SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Now that the election is over...(Form 180)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RogerRabbit wrote:
...Wrong - he did...

I too thought Bush signed an executive order. If he signed an executive order but did not sign SF 180, I don't understand why. If Bush would sign a SF 180, even if it's an empty gesture, it would put additional pressure on Silky Pony to sign one too. It may be more complicated but if so, the facts need to come out.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to help clarify....

Quote:
Bush Orders Release of Military Records
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,111396,00.html
February 13, 2004
President Bush released hundreds of pages of his military records Friday in an effort to counter growing talk that he might have shirked his duty while serving in the Texas Air National Guard more than thirty years ago.
The documents, many of which were duplicates, provided details about Bush’s service in the Guard from 1968 until 1973. The president’s medical records, dozens of pages in all, were also opened to reporters in the Roosevelt Room , but were not allowed to be taken out of the room.

Quote:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/functions/print.php?StoryID=20040818-121345-3874r
Published August 18, 2004
At the White House, press secretary Scott McClellan said he couldn't say specifically whether Mr. Bush signed Standard Form 180, but the president did request and release his own military records in February.
"I don't believe he signed any form, but he did authorize making his military records available publicly," Mr. McClellan said. "We have released all the records, and reporters were allowed to look at his medical records as well."

Quote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A6693-2004Sep8.html
September 8, 2004
In releasing Bush's flight records, White House spokesmen yesterday expressed frustration over what they depicted as the Pentagon's failure to produce a full and complete record of the president's military service
~snip
The Bush administration has issued government-wide instructions centralizing the release of information relating to the president's service with the Texas Air National Guard between 1968 and 1973.

Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kate. That's good enough for me but probably not good enough for the BMs (bluestate moonbats). I'm satisfied all the President's records have been released, and if so, a simple empty gesture would seem very easy, unless his medical records contain something too personal and not germane. If the latter, stating it publicly would release a torrent of BM accusations, parsing, picking, snicking and whining. It may be a very tough situation for the President.
Jonmart
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Didn't a federal judge Reply with quote

Didn't a federal judge also put out a court order mandating the release of Bush's records? Sounds like a good thing for a conservative judge to do for Kerry's records.
The Night Owl
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Wrong - he did

All Exective Orders are matters of public record, so if Bush did indeed sign an Executive Order releasing his military records, that order would have been made public. No Executive Order pertaining to Bush's military records exists because Bush did not sign an Executive Order releasing his military records.

All Executive Orders signed by President Bush can be found and viewed at the Whitehouse website...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/orders/

Why would anyone unequivocally state that Bush signed an Executive Order releasing his military documents when no official source has made that claim?

Quote:
I think this person is just looking for a argument. Time to close this one.

I'm not here to argue. I just think that Kerry might feel more inclined to sign SF-180 if Bush agrees to sign SF-180.
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey you know what you're right. Further I was wrong I've been looking for
evidence that Bush signed the form 180 and could not find it. However looking at Kate’s usual top end research I think Bushes actions and words were more then enough.... and certainly equivalent to a 'executive order'

Quote:
All Executive Orders are matters of public record

Well this is just not a realistic understanding of the office of President of the U.S. .

Not to go off track but is there a executive order, signed by Kennedy to have Castro assassinated.... the bay of pigs. Is there a executive order signed by Bush one, suggesting Ollie North take a Cake and bible to Iran and open up some diplomatic doors.... ???

I don't know but I do know there are a whole lot of things ordered by the CIC which never make it to paper. The Archives are still trying to get a hold of Clintons email records for eight years.

Funny stuff, I am guessing but it seems to me you are not looking for a argument but are much more likely testing the water for future political advice for a future John Kerry running for something.

The answer is this, the Swifties are naught to do with who is president, republican or democrat. I, myself only care that John Kerry never supplement the damage done to a entire generation of soldiers by way of his cavalier life and political analysis.
The Night Owl
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Not to go off track but is there a executive order, signed by Kennedy to have Castro assassinated.... the bay of pigs. Is there a executive order signed by Bush one, suggesting Ollie North take a Cake and bible to Iran and open up some diplomatic doors.... ???

Fair enough, but I can't imagine any reason why an Executive Order releasing Bush's military records would have to be made classified information. If the public is not allowed to scrutinize the order to release Bush's military records, then how can the public be sure that such an order ensures a full release of military records or that such an order even exists?

If we can't trust a Senator's supposed "order" to release military records, then how can we trust a president's supposed "order" to release military records? I say we trust, but verify. To that end, the only form that ensures the full release of military records is SF-180. Both Bush and Kerry should have signed it. No excuses.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Didn't a federal judge Reply with quote

Jonmart wrote:
Didn't a federal judge also put out a court order mandating the release of Bush's records? Sounds like a good thing for a conservative judge to do for Kerry's records.

yes indeed - seems there was some issue about records missing in Texas ANG archives
Quote:
http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000579869
AP Continues Push for Bush Military Records
Published: July 16, 2004
WASHINGTON (AP) The Associated Press asked a federal judge Friday to order the Pentagon to quickly turn over a full copy of President Bush's military service record.

The White House has released partial documentation of Bush's military service in the Texas Air National Guard but has not complied with the news service's Freedom of Information Act request for any record archived at a state library records center in Texas, the AP said in a court filing.

Records released so far do not put to rest questions over whether Bush fulfilled his National Guard service for a period during the Vietnam War, the AP argued in papers filed in federal court in New York.
Those records came from federal records clearinghouses. Texas law requires separate record keeping for state National Guard service, and those records should exist on microfilm in Austin, the AP said.

However an FOIA request for Kerry's records was denied
Quote:
http://www.judicialwatch.org/3829.shtml
NAVY TELLS JUDICIAL WATCH IT WILL NOT RELEASE ADDITIONAL KERRY DOCUMENTS

Navy Personnel Command Confirms Additional Unreleased Kerry Service Records Exist

“No comment” from Navy on FOIA Legal Review of Kerry Records

No Record of Kerry’s Discharge Certificate Maintained by Navy

(Washington, DC) Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, said today that the U.S. Navy Personnel Command, in response to a Freedom of Information Act (“FOIA”) request, has refused to release additional documents on the naval service of Senator John Kerry. The Navy’s response the Judicial Watch’s FOIA request contained a biographical data sheet on Kerry, two citations and one certificate for the Silver Star medal, two citations and one certificate for the Bronze Star medal, and three sets of orders and certificates for the Purple Heart. In an irregular response to a government records request, the Navy’s letter referred Judicial Watch to the Kerry campaign Internet site for “Numerous responsive U.S. Navy service record documents, as well as service record documents not subject to disclosure requirements under the FOIA . . .”

Questions concerning when the Navy conducted a FOIA review and legal review of Kerry’s records were answered “No comment” by Navy Personnel Command FOIA Officer Dave German, during a telephone interview today with Judicial Watch Director of Investigations and Research Chris Farrell. Navy Public Affairs Officer Mike McClellan monitored the telephone interview. In a subsequent e-mail to Mr. Farrell, Mr. German wrote, “We have withheld thirty-one (31) pages of documents from the responsive military personnel service record as we were not provided a release authorization.”

Judicial Watch also sought Senator Kerry’s Discharge Certificate (DD Form 256N) from the U.S. Navy under the provisions of the FOIA. Mr. German stated that the U.S. Navy issues the DD Form 256N to the discharged service member, but does not maintain an official copy of the certificate in the service member’s record. A copy of Senator Kerry’s DD Form 256N discharge certificate was not available on his campaign Internet site as of this writing.

“It will be difficult to obtain these hidden documents if John Kerry continues to refuse to authorize their release. In the hundreds of open records FOIA requests Judicial Watch has made to the government, I can point to no instance where we were referred to a political campaign Internet site in the response,” stated Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton.

The Navy’s FOIA response here: http://www.judicialwatch.org/archive/2004/navykerryresponse.pdf

My take on these FOIA requests -

The FOIA suit for Bushs records was successful because Bush had given an authorization for his records

However the FOIA request for the missing Kerry records was denied because Kerry had not given authorization.

Welcome to the forum The Night Owl .
Doubt anyone believes Kerry will ever sign the 180, there's something in there he obviously doesnt want seen; likely surrounding circumstances of his discharge?

Harvuskong
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: A Suggestion Reply with quote

I suggest that after complete and total exhaustive reasearch on this subject about records release, a special post or sticky be created with all the straight info on this subject and stuck til time ends near the top of this Forum's front page.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Night Owl wrote:
Quote:

Fair enough, but I can't imagine any reason why an Executive Order releasing Bush's military records would have to be made classified information. If the public is not allowed to scrutinize the order to release Bush's military records, then how can the public be sure that such an order ensures a full release of military records or that such an order even exists?

If we can't trust a Senator's supposed "order" to release military records, then how can we trust a president's supposed "order" to release military records? I say we trust, but verify. To that end, the only form that ensures the full release of military records is SF-180. Both Bush and Kerry should have signed it. No excuses.

Night Owl

Most of us on this forum are not about being advocates of President Bush. However we are all about getting the entire Kerry record out. The MSM either through bias or mistaken assumption wrongfully depicted us as being part of the Bush machine. We are mostly a bunch of old Vietnam era Veterans or sympathizers of Vietnam era Veterans who believe John Kerry is unfit for leadership within these United States.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
RiflemanDD730
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Now that the election is over...(Form 180) Reply with quote

Research needs to continue on Kerry’s record to establish the truth. Contrary to common belief among SBVT supporters Bush’s election was not a vindication of the SBVT position. To a large portion of the nation, if not a majority, the Swifties are liars that got lucky. To them, the SBVT lies helped get Bush elected.

Consider that Bush himself said that Kerry served honorably. To the MSM and the general public the SBVT claims have not been proven. No one of the “band of brothers” has recanted. Two popular heroes, John McCain and Bob Kerrey have criticized the SBVT and have not changed their positions after all the facts the SBVT have produced, so why should the MSM or the general public? The Navy Inspector General has stated that Kerry’s medals were approved properly. John Warner, Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, has stated he felt Kerry’s Silver Star was appropriate. To the average citizen there are two competing stories and John Kerry generally gets the benefit of the doubt. In his concession speech John Kerry thanked the BOB for telling the truth. He was praised by all sides for this speech and was challenged by no one in the media for this statement.

George Bush, John McCain, Bob Kerrey, John Warner and the Navy Inspector General are all on record supporting Kerry. No one has changed his story. The MSM has not said that the SBVT were vindicated.

Note the comments on this thread. Many of them are about Bush and his release of records instead of Kerry and his records.

Wake up Swifties and SBVT supporters. You’ve been branded as liars that got lucky and that label is sticking. Kerry is considered a viable future candidate for president in 2008. If the SBVT position was validated this could not happen.

We need to continue research to establish the truth and get it accepted in the MSM and general public.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: Now that the election is over...(Form 180) Reply with quote

RiflemanDD730 wrote:
Kerry is considered a viable future candidate for president in 2008. If the SBVT position was validated this could not happen.

Arguable at best, but I don't buy it. In fact, I'm not sure he's a shoo-in for his Senate seat either. I think you understate the lethality of the damage that SPVT has done to Kerry's political resume. Coincidentally, I just received a Newsmax e-mail that seems to concur...

Quote:
Jan. 17, 2005 - Insider Report from NewsMax.com

Al Gore Eyes 2008 Bid

NewsMax hears from Washington, D.C. sources that former Democratic Vice President Al Gore is considering a run for the presidency in 2008.

Washington Democrats are buzzing about the news - not so much that Gore will be feted by Democrats, but the civil war it will likely unleash in the party.

For starters, Kerry still says he is keeping open a 2008 bid. But his disastrous showing in 2004 makes it certain he won't win. But Teresa's checkbook means he can wreak havoc in the primaries.

The fratricide among Democrats will come from another likely contender. Hillary Rodham Clinton is giving every indication she will run. Gore and Hillary have long disliked each other.

The pair got off to a stormy start when Bill Clinton was elected president and first lady Hillary demanded that she occupy the office traditionally given to the vice president. Bill vetoed the idea - which apparently led to a shouting match between the first couple during their first inaugural in 1993.

Gore has told friends that he partly blames Hillary for his loss in 2000. Critical Democratic manpower and financial resources were siphoned from his campaign to make sure Hillary won her Senate race in New York.

Now Gore may try to exact revenge.

The key may be money. The Clintons are the dominant money players in the party.

The scuttlebutt in the 2004 race is that Al Gore wanted to run again, but when he made the perfunctory calls to fund-raise from Democratic mega donors, they said they would not commit to him. Hillary was said to have told donors she might make a bid - thereby throwing a roadblock in the way of Al's fund-raising.

But this time, Gore friends in Washington believe that he has a better chance.

They are already reminding Democrats of Nixon's successful comeback. Like Gore in 2000, Nixon lost as the vice president to John F. Kennedy in a nail-bitingly close election. Nixon decided to skip the following election and made a stunning comeback in 1968 to take the White House.

Gore's argument is that he can do the same because he is a Southern Democrat. Gore supporters believe a Hillary run will position the party, once again, with a Northeastern liberal. This formula - repeating the candidacies of Dukakis and Kerry - is destined for failure.

But Gore cites Clinton and Jimmy Carter, both Southern Democrats, who won the nomination and the presidency.

Though Gore served as a moderate-to-conservative Democrat in the House and Senate representing Tennessee, he veered sharply to the left during the Clinton years.

Democratic operatives say you'll see Gore reaffirm his Southern "Red" state credentials as he tacks again to the right.

Gore also has one key supporter behind him. The New York Post's Page Six says Tipper Gore has been telling friends that Al is seriously considering a 2008 race.

RiflemanDD730 wrote:
We need to continue research to establish the truth and get it accepted in the MSM and general public.

I concur...and certainly through his campaign for Senate re-election. I anxiously await to see how Massachusetts voters respond to a Kerry re-election bid.
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Now that election is over Reply with quote

Kerry will never sign SF 180. He knows what has not been released will end any election chances. I think he will try and run again in 08. He will run for re-election in Mass and more than likly get re-elected unless there is a real strong Repub running against him. Mass is a hard core liberal Dem State even though we have elected three Repub Govs.
During last State Elections 99% of Repubs who ran against Dems lost.
I sure hope I am wrong and he does lose re-election bid.

RHV
RiflemanDD730
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:02 am    Post subject: Now that the election is over...(Form 180) Reply with quote

Me#1You#10

Your point that Kerry’s potential for political success was severely damaged by the SBVT is well taken. However, my point is that the job should be over just because Kerry was not elected. I know that was the original objective of the SBVT, but because they have been successfully labeled as liars I think they should consider that the job is not over until they prove their position. Bush’s election did not validate the SBVT’s position. They are liars to many if not most in the general public and certainly most in the MSM.

After all why shouldn’t the general public believe Kerry and his BOB. They’re backed up by George Bush (President), John McCain (War hero – POW - Senator), Bob Kerrey (War hero – MOH winner - Senator), John Warner (War veteran –Secretary, Navy – Senator), and the US Navy itself (Inspector General’s report validating Kerry’s medals).

I believe the general public feels that the SBVT made many claims but did not prove all of them. To them they sound like just another politically motivated group when a distinguished group of people like Bush, McCain, Kerrey, Warner and the US Navy back up John Kerry.

If the SBVT were really for truth they would stick with the task until they prove their point. Kerry’s loss did not do it. He ran a lousy campaign and still almost won. The SBVT had an effect but so did the campaign about Bush’s TANG service.

Frankly, I’m surprised that the SBVT seem so casual about being successfully branded as liars.

I’m going to continue filing FOIA requests and writing letters to my representatives and others to get at the truth. I think the SBVT should have an organized effort to do the same.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend emails a photo of himself with W from west Mass. and thanks the Swifty's for the national election. As for the state Senatorial campaign he admits no chance. Boston so outweighs the balance of the state, and they're such rug chewers: voting for Jack and getting Teddy, carriing McGovern and Dukakis that there's little hope.

Nothing so far revealed in the national media serves to undo sKerry's lockhold. He's a martyr to the 'right wing' media and 3 toothed Red Staters. They still haven't registered that Kerry is a slovak Jew and not an Irish Catholic. Go figure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: