SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ABC DID IT!!! FUNERAL.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow wrote:
(Repeating from my other thread)

This was posted in "National Review Online" this morning:

http://www.nationalreview.com/thecorner/corner.asp

For those of you wondering if it really was ABC that asked on the Internet to find a military funeral to match the Inauguration, wonder no more. Last night on World News Tonight, you could see video of a flag-draped casket in a church, a picture of the killed Marine, a flag being folded over the casket, scenes of grieving funeral attendees, and the Peter Jennings voiceover: "In Rockport, Texas today, just about the time the President was speaking, there was a funeral for a young Marine reservist: 21-year-old Matthew Holloway was killed in Iraq last week by a roadside bomb."

Jennings did have the decency to note how this soldier had felt about his calling: "His brother told a local paper that as much as Matthew wanted to be home, he was very proud of what he was doing in Iraq. And it is something you hear from so many people in the services, including the ten thousand who have already been wounded."

It must have been all the more satisfying to ABC that the funeral was in Texas.

Schadow

Thanks for finding that.

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the top of his show today, Rush played the audio of Jennings' report

and slammed ABC shopping for a funeral, not last week, not next week,

but on INAUGURATION DAY.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long ago I reprogrammed my cable service to eliminate the channels that I found offensive. ABC, CBS, CNN or NBC no longer can be viewed on televisions in my home along with some others.

Do we miss these stations? Not at all, in fact I believe the IQ of my entire family has improved since I took this action. At first there was some withdrawal symptoms weaning the group from broadcast programming until they moved onto viewing new shows. The History Channel and Fox News are the most viewed programs in our home.

When was the last time you sat and discussed a history program with your children and expanded their knowledge of the known universe?

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
MSeeger
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone noticed that no matter how much the media tries, they can't seem to get the same kind of response from the American people that they would have gotten during the Vietnam era?

Doesn't it occur to them that the majority of us view this war along different lines? That the issue isn't as simple as "capitalist imperialistic Amurrika" invading a nation of peace-loving Iraqis whose life was all peaches and cream until *we* warmongering Amurrikans came along? (a la Michael Moore)...

I did not agree with the way we went in there. But now that we *are* there, we must finish the job that we started, and let the Iraqi people tell us when *they* feel they are ready to take the reins. When that day comes, I hope we will listen, and honor their request.

But until then, I stand behind the President and our soldiers 100 percent. And I would do so, even if I had a son in the field. Just as my brother lost his life in Vietnam those many years ago, and my mother bore her loss with dignity, I like to think I would do the same.

Shame on ABC, CBS, CNN, and all those folks who haven't crawled out of their ivory tower to see what the real world looks like out there.

Maria
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arty Guy wrote:
While I have many fine Canadian friends and business acquaintances, maybe the fact that Jennings is Canadian limits his understanding of how some Americans feel about America.

I don't think that is it at all.
Peter Jennings is just a card carrying member of the "Liberal elitest media snobs" who can't, and won't try to, understand conservatives and will do anything to make a conservative administration look bad. He is of the same school as Dan Rather, Walter Cronkite, Brokaw, etal.
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee, I just got a sweet note back with a prayer and pictures from the father of 1st Cal. member killed a few weeks ago. Don't guess ABC would like to talk with him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: