SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cynthia McKinney
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow wrote:
Have we all noticed McKinney's repeated use of the term, "inappropriate touching" when referring to the officer's grabbing her arm? This is a not-too-subtle suggestion of similarity to the act of a sex criminal assaulting a child. No doubt the recommendation of her lawyer to plant the idea that the officer is a less than honorable person. How depraved.

Schadow

McKinney is an idiot. The Capitol Police would do well to tell the Congress that from now on, if some minority person tries to slip through security and is not recognized, they'll be allowed on their way with godspeed so as to not "hurt someone's feelings." Wonder what kind of Congressional reaction THAT would draw.

Depraved is the correct word. McKinney thinks by upping the ante as high as it will go, she'll get away with this through fear and intimidation.

Let's hope the Capitol Police have the pair it requires to prosecute this racemongering buffoon.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LimaCharlie wrote:
I remember being an E-3 in 1965 standing the quarterdeck watch on a ship tied up at the quay wall in Subic Bay, Philippines. The officer of the deck, an Ensign, was busy talking to another officer. An older man in civilian clothes came up the gangway and I asked him for his identification. The Ensign turned around and started reprimanding me for not recognizing the Admiral. The Admiral congratulated me and chewed out the Ensign. He said everyone, with no exceptions, should be challenged if we didn’t immediately recognize them.

When my father was in the Navy he had a situation where he was guarding the gangway and a drunk Chief tried to come aboard. He told the Chief to walk back down the gangway, because he was under order not to allow anyone drunk on board. Once the Chief got to my father he gave rank and told him to step aside. My father explained how scared he was at this point in that here was a Chief who was his superior and yet he was under orders not to allow anyone on board drunk. He also said if the guy was able to walk with decent composure he most likely would of turned a blind eye to it and allowed him on board, yet the chief was so drunk he wasn't walking aboard rather climbing the gangway. He reacted instantly when the Chief gave rank and butted him in the head. My father said he was so scared he hit him harder then he should of and immediately afterwards thought, my Lord I just killed the man.

They put the Chief in the brig till he sobered up and the next day the Chief went to my father and apologized to him for putting him in that situation and thanked him for denying entry to the boat.

My father often tells this story as the extent of his combat duties while serving in the Vietnam war. His combat with a drunk Chief walking the gangway, while he can tell it in a somewhat funny way all these years later, the truth is very pertinent to issues of security today.

In this case guarding entry to a sensitive area.

The Chief was literally drunk, yet if Miss McKinney is drunk on power there is no waking up in the morning from that.
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every month, on the first Saturday of the month, I go through the
14th St. gate of the Rock Island Arsenal for a commissary run. I
have a DOD sticker on my car and a retired ID IN MY HAND when
I approach the gate. Everything's fine.

I took my kid and grandkid to Fort Benning last year when the kid's
husband graduated from Basic Infantry Training. Again, sticker on
the card and three ID cards (1 retired and 2 dependent) IN MY HAND.
Everything's fine.

The kid now lives on base at Ft Carson. Last week she told me she
got her first vehicle search. "Pull over there and open your doors and
trunk Ma'am!" So she does while her kid is starting to freak out. So
the kid just shushes her kid with "It's just routine. They can do this.
We sign permission when we get our car sticker. And no, we're NOT in
trouble."

So when you know up front that you need to go through a security check,
just do what you need to do without a lot of BS. As for the Congress
Critter, she didn't even need to go through the metal check, she just
needed to make sure that she has the proper ID to get her AROUND it.
Sheesh!
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snipe wrote:
Every month, on the first Saturday of the month, I go through the
14th St. gate of the Rock Island Arsenal for a commissary run. I
have a DOD sticker on my car and a retired ID IN MY HAND when
I approach the gate. Everything's fine.

I took my kid and grandkid to Fort Benning last year when the kid's
husband graduated from Basic Infantry Training. Again, sticker on
the card and three ID cards (1 retired and 2 dependent) IN MY HAND.
Everything's fine.

The kid now lives on base at Ft Carson. Last week she told me she
got her first vehicle search. "Pull over there and open your doors and
trunk Ma'am!" So she does while her kid is starting to freak out. So
the kid just shushes her kid with "It's just routine. They can do this.
We sign permission when we get our car sticker. And no, we're NOT in
trouble."

So when you know up front that you need to go through a security check,
just do what you need to do without a lot of BS. As for the Congress
Critter, she didn't even need to go through the metal check, she just
needed to make sure that she has the proper ID to get her AROUND it.
Sheesh!

I could not imagine entering Fort Dix, taking my elderly parents (dad at 100% service-related disability, he drove and repaired tank transports in Europe) to the commissary without showing ID and being respectful to its security personnel. Even if they wanted to search us, I would be happy to oblige.

My dad was doing the driving once and got pulled over on the road leading to Dix for going past the speed limit. He was respectful as could be and the MP let him off with a warning to be more careful (he was 75 then).

I can only imagine what would have happened if I or my dad socked him!

-- FDL
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The head of the Capitol Police requested the D.A. to issue a warrant for McKinney's arrest. The prosecutor punted - decided he needed to convene a Grand Jury to determine if an arrest warrant should be issued.

A grand jury made up of D.C. residents??? What a joke! They will readily buy the meme that the cop's a racist!

Just like OJ, McKinney walks!!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One weekend, I was driving out to pick up a friend on the Charleston submarine base. I was wearing nice slacks and a very expensive turtle neck sweater. The Marine at the gate refused my entry based on the fact that base regulations required wearing a shirt with a collar for entry or exit. I got upset and argued briefly with the Marine and then drove home and changed into a shirt with a collar. The Marine then gave me entry to the base. I was upset and my friend was upset. We bent the Chief’s ear on Monday morning at quarters. We demanded something be done about that arrogant Marine. The Chief looked at us and said, “That Marine owns that ten yard section of property at the gate. You will treat him as God while you are on his property and do what ever he tells you. If you don’t, he will be justified in killing you for trespassing on his property. Any questions?”

Someone should explain it as well to McKinney
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LimaCharlie wrote:
I remember being an E-3 in 1965 standing the quarterdeck watch on a ship tied up at the quay wall in Subic Bay, Philippines. The officer of the deck, an Ensign, was busy talking to another officer. An older man in civilian clothes came up the gangway and I asked him for his identification. The Ensign turned around and started reprimanding me for not recognizing the Admiral. The Admiral congratulated me and chewed out the Ensign. He said everyone, with no exceptions, should be challenged if we didn’t immediately recognize them.

Such a simple and benign thing to merely submit to the wanding and go on your way with feelings of security before boarding.

Leaving for Florida in the morning with another probable wanding and removing shoes at the airport. No complaints here for airport security just my normal ,"thank you, keep up the good work".
Now McKinney could have submitted to this minor inconvenience taking about 30 seconds but instead has opted to spent 20 hours defending
POOR BEHAVIOR!!!!

Why the audacity of the capital police demanding something from such an important person. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McKinney caves

The Capitol Police have a pair

McKinney Apologizes for Incident With Cop
By MARK SHERMAN , 04.06.2006, 12:37 PM

Rep. Cynthia McKinney, D-Ga., expressed "sincere regret" Thursday for her altercation with a Capitol police officer, and offered an apology to the House.

"There should not have been any physical contact in this incident," McKinney said in brief remarks on the House floor. "I am sorry that this misunderstanding happened at all and I regret its escalation and I apologize."

McKinney's comments came after the case had been referred to a federal grand jury for possible prosecution.

She had previously insisted she had done nothing wrong, and accused police of "racial profiling." She is African-American and the police officer is white.

McKinney, 51, has a history of confrontations with officers.

In this case, she entered a House office building without passing through the metal detector that screens visitors. Members of Congress are permitted to bypass the machines, but she was not wearing the pin that identified her as a House member at the time.

The officer, whose name has not been made public, has said he asked McKinney three times to stop. She did not.

Terrance Gainer, outgoing chief of the Capitol police force, has said that the officer placed a hand on her and she responded by hitting him. He said McKinney's race was not a factor.

The incident has embarrassed Democrats, including fellow members of the Congressional Black Caucus, none of whom have publicly defended her behavior in the March 29 incident.

It was not clear which, if any, of her colleagues had urged McKinney to make the statement she did....

-- FDL
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that live and I do not remember her saying there should have been no physical contact.

I'll go look for the video.

The thing was sureal. I would not qualify her delivery as contrite and sincere, more like she found her self in a hole bigger than she planned on and was going to do or say whatever she had to, without reagard for her true sentiments.
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that on Fox News during lunch. She didn't admit to anything.
Just a statement on the floor of the house. Now if she was sincere,
she should go to the Capitol Police office and apologize to the Officer
in front of the other officers.

I've had several incidents of being just plain dumb in my lifetime. It's
a lot easier to apologize publicly to someone then to play the idiot.
By eating public crow as soon as posible, you can go back to where
you were and then just drive on. By not doing that, you leave enemies
in the bush who, if they're patient, will find an opportunity for paybacks.

Oh, did anyone see McCain on Fox last night. Not sure what program,
but I think it was a segment from Fox & Friends form yesterday morning.
Seems that McKinney - with lawyers - had just been on and she had
a prepared statement and left the lawyers to toss around the question:
"Did you hit the Officer". Well, they asked McCain a question and he
said with a straight face, "I have a statement to read then my two
lawyers will answer that question!"
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McKinney obviously was taken to the woodshed by what is laughingly called the "leadership" of the Dem caucus in the House. There is so much more meaty news (DeLay, Libby, etc.) that they wish to exploit; instead McKinney is absorbing all the oxygen.

Her "apology" was mainly for the fact that the thing escalated to national prominence, not that the Capitol Police were so unjustly treated and accused.

Schadow
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is she apologizing to the House???? In my book she owes her apology to the Police, FIRST, and then to the American people, second. I know of no offence she's committed against the House...

Just makes me madder and madder...
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
Why is she apologizing to the House???? In my book she owes her apology to the Police, FIRST, and then to the American people, second. I know of no offence she's committed against the House...

She disgraced the House.

-- FDL
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snipe wrote:
<SNIP>
Oh, did anyone see McCain on Fox last night. Not sure what program,
but I think it was a segment from Fox & Friends form yesterday morning.
Seems that McKinney - with lawyers - had just been on and she had
a prepared statement and left the lawyers to toss around the question:
"Did you hit the Officer". Well, they asked McCain a question and he
said with a straight face, "I have a statement to read then my two
lawyers will answer that question!"

... that was the on last five minutes of Brit Hume's show ... the segment where they show the funny clips.

McCain was talking to Jon Stewart on the Daily Show, and he was mocking McKinney. I enjoyed the oh-my-god forehead slap Steward gave McCain when he said that. Jon Stewart, despite being truly liberal/democrat has a sense of humor when things get that ridiculous.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Members of Congress are immune from prosecution for anything they may say on the floor in session.

McKinney was just building a defense based on strategy.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: