up a half dozen East European seasonal workers.... all of them gorgeous.

I was caught off guard while talking politics in general that all of a sudden in a missunderstanding they each explained how they thought it was good and right that any child born in the US was a Citizen... Appairently they had learned all about this back in the Czech Republic and some of them had been planing accordingly.....
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Chuck Z Ombie AC2000"]I thought a national moat would work, say 300 yards wide spanning from the pacific to the gulf of mexico. use the dirt from the dig to make each side high like a cliff and then add a fence in the middle of the moat. this way border patrol can zoom back and forth the current will kill the people trying to swim across and the fence barrier in the middle will prevent boats from paddling across. This wont stop border crossings 100% but it will slow it down a whole lot.[/quote]

Laughing Yes I like that idea, but you'll have to stock that moat with sharks,alligators,pihrana,snakes,killer bee's,west nile skeeters! Wink
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that would be a great idea, but at the cost of making it a national moat why not just make a canal with docks like the Panama, make it 500 or 800 feet wide, and any bridge would have to be approved by Congress so as to keep the bridges to a minimum. Then have the canal patrolled by the Coast Guard and Customs working hand in hand to prevent drugs and illegals from being smuggled across.
That would pay for it self in about 30 years or sooner with fees accessed to shipping freighters and we wouldn't have to depend on Panama's Canal any longer, for shipping or military use.
Also it would create thousands of temporary jobs for at least five to ten years.
The American side would very quickly become industrialized and create thousand of permanent jobs, we may even get some new resort towns in the process.
Imagine boat and yacht access in the middle of a desert!
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we talking all the way from San Diego to El Paso? Make Baja California an Island?
Well I guess the Catapillar folks will get less nasty grams for sending their equipment to Israel.
I am looking for work, and I can drive most anything, from forklifts and K-loaders to small tractors.
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: Border.... Reply with quote

In case yall don't know, the US has ground movement sensors spread out from the Pac coast south of SD clear down to the Gulf of Mexico.

The Border Patrol is at their busiest right now in S/E Cali & S/w Arizona rounding up illegals all night long.

Go there watch them & the CHP along the interstates. They get pretty overwhelmed at times......
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I was reading this I was reminded of the movie Johnny Dangerously and the headline scene where the headline is "Moronie deported to Italy. Says he's not from there."

How about we deport the illegal aliens to Iraq? Wink At least they wouldn't be trying to get across again the next night.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moat security!

GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got another idea. Lets just focus on killing all the terrorist outside our borders and toppling every country which harbors them. After we take out syria and iran lets take out france and the left can call it a war for grapes. Thats right we are going to conquer France for their once great grapes! bah tired. Lets just keep killing our enemies.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Border.... Reply with quote

streetsweeper95B wrote:
In case yall don't know, the US has ground movement sensors spread out from the Pac coast south of SD clear down to the Gulf of Mexico.

The Border Patrol is at their busiest right now in S/E Cali & S/w Arizona rounding up illegals all night long.

Go there watch them & the CHP along the interstates. They get pretty overwhelmed at times......

This is why I like the Bounty Hunter idea I put forward best of all. Put a bounty of $2,000 on every verified illegal alien brought in alive to one of a few dozen-collection stations along the borders with Canada and Mexico. Give the Bounty Hunters the same authority given to them by the courts to round up bail jumpers or wanted criminals. What is the status of someone that illegally crosses the border? They are a criminal!

We train some of the best trackers, concealment artists and survivors in our special forces and when they get home and separate what can they look forward to? Maybe they can cop a guest spot on Fox as an expert commentator or get a book deal?

Let these guys freelance and the country will be cleaned up in no time at all. They will bring them to the collection station by the busload.

dcornutt
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

new border crossing Canine unit

PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcornutt wrote:
new border crossing Canine unit

I was wondering what happened to Dan Haggarty!

Razz

scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Dan the one on the right? Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: