SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tony Snow: FBI Has Found New Orleans padded # of Cops!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM Strong wrote:
I wonder if the 500 missing cops were part of Slick Willy's 100,000 police officers.

I'm sure you were being sarcastic Very Happy
That is one area that I would give 'hillery' 90% of my vote of confidence.. that he wasn't 'directly' involved Razz

Of course, anyone that has had the opportunity to travel a bit.. and we all know all Pres' do... we all have known there was something fishy about NOLA... Been through there a few times travelling from HAFB to Texas and back... but was never curious enough to even stop for gas... a cat has 9 lives.... I don't.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kman wrote:
Oh, and this just in from CNN. NO's finest looting the city.

Snip

GRIFFIN (voice-over): It could be the single worst moment in the history of the New Orleans Police Department. And it centers on what happened at this Canal Street hotel. The night New Orleans flooded, Osman Khan says 70 officers moved into his Amerihost Inn and Suites; 62 of them then went out to fight the looters and thugs. But eight officers, he says, began a four-day-long looting spree of their own.

OSMAN KHAN, HOTEL MANAGER: Oh, yes. They would probably leave around 9:00, 10:00 at night and come back around 4:30 in the morning.

GRIFFIN (on camera): And what did you see them come back with?

KHAN: Oh, everything from Adidas shoes to Rolex watches.

GRIFFIN: Just lots of it?

KHAN: Oh, lots of it.

GRIFFIN (voice-over): Camped out on the 10th floor of the hotel, the hotel engineer, Perry Emery, says the eight officers were drinking almost all of the time. He says, when he came up to the 10th floor to bring towels and to check on water pressure, he saw firsthand what they had looted.

PERRY EMERY, HOTEL ENGINEER: I guess jewelry or generators, fans. And, one time, they went out and they came back with a bunch of weapons.

GRIFFIN: The generator, says Khan, was this one, stolen, he says, as he watched, from a hospital next door.

(on camera): And they stole this from a hospital?

KHAN: They stole it from Tulane Hospital, correct.

GRIFFIN (voice-over): As the majority of the NOPD were out fighting crime, Khan says these eight were running an extension cord up their 10th-floor rooms and to a refrigerator to keep their beer cold.

CNN has now obtained this videotape backing up parts of Khan's story. It is video taken on the Sunday after the storm, when the hotel was surrounded by water and the hotel engineer was telling a reporter about a threatening police officer on the 10th floor.

...simply disgusting.

Kurt

I am curious, being I was a deputy in Texas, what the job requirements to be a state certified peace (police) officer is/was in NOLA (or lack thereof)..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: