SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ATTENTION: ALL TROOPS IN IRAQ ( Kerry Trip)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On behalf of your Vietnam era older brothers give him the middle finger salute.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:59 pm    Post subject: kerry Reply with quote

just watched some crazy lib nmae sheila, saying the elections were rigged, and she is going to prove it, and that libs in denial are holding a vigil in front of kerry"s house everyday, maybe we need to start taking action and telling them you lost get over it, when is this going to stop
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lolita C. Baldor wrote:
...focus on the situation...meet with U.S. troops...

Will someone please explain what these mean. Since his focus is unnecessary, why would he go for that purpose. And his focus should be as good as it'll get for him since he's been arguing against military action for 10 months (or did he argue for it?). Secondly, to meet with U.S. troops after what he's done seems a slap in their collective face. Is this activity aimed at insulting our military again? Did someone ask him to visit? Sheesh.
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just make sure somebody keeps close watch on the POS traitor so's he can't slip away to meet with Zarqawi (sp) to negotiate terms of our surrender and pull-out, a la Paris 1971. Evil or Very Mad
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
NYCnative
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe he's going. Looking for something wrong of course, so when he comes back he can get back into the news and pretend he's working for the good of the troops.

I wonder also why he's going to Syria... Who the hell does he think he is? What authority was given by the Administration for his meeting with Assad? After Iraq's elections, Assad and the Batth party in Syria has a lot to answer for. Allawi won't be doing any talking either.. Does Kerry think his presence will make a bit of difference with the insurgents from there? What a loser!!!!

"Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof." -Inscription on the Liberty Bell
Jerald L. Parsoneault
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out NewsMax.com. Kerry is on the ground in Iraq badmouthing President Bush and complaining about the mistakes and misjudgements that have been made.

Nalt
NYCnative
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerald L. Parsoneault wrote:
Check out NewsMax.com. Kerry is on the ground in Iraq badmouthing President Bush and complaining about the mistakes and misjudgements that have been made.

Nalt

Quote:
Thursday, Jan. 6, 2005 11:40 a.m. EST
Kerry Trashes Bush in Baghdad

Visiting with U.S. troops in Baghdad on Thursday, failed presidential candidate John Kerry trashed Commander-in-chief George Bush for making "horrendous judgments" and "unbelievable blunders" that have undermined the war effort.

In a series of demoralizing comments first reported by the San Francisco Chronicle, the defeated Democrat griped, "What is sad about what's happening here now is that so much of it is a process of catching up from the enormous miscalculations and wrong judgments made in the beginning."

Kerry said that because of the Bush administration's mistakes, "the job has been made enormously harder."
Among the errors cited by the disgruntled Democrat: the decision by former U.S. occupation leader Paul Bremer's to disband the Iraqi army and purge the government of former members of Hussein's Baath Party.

Both moves were have fueled the Sunni insurgency, he claimed, lamenting, "Mistakes have been made."

Then, perhaps sensing he'd gone too far, the 2008 White House hopeful cut short the Bush-bashing, saying, "Now, it's a different time and different set of judgments that have to be made. I'm here to make judgments about what moves are available to us."

He is just pathetic! He had to go to Iraq to rant like that? We should be showing the Iraqis American unity and confidence in what we are doing.. That is not the place or the time to be going back over the same thing he's been saying during his campaign..

http://newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/1/6/114120.shtml

Disgusting! Evil or Very Mad

"Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof." -Inscription on the Liberty Bell
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snip from News Max article

Visiting with U.S. troops in Baghdad on Thursday, failed presidential candidate John Kerry trashed Commander-in-chief George Bush for making "horrendous judgments" and "unbelievable blunders" that have undermined the war effort.

Doesn't anyone in the media ever press Kerry for specifics? Mr. Kerry please provide us with an example of horrendous judgement? Mr. Kerry what unbelievable blunders are you talking about? Mr. Kerry you never gave us specifics about the daily war crimes that you claimed were commited by our Vietnam veterans, why should we believe you now? Perhaps you would like to come clean about the wrongful depictions of our Vietnam troops. And then I would sugest you get the hell away from these troops before you steal their honor as well.

The only thing undermining the war effort are the likes of John F. Kerry.

Kerry just can't help himself; his hatred towards the US military is all to transparent.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police

Last edited by coldwarvet on Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This from SF Chronicle headlines Kerry Cheered in Bagdad??
Cheered by who?? Insurgents??

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2005/01/06/MNG2VALREG1.DTL

Kerry cheered in Baghdad, decries Bush team's 'blunders'

Once criticized for war stance, he says force alone won't win

Borzou Daragahi, Chronicle Foreign Service

Thursday, January 6, 2005

Baghdad -- Sen. John Kerry, whose seemingly shifting positions on the U.S. war in Iraq plagued him throughout his presidential campaign, came to this war- torn capital Wednesday to see for himself whether the country was moving toward stability or deeper into chaos.

Kerry, who repeatedly charged during the presidential campaign that President Bush had botched the war effort, was greeted warmly by U.S. soldiers in Baghdad.

"I've been visiting a lot places like Des Moines and Green Bay, and it has been great," the Massachusetts Democrat said during an informal lunch meeting with a small group of reporters and representatives of nongovernmental organizations. "But we are at war, and I think you can't really make all the judgments that you need to make without digging in."

He declined to compare the growing insurgency with the one he faced in South Vietnam as a Navy gunship lieutenant more than three decades ago. But he insisted that superior firepower alone wouldn't quell the uprising disrupting Iraq.

"No insurgency is defeated by conventional military power alone," he said. "Look at the IRA," the Irish Republican Army, which fought a decadeslong guerrilla war against the British in Northern Ireland before a Catholic- Protestant power-sharing government was put in place. "It was defeated by a combination of time and political negotiation."

Kerry, who talked with U.S. intelligence officials and Iraqi officials on Wednesday, was also scheduled to meet with officials of the U.S. Embassy and with members of the interim Iraqi government, including interim Prime Minister Ayad Allawi and a deputy to Abdel Aziz al-Hakim, the Shiite leader at the top of an electoral list favored in Iraq's Jan. 30 elections.

U.S. soldiers approached Kerry inside the restaurant of the Rashid Hotel, asking him to pose for photographs and sign T-shirts. The star-struck restaurant manager insisted on serving Kerry the restaurant's specialty, a plate of grilled chicken and lamb.

Later in the day, Kerry met with about 20 soldiers based in his home state, including reservists from the 356th Engineer Detachment and 126th Aviation Company of the Massachusetts Army National Guard at Camp Victory, where soldiers are bivouacked in luxury villas once inhabited by Saddam Hussein and his loyalists.

"They all joked about how living conditions had changed since Sen. Kerry was in Vietnam," said David Wade, the senator's communications director.

Kerry was scheduled to fly on a C-130 military transport plane today to visit troops in Fallujah and Mosul.

The senator said he was more interested in asking questions of soldiers, U.S. officials, Iraqis and even the journalists themselves instead of rehashing the political battles of the past campaign season.

But in several instances, Kerry attacked what he called the "horrendous judgments" and "unbelievable blunders" of the Bush administration. The mistakes, he said, included former U.S. occupation leader Paul Bremer's decisions to disband the Iraqi army and purge the government of former members of Hussein's Baath Party. Both moves are widely believed to have fueled the largely Sunni insurgency.

"What is sad about what's happening here now is that so much of it is a process of catching up from the enormous miscalculations and wrong judgments made in the beginning," he said. "And the job has been made enormously harder."

He added, however, that it was time to move forward.

"Mistakes have been made," he said. "Now, it's a different time and different set of judgments that have to be made. I'm here to make judgments about what moves are available to us."

Kerry is visiting Iraq as part of a Middle East tour that also includes meetings with leaders in Egypt, Israel and the Palestinian territories. He said success in Iraq was vital as part of the struggle for wider change in the Middle East.

"The stakes are very important, very high, and not just for Iraq," he said. "You have another election in the West Bank, a set of challenges to Saudi Arabia, Egypt and the region that are quite daunting."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
His handlers must have set up a photo op. I can't believe our troops
would cheer this traitor! Maybe its a typo, should have read 'jeered'.
Mother
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone would like to clue me in on how to use the (@#*$& quote box, I'd appreciate it.

I've got a few thoughts, but they're not very pretty.

NYC Native posted comments about the NewsMax article:
Quote:
"He is just pathetic! He had to go to Iraq to rant like that? We should be showing the Iraqis American unity and confidence in what we are doing.. That is not the place or the time to be going back over the same thing he's been saying during his campaign."

My counter: He is just pathetic! He had to go to Michigan to rant like that?
Isn't this a case of been there-done that? He's done it once and he's doing it again. I'm sorry, but is this group just reactive, or is there any pro-activeness anywhere. Why weren't SWVFT lined up on the tarmac to keep the $@% from getting on the plane to go over there??? (If I'm gonna dream, I'm gonna dream big.) He did what he did once, and it got him a Presidential nomination. Anyone who thinks he isn't gonna go for the gusto this time is delusional.

Shawa posted from the SF Chronicle:

Quote:
'"They all joked about how living conditions had changed since Sen. Kerry was in Vietnam," said David Wade, the senator's communications director.'

My thoughts: Unprintable. What say POW's? Did their living conditions change after Kerry was in 'Nam?! Damn straight they did! How dare he.

and

Quote:
""Mistakes have been made," he said. "Now, it's a different time and different set of judgments that have to be made. I'm here to make judgments about what moves are available to us."
Kerry is visiting Iraq as part of a Middle East tour that also includes meetings with leaders in Egypt, Israel and the Palestinian territories. He said success in Iraq was vital as part of the struggle for wider change in the Middle East.'

"The stakes are very important, very high, and not just for Iraq," he said. "You have another election in the West Bank, a set of challenges to Saudi Arabia, Egypt and the region that are quite daunting."

My thoughts: He's there to make judgments about what moves are available to us? Nice of the $3!#head to visit. Only took him nearly two years.

Final thoughts: There is no other organization that can finish him. What are you waiting for? If I've offended anyone, accept my apology. I'm flaming.
fb274
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dusty wrote:
Why is this traitor still in the Senate? How come the possibly biggest traitor in the country's history is still walking the streets a free man.
I just don't understand anything anymore.

Dusty

Maybe the DOD, Dept of Navy are the wrong entities to go after Kerry for his underserved medals. The following was an article in our local newspaper back on Nov. 26, 04.

copy:

Advertisement

By Bob Campbell

Staff Writer

In a case pursued by the Judge Advocate General's Corps at Fort Hood and Permian Basin Vietnam Veterans Association, a 42-year-old Midland man has pleaded guilty to displaying false military insignia at his keynote Memorial Day speech May 31.

James Edward Gardner is a former member of the Oklahoma National Guard but doesn't have combat experience and is not entitled to wear an Army Ranger badge, said Assistant U.S. Attorney John Klassen. Gardner pleaded guilty Monday in U.S. District Court and was fined $500 on the misdemeanor charge and put on probation.

Noting the man said he was a former Ranger in the elite Delta Force who had fought in Panama, Somalia and the Persian Gulf, Klassen said some of those assembled at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial near Midland International Airport noticed the badge was in the wrong place on his uniform.

"The FBI takes it quite seriously when people exaggerate their military records and wear uniforms and insignia they are not entitled to wear," Klassen said. "Folks who do this should be punished. Mr. Gardner was not just a guy who showed up. He was one of the speakers.

"The veterans had invited him based on his representations about military service and false claims that he was a combat veteran with numerous medals and commendations. In reality, he had never been in a combat zone."

Bill McNeill of Midland, a board member of the Permian Basin Vietnam Veterans Association Memorial Committee, didn't notice Gardner's insignia were incorrect because he had been in the Navy and was somewhat unfamiliar with Army dress. He said an Army Reserve lieutenant colonel from Midland who is serving at Fort Hood in the Judge Advocate General's Corps, or legal division, saw the irregularity.

"I was very offended and embarrassed because I introduced him as the speaker," said McNeill. "The Army Ranger Association was also really helpful to us in nailing this guy to the wall. I lost an uncle in World War II and one of my closest friends in Vietnam and it's a slap in their face to present yourself like that.

"It's a slap in the face of every veteran and anybody that's ever been called to service in this country for somebody to step up and say, 'I did this and that and got all these medals.'"

McNeill said Gardner was introduced to the association by a co-worker, who is a brother of one of the board members.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Maybe someone who has the facts and can also include copies of frudulent medal citations can request the FBI to enter the fray. He already has a pretty well established FBI file----so no "unknown" to them.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked this up from ChronWatch this afternoon and just noticed that it had not been posted here yet. Photos may be enlarged at the First Team site (linked).

First Team (1st Cav Div Web Site), Jan 7 wrote:
Senator John Kerry Visits First Team Troops in Baghdad

Senator John Kerry, D-Mass., greets Soldiers hailing from his state at Camp Al Tahreer in Baghdad, Iraq Jan. 5. During the visit, Kerry discussed sports, the presidential election, and the state of the war in Iraq. Pictured from left to right are: Spc. Michelle Lacourse, 126th Aviation Battalion; Pfc. Kevin Cole, 356th Engineer Battalion; Spc. Michael Foly, 356th Engineer Battalion; Sgt. Raymond Hegarty, 356th Engineer Battalion. (U.S. Army photo by Pfc. Charles Maib, 1st Cavalry Division Public Affairs)

Chief Warrant Officer Donald Hartson, 126th Aviation Battalion, discusses the state of the war in Iraq with Senator John Kerry, D-Mass., during the senator’s visit to Camp Al Tahreer in Baghdad Jan. 5. Kerry met with Soldiers from his state, asking them what he should tell Congress about the war in Iraq. The troops told him that the good work that they are doing is not getting reported in the United States. (U.S. Army photo by Pfc. Charles Maib, 1st Cavalry Division Public Affairs)

Senator John Kerry, D-Mass., discusses the state of the troops’ morale at Camp Al Tahreer in Baghdad, Iraq Jan. 5. Pictured from left to right are: Sgt. Raymond Hegarty, 356th Engineer Battalion; Capt. Lawrence Sweeny, 126th Aviation Battalion; Chief Warrant Officer Donald Hartson, 126th Aviation Battalion. (U.S. Army photo by Pfc. Charles Maib, 1st Cavalry Division Public Affairs) Silky Pony in Baghdad

In case anyone is interested, they're having a caption contest at ChronWatch. That might generate some fun for this site too because you guys have the really inside information with which to make captions.
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh......like he givesa real *rats ass* about the troops. More positioning from the spineless jerk......*sheesh*.........give me a break!

Oops..did I say that? Uh yup! Laughing
NYCnative
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need more media exposure! I am talking to the
troops, showing I care. The news must get back
to my countrymen!

Do we have any French journalists here?

NYCnative
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYCnative wrote:

I need more media exposure! I am talking to the
troops, showing I care. The news must get back
to my countrymen!

Do we have any French journalists here?

Or; Let's hurry this, I'm late for
my next interview with Al-jazerra

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: