SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lawrence O'Donnell: "It was Rove"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, instead of a Senate tradition of comity, we get "Cowards!" and "Liars!" and "Nazis!". I would venture a guess that minority status isn't sitting well with Democrats. This type of rhetoric will ensure that status in perpetuity.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have nothing to promote but negativity and obstruction. The so called Dem. moderates are muzzled. Why anyone would think their vitriol sounds appealing to anyone rational is a guess.
joe_madeup
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my prediction.

I bet the coming news events will show that Rove did NOT tell Novak about Plame, but Rove maybe dropped a hint to Novak like "Just check into Joe Wilson's wife. I'm not allowed to tell you what I know about her, but what I know is common knowledge; you only have to ask on the Georgetown cocktail circuit." Which would have been a legal thing to say. Then AFTER Novak "outed" Plame in print, Rove discussed her with those other reporters - again legal (since she was already outed, and not by Rove). But the Wacko Left brigades will care for none of these distinctions. They badly need a howling spree; this will be the one.

So my prediction is: Rove did nothing wrong, but the Wacko Left will call for his head anyway, as they go around repeating endlessly that he "outed" Plame, when really he did not. (sigh)
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was common knowledge in the DC Liberal cocktail circuit. I would bet Rove said nothing of the sort, but may have acknwledged to know what other already knew. Besides, Plame was no secret agent, just an upper level staff puke. I used to know a guy like that. You knew he worked for the agency, he just couldn't say anything. We all knew, so what the hell was the secret.
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather & co. were not above basing a whole one hour slander program on manufactured documents.
Would Time/Cooper and/or NYT/Miller manufacture notes and documents to nail Rove and embarass the WH?
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real leak is a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee and MSM is covering it up to protect them. The Rove allegations are just another smokescreen to divert attention from the real source who is a possible Presidential contender.

The Company was infiltrated during the past 40 years by Analysts and Agents of the sixties generation with liberal agendas who do not care much for the status quo. The situation we find ourselves in today can be laid directly at their feet with the pursuit of the One World Order.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct, Phantom. The left has been after Rove for a long time now and just floating his name with this means they won't give up until the "prove" it is him. This so called email evidence sounds very fishy to me, given that he admitted discussing her, after the public article some time ago.

The lefts hatred of Bush and the right means no one has to actually do wrong, just be accused of it and they are convicted.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baldeagle said
Quote:
Rather & co. were not above basing a whole one hour slander program on manufactured documents.
Would Time/Cooper and/or NYT/Miller manufacture notes and documents to nail Rove and embarass the WH?

This has been niggling in my mind today, beginning to suspect that Rove was set up.

My first problem was why these reporters would shield Rove, a man that the Libs and the press despise

My second problem was that Karl Rove is too smart to LIE TO THE FBI.
As reported, he adamantly denied to the FBI that he was the source.
He certainly had advice from Whitehouse counsel and knew that lying to the FBI gets you jail time.(Martha Stuart was not convicted of insider trading, she went to jail because she lied to the FBI.)

I recalled that Joe Wilson, shortly after Novak's column was making the rounds on every talk show saying ROVE was the culprit. Remember him saying that he wouldn't give up until he saw Karl Rove being FROG MARCHED out of the Whitehouse. Hmmm. I started googling to find the statement and I kept coming across little tidbits that began to form a theory. May sound crazy, but there are just so many pointers coming together.

Here's my "WHAT IF." Follow me here:
This whole Plame affair came about after months of the Left (Ted Kennedy, Al Gore, Howard Dean, McAuliffe, et al) ranting that 'Bush lied' over and over. There were no WMDS--Bush lied!

The president addresses the nation and mentions the British Intelligence memo citing Iraq was trying to buy yellow cake from Niger. The MSM and the Left explode! That memo was a fake! Bush lies!!

Then out comes Joe Wilson claiming that Bush KNOWS that the yellow cake story is false because he (Wilson) was sent to Niger to verify it and he came back with a report that there was NO ATTEMPT by Saddam to buy yellow cake. How dare Bush misconstrue or ignore his finding!

Joe Wilson is a liar. He purposely did not mention in his report that several Niger officials told him that Saddam had proposed to them on numerous occasions that he wanted to buy yellow cakel
Later on, both the 911 Commission Report AND the Senate Select Committee On Intelligence Report cited him as being untruthful!

His wife Valerie Plame supported Al Gore in 2000, and contributed $1000 to the Gore Campaign. Obviously she is not a Bush fan.
And Joe was fanatical in denying that Valerie volunteered him to
go to Niger. Another lie by Joe. Why??

What if these two are sympathizers with the Dem anti-war, anti-Bush crowd, hatched the idea that Joe would go to Niger, Sit around and drink mint juleps and then come back and report that there is nothing to back up the yellow cake quest by Saddam. No WMDs, No Yellow Cake pursuit, VOILA!! Saddam was no threat. Bush lied!
Sheesh, the DNC may have even put them up to it!!

But then Robert Novak started asking questions, and everything blew up!
Oh, oh. How do we cover up our little scheme? Outrage at Novak! Attack Rove! Divert attention to them and away from us.
"I want to see Karl Rove frogmarched out of the White House" says Joe Wilson. When asked by a talkshow host ' Do you have any evidence that Karl Rove outed your wife" Wilson responds "Well no, but..
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW. I just found this site. It's a Timeline of the Plame leak.
Looks like tons of interesting stuff, but I'm just too tired to read it tonight.
Any insomniacs out there, HAVE AT IT!!!

http://justoneminute.typepad.com/footnotes/2004/07/the_joseph_wils.html

Scrolled down and spotted these articles:

Oct 11, 2003: "Secrets of the Scandal," The New York Times, Nicholas Kristof
Kristof makes several revelations: Plame's identity may already have been compromised by Aldrich Ames in 1994; Plame was steadily moving from non-official cover to official cover from the State Department; it was somewhat known in Washington that Plame had CIA connections, but her exact position was a well-guarded secret.

Oct 12, 2003: "Probe Focuses on Month Before Leak to Reporters," The Washington Post, Walter Pincus and Mike Allen
This article reveals that Wilson was a source for the Kristof 5/6 piece and the Post's 6/12 piece, also reveals that a Post reporter was contacted by administration officials about Plame on 7/12, and the anonymous source from the Post's 9/28 piece re-confirms his statements. Also mentions that investigators are looking into the NSC staffer who might have known of Plame's connection to Wilson.

Eventually, this story will be one of the reasons Pincus gets subpoenaed - he mentions an Admin source that gave info about the leaker on Jul 12.

Oct 17, 2003: "Memo May Aid Leak Probe," The Wall Street Journal, David S. Cloud
This article claims that an an internal CIA memo reveals Plame's connection to Wilson's Niger trip; it also reveals that Plame was involved with the clandestine network which monitors Iraq.
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawa wrote:
Quote:
My first problem was why these reporters would shield Rove, a man that the Libs and the press despise

My second problem was that Karl Rove is too smart to LIE TO THE FBI.
As reported, he adamantly denied to the FBI that he was the source.
He certainly had advice from Whitehouse counsel and knew that lying to the FBI gets you jail time.
exactly

here's a little update
Quote:
Editor&Publisher
Reports Reveal Karl Rove Named in Matt Cooper Documents
By Greg Mitchell
Published: July 02, 2005

NEW YORK Now that Time Inc. has turned over documents to a federal judge, revealing who its reporter, Matt Cooper, identified as his source or sources in the Valerie Plame/CIA case, speculation runs rampant. Lawrence O'Donnell, senior MSNBC political analyst, now claims that at least two authoritative sources have confirmed that one name is top White House mastermind Karl Rove.

This afternoon, Newsweek's Michael Isikoff confirmed that Cooper did indeed talk to Rove for his story, but Rove's lawyer denied he was the key leaker in the case.

"The e-mails surrendered by Time Inc., which are largely between Cooper and his editors, show that one of Cooper's sources was White House deputy chief of staff Karl Rove, according to two lawyers who asked not to be identified because they are representing witnesses sympathetic to the White House," Isikoff writes on the Newsweek web site. "Cooper and a Time spokeswoman declined to comment. But in an interview with Newsweek, Rove's lawyer, Robert Luskin, confirmed that Rove had been interviewed by Cooper for the article. It is unclear, however, what passed between Cooper and Rove."

According to Isikoff, Luskin told Newsweek that Rove "never knowingly disclosed classified information" and that "he did not tell any reporter that Valerie Plame worked for the CIA." Luskin declined, however, to discuss any other details. He noted that Rove had testified before the grand jury "two or three times" and signed a waiver authorizing reporters to testify about their conversations with him.

"He has answered every question that has been put to him about his conversations with Cooper and anybody else," Luskin said. But one of the two lawyers representing a witness sympathetic to the White House told Newsweek that there was growing "concern" in the White House that the prosecutor is interested in Rove.

more.....

why would Rove sign that waiver for the reporters, IF he had anything to hide?
Tanya
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lawrence O'Donnell: Update on Rove Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/huffpost/20050703/cm_huffpost/003584_200507031044

"Rove would not let me get one day of traction on this story if he could stop me. If what I have reported is not true, if Karl Rove is not Matt Cooper’s source, Rove could prove that instantly by telling us what he told the grand jury. Nothing prevents him from doing that, except a good lawyer who is trying to keep him out of jail."

Rolling Eyes Larry's losing it! Laughing
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/49305.htm
Quote:
ROVE IN SPY-STORY SCRIBE'S NOTES

July 3, 2005 -- WASHINGTON — Karl Rove, President Bush's chief political adviser, spoke with Time magazine's Matthew Cooper during a critical week in July 2003 when Cooper was reporting on a public critic of the Bush administration who was also the husband of a CIA operative, Rove's lawyer confirmed yesterday.
Rove is identified in Cooper's notes from that time period, which Time turned over Friday to special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald — under court order.

Fitzgerald is investigating whether senior administration officials leaked CIA operative Valerie Plame's name to reporters in July 2003 as retaliation after her husband, former ambassador Joseph C. Wilson IV, publicly accused the Bush administration of twisting intelligence to justify a war with Iraq.

Rove's lawyer said Rove never identified Plame to Cooper in those conversations. More significantly, Robert Luskin said, Fitzgerald assured him in October and again last week that Rove is not a target of his investigation.

"Karl did nothing wrong. Karl didn't disclose Valerie Plame's identity to Mr. Cooper or anybody else," Luskin said. Luskin said the question remains unanswered: "Who outed this woman? . . . It wasn't Karl."

Poor old Larry, he's been beside himself with glee over his grand scoop!
Don't know if he can handle it when he ends up with egg on face!!
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a little different track now.
Just wondering if Colin Powell may have been the leaker.
He was the ONE SOURCE in the Administration that the reporters WOULD want to protect!
And he would have been familiar with Valerie Plame since Joe Wilson was a former Ambassador.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larrybaby lost it a long time ago. He needs meds - he doesn't need people lending his delusions any semblance of credibility. They're only reinforcing his insanity.

I'm still of the mind that it was all made up of whole cloth. That Novak had bupkis and that this huge pantomime of finding the leak is just that - a charade.

"Journalists" have been able to get by with "unnamed sources" for so long that Novak just took it for granted that he could get away with it, too. But he got caught in an entirely new argument and eventuality for which our media had not prepared itself.

As for Colin Powell, you make some good points. The left would certainly seek to protect him. But, what would he have to gain by leaking that information? It's pretty clear that he was not a full-supporter of this administration, but would he go that far, do you think?

I don't know. Maybe you've got something there. If I could just see what he would have gained by doing such a thing.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do they really expect anyone to believe it was Rove? Also they expect us to believe that a couple of MSM reporters would go to jail to protect Rove. Yeah and Santa really exists.

They would have rolled over in a New York minute if it had been Rove.

In fact, they would have leaked it out themselves by now and blamed someone else.

God Save America from the MSM.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: