SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi everyone, long time no see
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya we are still on miles, today 130 mile is a basic day based on 8 hrs. After 8 overtime is based on 24.5 miles an hr. But many trips are well over 130 miles so overtime starts later. 150 mile trip overtime starts at 9 hrs and 40 min. It is confusing but it works out pretty good. I don't want to go hourly. Some days I get lucky and only work 4-5 hrs and that would kill us. Also on hourly the company would pull us off at 8 hrs and avoid any overtime. I like the guaranteed basic day 130 miles, on miles the company needs to get as much out of us as they can for the money. Knowing my democratic union as I do, I am sure they will sell us out like usual to the labor unfriendly democrats. I just love it when the union starts the Bush bashing, I ask "when clinton was in for 8 years what did he do for you?". My response is allways NAFTA, outsourcing American jobs!! So for anyone in California please vote YES ON PROP 75. Stop the unions from giving our money without consent to the democrats. Semper Fi.
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well IB there might be some guy's getting out soon that will read this and take the plunge to start a new career. If it helps them get into civillian life I'm all for it that is why I threw the pitch out, it is a good time for them to apply as all the roads are hiring like wildfire. But beware it is not a job, it's an adventure!! Just kidding guy's, it is not a job it's a life style. There are no 8-5 days, it's 3am one day then 3pm the next, no set hours, no schedule. But it pays very good. I personally like it this way, no alarm clock, just wait til the phone rings with an on duty call. I watch my status on the computer and can guess pretty accuratly when I will be called. I promoted to Engineer, now they have to hire another Conductor to fill my old spot. There isn't much turnover in this job, people stay for the long haul, the money is adictive. So if you can get in you are lucky. Semper Fi.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: