SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry says American Soldiers are Terrorizing women
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Taranto on Kerry...

Quote:
BEST OF THE WEB TODAY
BY JAMES TARANTO
Tuesday, December 6, 2005 3:26 p.m. EST

Dems in Disarray

<snip>

An e-mail from John Kerry's* "campaign" that popped into our e-mailbox this morning struck a decidedly different tone. It declared, "Each move they make we'll meet head on. We'll act quickly, decisively, and we won't yield an inch." Needless to say, Kerry referred not to America's enemies but to Republican fund-raising efforts.

It's important to keep in mind what is behind all the talk about Vietnam. The outcome of that war was a defeat for America, but it was a triumph for those who wanted America to withdraw. It was bad for the Democratic Party, which has lost elections far more often than not since splintering over the war in 1968, but it was a triumph for those Democrats who advocate a form of isolationism based on the premise that America is morally tainted. Those folks are still around, as New York's Daily News reports:
    Anti-war activists furious with Sen. Hillary Clinton are vowing to bird-dog her everywhere she goes, starting with a swanky Manhattan fund-raiser tonight.

Clinton's letter last week clarifying her position on Iraq--which included rejecting a timetable for withdrawal--fanned the anger of some war opponents, who decided to launch a campaign against New York's junior senator.

"We're calling it Bird-Dog Hillary," said Medea Benjamin of the peace group Codepink.
The left-wing isolationists reached their apogee with the nomination of George McGovern in 1972, the same year the Democratic Party, at the presidential level, reached its nadir. Since then, they have won elections only when foreign policy receded as an issue: after the withdrawal from Vietnam (1976) and after the Cold War was won (1992 and 1996). Democrats, in short, thrive on the illusion of peace. That's why they're increasingly rooting openly for defeat in Iraq: They hope that a relatively quiet few years will follow, which would be good for their short-term political fortunes.

Presumably the reality of peace would suit Democratic interests as well as the illusion. That is, as with the Cold War, a clear victory would help the Democrats politically by neutralizing the issue of their foreign-policy fecklessness. Too bad the party's small but noisy anti-American base makes it untenable for the party's pols to take an unambiguously pro-American position.

* The haughty, French-looking Massachusetts Democrat, who by the way alleges that U.S. troops are "terrorizing kids and children" in Iraq. But he supports the troops!

Opinion Journal
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vietnam was after my service and I have little knowledge of the subject of "free-fire zones", but my understanding is that they were defined by the DOD and were meant to accommodate the general policy of international law which enjoins armies to avoid targeting any but military objectives and assures protection to civilians, in almost any circumstance.

These were the Rules of Engagement and in a Free fire zone, it was expected that anyone in that area were not friendly. It made one cautious of seeing anyone in those areas but it did not mean you could just start shooting. It meant, that if you received incoming then no permission had to be requested that you return their fire.

In non Free fire zones, if you received incoming then the OinC had to request permission to return fire at the coordinates and then be authorized to return fire. This was to prevent friendly fire fights. I do not know if this was a Navy requirement and Bob Shirley could expand and explain better than me, he was an Officer Cool and knew the rules better than me. But, this was the rules as I understood them at the time.

Last edited by mtboone on Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One year later I am reminded to thank God sKerry lost the election.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently on The Drudge Report

Quote:
Statement by Kerry spokesman David Wade: 'Ken Mehlman's filthy and shameful lie about a decorated combat veteran is disgraceful. Political hack Ken Mehlman and draft dodging, donut eating Rush Limbaugh have something in common. Neither of them know anything about how to make American troops safe. John Kerry will continue to speak out about how to succeed in Iraq and protect brave American troops'...
Rolling Eyes Shocked Confused

Shall we discuss "filthy and shameful lies" about a group of highly decorated Viet Nam Veterans who spoke the truth about sKerry last year?

Kerry will do nothing more than grab at any opportunity he can to gain political power, regadless of who else may get hurt. It is just his nature.
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Currently on The Drudge Report

Quote:
Statement by Kerry spokesman David Wade: 'Ken Mehlman's filthy and shameful lie about a decorated combat veteran is disgraceful. Political hack Ken Mehlman and draft dodging, donut eating Rush Limbaugh have something in common. Neither of them know anything about how to make American troops safe. John Kerry will continue to speak out about how to succeed in Iraq and protect brave American troops'...
Rolling Eyes Shocked Confused

Shall we discuss "filthy and shameful lies" about a group of highly decorated Viet Nam Veterans who spoke the truth about sKerry last year?

Kerry will do nothing more than grab at any opportunity he can to gain political power, regadless of who else may get hurt. It is just his nature.

I believe I watched Mehlmans interview. By the time the commercial break was over, Kerry Kamp's David Wade had sent in that response. It was almost instantaneous and is at least the second time I have heard this happen. Kerry's 'people' are very much on top of things ready to react to any interview where Kerry is in question, even moreso it seems than prior to the election.
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtboone wrote:
Vietnam was after my service and I have little knowledge of the subject of "free-fire zones", but my understanding is that they were defined by the DOD and were meant to accommodate the general policy of international law which enjoins armies to avoid targeting any but military objectives and assures protection to civilians, in almost any circumstance.

These were the Rules of Engagement and in a Free fire zone, it was expected that anyone in that area were not friendly. It made one cautious of seeing anyone in those areas but it did not mean you could just start shooting. It meant, that if you received incoming then no permission had to be requested that you return their fire.

In non Free fire zones, if you received incoming then the OinC had to request permission to return fire at the coordinates and then be authorized to return fire. This was to prevent friendly fire fights. I do not know if this was a Navy requirement and Bob Shirley could expand and explain better than me, he was an Officer Cool and knew the rules better than me. But, this was the rules as I understood them at the time.

This sounds correct to me and it seemed that what O'Neill was getting at was that Kerry (unlike O'Neill) did not honor the rules of engagement in these zones.
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Scratch and Run! Reply with quote

Again, SVPT is the best site to find reality after one of sKerry's fantasies hits the press! Always on target! Here's one from Boortz nuze today:
Quote:
Yesterday we noted that John Kerry was resorting to his old ways; bashing our men and women in uniform. On last Sunday's Face the Nation Kerry had this to say about the actions of American troops in Iraq: " ..... there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women ...."

Well, there you go. Now we have the Democratic Presidential candidate, The Poodle, applying the "T" word to our own troops in Iraq. Our men and women in uniform are "terrorizing kids and children, you know, women ...." This was a stark reminder of Kerry testifying before the congress decades ago telling his lies about the actions of American troops in Vietnam. On April 12, 1971 this same John Kerry told the congress that American soldiers in Vietnam had "raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned on the power, cut off limbs, blew up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in a fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan." In Iraq, our troops terrorize. In Vietnam, they cut off heads and randomly shot at civilians. Kerry being Kerry ... slamming and denigrating American soldiers.

Yesterday on the show a caller reminded me of a time when American "troops" did, in fact, knock down a door in the middle of the night and terrorized a child. It happened almost six years ago. Does anybody remember? A Democrat was in the White House, and the "Commander in Chief" of these particular "troops" was a female Democrat. The date was April 22, 2000. The terrorized child was Elian Gonzalez.

Side note: It's interesting to note that as soon as Kerry demeans the American troops, his handlers start trotting out that "decorated combat veteran" stuff. The question of Kerry's combat medals is still very much open ... including those band-aid Purple Hearts of his. You've heard of cut-and-run? Kerry in Vietnam was a story of scratch-and-run. He bailed out with a few scratches .... and left men of stronger moral character than he to stay and do the fighting.
http://boortz.com

Deuce
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurch stepped in a pile of excrement on Sunday and it isn't going to be easy to clean up.
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM Strong wrote:
Shades of 1971. Is Genghis Khan there in Iraq too? Pure vintage Lurch.

What a hypocrit that narcissist fool is! He has not ever stepped one foot into Iraq.

I find his statements dangerous to our troops. Our leftist media lives for this crap and publicizes these things as if they think we are in a bubble. The world watches and listens. His statements undermine our war effort in Iraq and seriously compromise our integrity.

There goes Kerry's consession speech..hah..."we should come togther as a nation to work together......I will do my best to do that."

When Kerry? Evil or Very Mad

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

"Wednesday Hero - Google It!"
Essayons
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Kerry served (briefly) in the Mekong Delta here is an overview of the 9th Infantry Division (68/69 Mekong Delta) rules about free fire zones. The Navy probably used different rules of engagement.

By mid 1968 the VC/NVA could not easily move supplies and soldiers during the daytime and had to resort to night time operations. The Mekong Delta is laced with branches (9) of the Mekong River and a significant number of French built canals which were the transportation routes of choice used by the VC/NVA.

The Mekong River is a tidal river which also reverses flow direction based on the incoming tide and the distance from the sea – at Ben Luc we had to double anchor (upstream and downstream) the temporary float bridge that connected QL4 across the Song Vam Co Dong, a northern branch of the Mekong River. Go to [url]http://15thengineer.50megs.com/personal_stories [/url]for more information. Also on this page are two riveting personal stories – one titled “FSB Cudgel” is the story of a Medal of Honor recipient as told by one of the soldiers saved by him and the other is “FSB Jaeger” as told by a 1/84th Artillery medic. And you thought we were just a bunch of marauding Genghis Khan look-alkies based on Kerry’s 1971 Senate testimony.

First, almost all free fire zones (Army) were in effect from dusk until dawn and most of the Mekong Delta was a free fire zone at night. Kerry would have you believe otherwise.

Second, we did not have to ask permission to return fire if fired upon – day or night. The only exception to that was if a sniper was firing from a village.

I seriously doubt that any South Vietnamese in the Delta did not understand the risk they took by traveling at night. By late 1968 the 9th ID had brought its sniper school online and many snipers operated at night and they were very successful, especially notable is the 4/39th Battalion lead by the then LTC David Hackworth. (Read COL Hackworth’s book, “Steel My Soldiers’ Hearts” for more information regarding snipers and combat in the Delta).

Kerry was a traitor during the early 1970s and has not changed his stripes. He disonored me in 1971 but he will not be allowed to dishoner our current military. Once is enough!

Regards,
Dick
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Essayons wrote:
Since Kerry served (briefly) in the Mekong Delta here is an overview of the 9th Infantry Division (68/69 Mekong Delta) rules about free fire zones. The Navy probably used different rules of engagement.

Thanks for that, Dick. Very well written.

Schadow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: