SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Carlton Sherwood & the VVLF S U E John Kerry!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting watching dissemination of this AP story. The Boston Globe and Orlando Sentinel have already picked it up among a growing list.

Click here to see the latest Google search.
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=1186964\

Quote:
A Kerry spokesman suggested the suit was designed as a fund-raising tool for the veterans foundation and others.

"This is simply more of the same smears and sleaze against a decorated Vietnam veteran from more of the same serial liars who disgraced themselves in 2004," spokesman David Wade said.

"It's too bad the truth doesn't matter to the right wing when there's a chance to fund-raise based on outright falsehood and slander," he said.

Why does this not suprise me? Confused Confused
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A Kerry spokesman suggested the suit was designed as a fund-raising tool for the veterans foundation and others.

"This is simply more of the same smears and sleaze against a decorated Vietnam veteran from more of the same serial liars who disgraced themselves in 2004," spokesman David Wade said.

"It's too bad the truth doesn't matter to the right wing when there's a chance to fund-raise based on outright falsehood and slander," he said.

What they say now matters little. What they say in open court when they have to finally actually answer the charges is what's gonna count. That's when we get to the sweet taste of truth long overdue.
I expect to hear them screaming long and loud and offering out of court settlements to keep from having to answer these burning questions they well know are coming.
The fats in the fire now. I can hear it sizzeling. Twisted Evil

Dusty
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Carlton Sherwood & the VVLF S U E John Kerry!!! Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Hold on to your camo hats carried not-so-secretly in your briefcase...Carlton Sherwood AND the VVLF have counter-sued John Kerry!

Now...how about as wide a distribution of the documents that spell out the charges as possible?

Publication in a major newspaper (i.e., WSJ, since all the others will likely reject it?)

Handouts in the center of major cities?

-- FDL
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL. The Seattle Post-Intelligencer has picked up the story. You'll find it, of course, in the "A&E Movies" section.

on edit: Is this a trend? WaPo is covering it under "Entertainment News". Is that before or after the comics?
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1,
Perhaps Hollywood has noticed that it's a battle between Kerry, the film director of himself in 'battle' in the jungles of Vietnam vs Sherwood, a film producer of 'interviews' of our real heroes. Could it be that Hollywood is coming around? Smile

Deuce

Me#1You#10 wrote:
LOL. The Seattle Post-Intelligencer has picked up the story. You'll find it, of course, in the "A&E Movies" section.

on edit: Is this a trend? WaPo is covering it under "Entertainment News". Is that before or after the comics?
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Vietnam Vets/Former POWs Respond to Slurs From Sen. Kerry's Reply with quote

It's heating up...VVLF response to Kerry "reaction"...gotta love Mary Jane McManus Smile

Quote:
Vietnam Vets/Former POWs Respond to Slurs From Sen. Kerry's Staff

PHILADELPHIA, Oct. 6 /PRNewswire/ -- The following is being issued by the Vietnam Veterans Legacy Foundation:

"I am irritated to be called a liar by the spokesman for someone who spent less time in Vietnam than I spent being tortured. I would like to know what was false when I said that I was interrogated in 1971, told about the 'Winter Soldier Hearings,' told that someone had recruited my mother to be associated with these people, and told that John Kerry organized it. Was Boris (my interrogator) lying about Winter Soldier? Did these hearings not take place? Was John Kerry not involved? And while the Kerry people are tossing around frivolous lawsuits claiming defamation, isn't it defamatory to say that someone is lying if you can't prove it?"

-- The Hon. James Warner, VVLF Board member and former US Marine Corps Captain held captive in Vietnam for over 5 years

"Who is this pipsqueak press boy Wade to question the honor, statements or credibility of veterans who took real fire and POWs who took real torture? How dare he! How dare Kerry allow his taxpayer-funded office to malign decorated veterans and call them liars. Of course, this is nothing new for Kerry -- his public life stems from vilifying vets."

-- Mary Jane McManus, VVLF Board member and wife of former POW Lt. Col Kevin McManus

"John Kerry, through his spokesman, David Wade, has brazenly labeled a group of POWs who dared to speak out with the truth about his testimony to the US Senate and his crusade to brand American combatants as war criminals. I read the statement that referred to us as 'serial liars' and claimed that the truth doesn't matter to us. On the contrary, this is all about the truth, and it seems the only chance we have of letting the American people know the truth about the Vietnam War and the honorable men who fought it is in a Federal court of law.

-- Col. Ken Cordier, USAF (ret), VVLF Board member and POW for over 6
years

To read the Washington Post story and quote from Kerry staffer David Wade, go to:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/05/AR2005100501525.html

To access a copy of the suit filed by Mr. Sherwood and the VVLF, go to:

http://www.vvlf.org/documents/Sherwood_and_VVLF_v_Kerry.pdf

SOURCE Vietnam Veterans Legacy Foundation
Web Site: http://www.VVLF.org

PR Newswire
wpage
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Who is this pipsqueak press boy Wade to question the honor, statements or credibility of veterans who took real fire and POWs who took real torture? How dare he! How dare Kerry allow his taxpayer-funded office to malign decorated veterans and call them liars...."

Now that's the way to tell it. Call a spade a spade. Most responses heretofore have been somewhat politically correct. If sKerry fails to answer these comments he is definitely less than I even thought and that's at the bottom. Guess his coward *** will have to dig a hole and hide. He's nothing but a true chicken**** coward. Thank you all!

This Made My Day!
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks to me like the usual "burn those that opposed me" tactic is instead, burning who really needs burned.

It is my hope that once in court, sKerry is finally forced to open his ENTIRE military records to the public and show just how truthful he was and is about his "heroics." Embarassed
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:

It is my hope that once in court,....

You're a step ahead of me Lew. I hope it GETS to trial. Pre-trial settlement or summary judgements are certainly possibilities? and we may all be denied the opportunities presented by discovery and John Kerry under oath.

However, assuming it DOES get to trial (and we're all still here talking about it), I'll run a pool as to who can guess closest to the number of times we'll hear...

"Objection your honor...irrelevant!" emanating from the defense table. Wink
joe_madeup
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If David Wade just called Cordier a "serial liar" and Cordier isn't, can the legal action(s) now be expanded to include David Wade?

It would be great to see the action grow, until Kerry & his campaign are enveloped in a sticky mess they can't possibly get out of cleanly...
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joe_madeup wrote:
If David Wade just called Cordier a "serial liar" and Cordier isn't, can the legal action(s) now be expanded to include David Wade?

I'm no lawyer, thank God, but I would think that Cordier would have a better case against Wade than Bjornson has against the VVLF which includes Cordier. Wink
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Intellectual Conservative" takes note...

Quote:
Vietnam Vets Versus Kerry
by Michael P. Tremoglie
07 October 2005

The Vietnam Veterans Legacy Foundation is a plaintiff, along with Red, White, and Blue Productions, and Vietnam veteran turned journalist Carlton Sherwood, in a defamation action against John Kerry and Tony Podesta.

<snip>

This may be the first time in American history that a presidential candidate was sued for actions taken by him and his campaign during an election. It may also be the first time that an antiwar activist was sued, if only tangentially, for allegations made about American military personnel.

Democrats did indeed respond vehemently to Stolen Honor. Sinclair, according to a contemporaneous Newsweek report, canceled their broadcast after being intimidated by Democrats. For example, a Democrat New York State Comptroller sent a letter to Sinclair criticizing the broadcast. The Comptroller was the sole trustee for the NY State Common Retirement Fund, which owned 250,000 shares of Sinclair stock..

The Baederwood Theater received phone calls threatening boycotts if it showed the movie. Ominous phone calls were responsible for a suburban Philadelphia conference center canceling another presentation scheduled after Baederwood.

Although the Kerry campaign denied any involvement with these efforts, an October 15, 2004 email from Podesta to Kerry activists called Carlton Sherwood a, "disgraced former journalist, right-wing propagandist and apologist for cult-leader Sun Myung Moon." Podesta urged Kerry workers to "…. take action …against this garbage…. let the theater know that, as a member of the community, you object to …this film …they should not allow Stolen Honor to be shown on their screen."

If this lawsuit accomplishes nothing else, it will be that the heroes of Vietnam are finally condemning the lies told about them during the war. If nothing else results from this, it will be that those who served their country meritoriously, despite great controversy, despite the adversity, those who truly deserve to be called the Greatest Generation, are once again serving their country by telling the truth about Vietnam.

A former police officer, Michael Tremoglie's work has appeared in the Philadelphia Inquirer, Philadelphia Daily News, Human Events, FrontPage Magazine, and the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

Email Michael Tremoglie: elfegobaca@comcast.net

Intellectual Conservative - cont'd
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"This is simply more of the same smears and sleaze against a decorated Vietnam veteran from more of the same serial liars who disgraced themselves in 2004," spokesman David Wade said. "It's too bad the truth doesn't matter to the right wing when there's a chance to fund-raise based on outright falsehood and slander," he said.

Ummmm....isn't this EXACTLY the manner and type of communication about Vietnam vets that Kerry is being sued for?

What an absolute a**.

-- FDL
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Vietnam Vets/Former POWs Respond to Slurs From Sen. Kerr Reply with quote

Quote:
"Who is this pipsqueak press boy Wade to question the honor, statements or credibility of veterans who took real fire and POWs who took real torture? How dare he! How dare Kerry allow his taxpayer-funded office to malign decorated veterans and call them liars. Of course, this is nothing new for Kerry -- his public life stems from vilifying vets."

The days of the Leftist Big F'ing Lie™ (from power-mongering sociopathic leftists) and Leftist Big F'ing Delusion™ (from other leftists who are leftists due to simpler mental illness) are coming to an Internet-induced ignominious end™.

There won't be any more full-of-bovine-fecal-matter™ "Winter Soldier" investigations in Holiday Inns. Not when facts can be vetted in an Internet minute.

PLEASE DO NOT SETTLE THIS CASE. LET IT GO TO TRIAL.

Good luck at trial, Mr. Kerry, you'll need it.

-- FDL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: