SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Topic edited and locked
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crusader
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
One of the problems with a group like the Seals is that a lot of wannabes will fraudulently claim membership, so many so that organizations like VeriSEAL are needed to do the vetting needed to identify bonefide members from fakers. I don't think you'll find any agenda with VeriSEAL other than the search for truth.

You're correct in regard to the first sentence above but VeriSEAL is totally independent and answers to no one and that is a situation that makes me a little uneasy.

In regard to the second sentence above, I must respectfully disagree with you. The whole subject is too murky and the people involved (on both sides of the equation) have egos that are way too big for clear motives to be seen. Again, as I said previously, all I have to go on is my personal experience over 20 years with (Name deleted by Admin/me#1) and his organization and my little bit of communication with unidentified members of the VeriSEAL organization.

I have heard numerous people make the claim that (Name deleted by Admin/me#1) was a SEAL but, when asked directly about it by me in the early 1990's, his only comment was "Don't believe anything you hear about me unless you hear it directly from me" and that was pretty much that. I've heard numerous anecdotes from him about various members of the Special Operations community that he knows and things that they've done as well as a very few things that he has done in his past but I haven't heard him say any of the things from that article and, given the time and training that I've had from the (Organization name deleted by Admin/me#1) over the years, you would think that I would have.

Still yet, as has been pointed out to me, I can't know that he didn't say those things, either, since I wasn't there. Things just don't add up on the VeriSEAL side of the equation as well as they do on the (Name and Organization deleted by Admin/me#1) side of the equation for me when the light of my personal exposure is cast upon the situation.

Still, though, I could be wrong. I just don't place trust in an internet site over my personal knowledge of the situation.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This topic has been edited and locked. Please refer to the original post at

http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=163455#163455

Thank you

Admin/me#1
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: