SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bush's lack of compassion -- really dissapointment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hatecelebs
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tsunami isn't America's fault. The U.S. isn't obligated to give aid -- not one thin dime.
MLB
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Joeshero -

You've got to be rattling our cages, tugging at our chains, pulling our legs - right?

You can't really believe what you said can you?

Don't tell us you've been beguiled and deceived!

Say it ain't so! Shocked
Tobette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He who believes msm and the libs, is as childish and laughable as they are!
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:36 am    Post subject: :evil: Reply with quote

O knew this was coming... and I figured it was going to be a topic here.. but I didn't want to start the thread.. so I waited it out X(

This has something to do with something I've felt (and think I have previously suggested.. if not here, then on another discussion board);

As much as the current government wants to help others in need (in the world)... I think that All forms of aid, from handing out blankets and food to people in Africa (which should be taken care of by France, since they are the ones that are responsible for that affair), to TONS of money passed on to needful nations with some problem or another.

Personally, I would feel really guilty about it... but if the 'other' nations want to gripe, *****, and complain (without even lifting a finger of their own to help whatever situation it is at the time), then let them go without our assistance and see what their reaction would be then... and when they need some REAL peacekeepers to assist with whatever problem they caused the next time around who knows where.... say, "Hey, you don't like us, don't need us, and only use us... so good luck fixing your own mess. Don't call us, we'll call you.. or maybe not."

Sorry.. had to let out some steam again..... and that wasn't even half of what I WANTED to say!

MJ
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people still haven't figured out that a President talking about something is not the same as a President doing something. Clinton was great at this. He'd come out and "feel your pain" and then not do a damn thing. He just did the same thing earlier this week. Ol Billy Bob has got more big money contacts in that sphere of the world than almost anyone and he is not asking them to commit anything. Talk is cheap, deeds tell the tale.
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If members of this forum are so inclined as to donate to the relief effort in South Asia, may I recommend staying AWAY from any UN agency or any agency affiliated with the UN. I don't trust them, look only to the oil for food scandal to see what those clowns are all about. Instead, give consideration to Catholic Relief Services at catholicrelief.org. Thank you.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joeshero, When did you see him not be compassionate? I think they are trying to do what is best for these poor people asap. I'm just not seeing what you are, please explain.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush's lack of sensitivty?
seems what he was doing in Crawford was making plans

http://www.indianexpress.com/full_story.php?content_id=61829
article from the Indian Express
NEW DELHI, DECEMBER 30

~snip
Indian and US armed forces, along with those of Japan and Australia, are about to unveil one of the biggest multilateral relief efforts the world has ever seen.

~snip
Even as these talks proceed, a large contingent of the US Navy, including ships that convert seawater into potable water, floating hospitals, surveillance planes, and aircraft carrier Abraham Lincoln carrying helicopters, is steaming towards the affected areas.

Meanwhile, the Indian Navy is actively providing relief in Sri Lanka and Maldives.

Having already established its presence in the disaster zone, India is in the lead providing the first assessments on the damage and the kind of assistance needed.
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scotty61 wrote:
Some people still haven't figured out that a President talking about something is not the same as a President doing something. Clinton was great at this. He'd come out and "feel your pain" and then not do a damn thing. He just did the same thing earlier this week. Ol Billy Bob has got more big money contacts in that sphere of the world than almost anyone and he is not asking them to commit anything. Talk is cheap, deeds tell the tale.

He'd come out and "feel your pain" and then not do a damn thing.

According to Robert Patterson(Dereliction of Duty) the assigned courier of the nuclear football codes for Billy Bob Clintoon, Bill gave strick orders not to bother him while flying over the devastated south during his card playing .

"I feel your pain" "where's the camera at"
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Bush's lack of compassion -- really dissapointment Reply with quote

Doc Farmer wrote:
joeshero wrote:
Well, here we go, a guy who claims himself to be a compassionate conservative. I was a big supporter of Bush, but now I am really dissapointed of his lack of sensitivity over the deadly tsunami and earthquake in the South and Southeast Asia. No, no, they love talking about freedom and liberty and prosperity, and democracy and all this BS. I hate politicians, and Bush is one of them.

From Neal Boortz...

BUSH ACCUSED OF INSENSITIVITY

As predicted, the media is well on its way to blaming the Asian tsunami disaster on the President of the United States, George W. Bush. Didn't take long, did it? Why is he being accused of insensitivity? Apparently, because:

--He was on vacation when the tsunamis hit. An American president is never on vacation. The White House travels with him.

--He didn't rush back to Washington and hold a press conference at the White House

Explaining Bush's absence from public view, a White House official said "The president wanted to be fully briefed on our efforts. He didn't want to make a symbolic statement about 'We feel your pain.' " In other words, he rightly concluded that there was no point to seizing the tragedy for political gain and making public statements that won't do anything to help the people affected by the Tsunami.

This type of thing has come up before. During the Iraq war, people have criticized Bush for not attending the funerals of soldiers killed in action. The president stayed away because he didn't want to make people in attendance go through metal detectors and be disturbed in their time of grief.

Bush is a man of action, not words. Even after 4 years, the media still hasn't gotten used to it.

Here's a bit more to ponder over.

When the tsunami struck, Kofi Annan was skiing in Colorado. It took him a couple of days to take a break from his shushing and hot toddies to come out and comment on the disaster. And even then, he just dissed Dubya.

Oh, and that $35 million is now $350 million. Seems that Dubya wanted to look at the overall damage assessments and plan for a staged recovery effort.

Yeah, the US is really evil, isn't it?

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
cjg
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The president is smartly setting up a group of countries that will
oversee the money, supplies and people that are helping in with the
hard to grasp devastation.
America is the most giving country in the world, I know I have noticed
that everytime there is a disaster anywhere, be it friend or enemy, the
U.S. is first to be there to help.
Americans should feel nothing but great pride in their humanity and
giving and their president who thinks things through. His changing of
not giving aid is one smart move. The U.N. is so corrupt who knows
what would happen to the money. How many disasters have they
handled? How much of the help got there? We cannot trust them to
behave like decent people who are to help.
God Bless America
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: What's red and rectangular? Reply with quote

Small point, Doc, but I believe Kofi was schussing in Wyoming.

That's the other square state.
3rd gen Navy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1991932 is correct...Drudge had a link yesterday,

http://www.un.org/apps/sg/offthecuff.asp?nid=660

direct from the UN in which Kofi Annan was justifying the fact that he continued to vacation during the Tsunami...and of course,... SUPRISE!

Not only did the media NOT report on this, but Kofi himself did not defend President Bush, apologize for his subordinate's remarks, or acknowlege any US contributions...in fact his only mention of the US was a feeble attempt to usurp Pres. Bush's initiative...hate to say it, but I'm sure Kofi is relieved to have the media focus on something besides the UN Oil for Food Scandal, the UN Rape Scandal, The UN Secretary General's Son's Scandal...etc, etc...
BS Biology, Business Administration, Nursing
The Deal with Life: Make decisions based on what you might gain, not on what you may lose.
!!!!!! LET THE WILD RUMPUS BEGIN !!!!!!
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On FNC, Charles Krauthammer noted that the US has 6% of the global population and gives 60% of the global food aid. Pretty stingy of us. Frankly I think we should demand that Germany and France increase their aid levels to coincide with ours or shut the hell up about wanting to world leaders.

BTW Interseting to note that Kofi din't take the opportunity to go home for the holidays, instead staying here in the bad ol US of A.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Bush's lack of compassion -- really dissapointment Reply with quote

joeshero wrote:
Well, here we go, a guy who claims himself to be a compassionate conservative. I was a big supporter of Bush, but now I am really dissapointed of his lack of sensitivity over the deadly tsunami and earthquake in the South and Southeast Asia. No, no, they love talking about freedom and liberty and prosperity, and democracy and all this BS. I hate politicians, and Bush is one of them.

joeshero,

A typical day in Sudan for a Christian woman who encounters a Muslim consists of having her ears, nose and of course her lips cut off so she has to drink through a straw for the rest of her life. What does the UN care about these women? Not a damn thing, because they are black and Christian and thus worth nothing. This whole tsunami incident has just highlighted the evil nature of the rest of the world and the truly great and god fearing being of the United States of America. We are the only just nation the world has ever known and it is time we realize and reflect on that. If not for this country of ours the world would be in the dark ages.

Personally, I don’t think we should pay a damn cent for the victims of this disaster; rather the world should be paying us money. We provide the world safety on an unprecedented scale. We have 12 carrier battle groups which traverse the world 24 hours a day every day of the year protecting the weaker countries from aggression and the waterways for commerce. Through this country of ours great benevolence most of the world can sleep at night.

I am sick and tired of weak minded pseudo intellectuals who feel pain over the death of 150k because of some water but turn a blind eye to 2 million dead black Christian Sudanese and Rwandans in the last 10 years.

2 million black Christians murdered by those good god fearing Muslims and counting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: