SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Joy of Gloating
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerald L. Parsoneault
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a musician among us that could put words to music or words that can be sung to a tune we already know. For example

Ha hahahaa haha haha haha ha haa

fits niciely to the opening measures of Hail to the Chief, but that's as far as I got.

Nalt
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art guy said:
Quote:
Actually one has to give Michael Moore a bit of credit for graciousness on the Tonight Show recently. It was his first public appearance since the election and he did not rant or whine, but merely observed that Bush got more votes and that there was another election in four years. He showed up with a haircut and in a new business suit. His sense of humor did not escape him. When Leno commented about his new look Moore cracked, "If you can't beat 'em, look like 'em." I never thought I would be writing a kind word about Moore.

Did you notice when he was all cleaned up, shaven and wearing a suit how much of a resemblance there is between him and Swimmer Teddy?

Maybe its his son!

I still hate the SOB with a passion.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, Tony that's hilarious.
You're not far off the mark, though.
I think this guy is so full of himself that he is cleaning himself
up because he pictures himself becoming Chief Political Strategist
for the DNC. He's so clueless, he states that the majority
of Americans support the liberal agenda and thinks Oprah should be
the candidate in 2008.

Moore said the next Democratic presidential candidate needs to have Hollywood star power - like actors-turned-Republican-politicians Arnold Schwarzenegger, Ronald Reagan and Sonny Bono.

"Who wouldn't vote for Tom Hanks?" Moore said. "Who wouldn't vote for Paul Newman?"

Moore, who is currently at work on a documentary about the American health-care system, said Democrats "may need to do what the Republicans do" and put up a candidate who evokes more Hollywood than policy.

"We do need a front man who surrounds himself with advisers," Moore said. "When we run a wonk, we lose."

He said while he likes and respects former Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry, the senator did not give a clear enough message, did not tell a compelling enough story - nor did he exude the charisma of "rock star" former Democratic President Bill Clinton.

"Oprah's been my idea for a long time," Moore chuckled. "She could keep her show and run it every day at 4 p.m. out of the White House - if any Democratic congressmen get out of line, she'll get Dr. Phil to slap 'em back in shape."

Full story at:

http://www.marinij.com/Stories/0,1413,234~24407~2578239,00.html
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arty Guy wrote:
Actually one has to give Michael Moore a bit of credit for graciousness on the Tonight Show recently. It was his first public appearance since the election and he did not rant or whine, but merely observed that Bush got more votes and that there was another election in four years. He showed up with a haircut and in a new business suit. His sense of humor did not escape him. When Leno commented about his new look Moore cracked, "If you can't beat 'em, look like 'em." I never thought I would be writing a kind word about Moore.
Gloat indeed. But with reagrds to Michael Moore: Watch your back!
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moore-on has been watching too many movies, he's daydreaming in TECHNICOLOR.
A popular jackass is still a jackass.
Tom Hanks is a good actor, but would we get Tom Hanks, or Forrest Gump?
Paul Newman is as far left as Moore.
He needs to stick to a subject he's good at, like eating Big Macs by the dozen and stay out of politics.

But then again I think he helped GW win a lot more than he thinks.
God and Country
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With John Danforths resignation, I nominate ANN COULTER for ambassador to the UN. She would deliver such "SHOCH AND AWE" to these ingrates that they may want to leave America immediately.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too at first thought Teddy (hiccup) Kennedy was on Leno, then realized it was a clean-shaven albeit still somewhat sloppy looking Moore. I regard his change in appearance as a small nod to the Victory of the GOP, "the faux common-man baseball cap, beard look didn't convince Red Staters, maybe looking kinda decent will get me heard". Nevertheless, Moore is still full of BS and I got a BIG KICK out of Roger Ebert's comment that Moore blew any chance at an Oscar for "Farenheight 9/11" by submitting it as a "Best Picture" candidate instead of a "Best Documentary" candidate. Ebert went on to add, that with the Election done and the results in, Moore's "documentary" is passe. Razz
kman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God and Country wrote:
With John Danforths resignation, I nominate ANN COULTER for ambassador to the UN. She would deliver such "SHOCH AND AWE" to these ingrates that they may want to leave America immediately.

Ann Baby in the UN? He!! Yes!

Boy, she'd be a hoot. I've been waiting for someone with the sack to do what Jeanne Kirkpatrick's deputy, Charles Lichenstein, did.

Shortly after the Soviets shot down KAL 007, murdering all aboard, legislatures in New York and New Jersey denied Soviet aircraft landing rights. Some at the UN raised the question of whether that body should be moved from the United States. Lichenstein, fed up and in no mood for 'diplomacy', said, 'We will put no impediment in your way. The members of the US mission to the United Nations will be down at the dockside waving you a fond farewell as you sail off into the sunset.'

I can only imagine the wording Ann (Grrrrrrrr) Coulter would have used.

Kurt

PS If Ann Baby won't take the gig, I nominate this guy:

Inappropriate image removed by Admin
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coldwarvet wrote:
I am feeling pretty dam “GAY” in the original form of the word of course. The queer's already redefined one word and now they are working on redefining another “marriage” and Michael Moore has redefined the word documentary.

CWV

Smile
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Normally, the emotion of what the Germans call Schadenfreude, malicious
glee, should be assiduously avoided. Laughing at other people's unhappiness is almost always not a healthy or decent thing to do. But note the "almost" qualifier. There are, very occasionally, exceptions. This is one of them.

I would like to add that with Germans inventing the sciences of Phsycology and Sociology, we get great insights into the mind such as what Schadenfreude describes, yet what is so very important to distinguish is that until America came into existance there was no action of any nation in the world of the Germans great insight into the human condition. And further, I believe the Germans awakening into these sciences is more a product of observing Americans then themselves. Until America came along there were no truly free benevolent people, bar those who lived in the mountains.

One more note. The German founder of sociology was said to of never read a book for fear of being tainted by the misguided word. If only the left could see that truth.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clean shaven Mikey!

coolhand
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Poem:

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles.php?article_id=4078
hatecelebs
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another reason to gloat:
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/12/28/163112.shtml
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: