SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Patriotism is truth, today as in Vietnam ( kerry)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, yes someone rebutt it....

doc farmer?

I think I'll print it out, tear it up and send to his office with a note that I will read it - after he signs the SF 180 !

(I'm sure that will scare him into signing!) Laughing Laughing
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

"How dare those who never wore the uniform in battle attack those who wore it all their lives -- and who, retired or not, did not resign their citizenship to serve their country," Kerry said. "That is cheap and shameful."

well, how dare he think he can represent the every day regular citizen of the US? Shocked

and oh - I did catch the 'in battle' - so all military who didn't go to battle
need not comment ??? right Kerry....

6 that agree with him vs how many?

I think he is cheap and shameful!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeeBS jumps into the Kerry "do-over" with this offering this morning...

Nothing particularly revelatory other than a rarely seen acknowledgement from an MSM source that Kerry avoided his 70's anti-war record like the plague...

He's embracing that record now as his only shot at political salvation and you can expect a Tsunami of MSM "nostalgia" pieces longing for the "good old days" of the late 60's and early 70's...

They need to be reminded quickly and loudly of a four letter word that probably keeps Kerry awake at night...

V V A W

(emphasis mine)

Quote:
The Real John Kerry Finally Stands Up

BOSTON, April 24, 2006
--------------------------------------------
(CBS) Dotty Lynch is CBSNews.com's Political Points columnist. E-mail your questions and comments to PoliticalPoints@cbsnews.com .

<snip>

Thirty-five years to the day that he testified before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, he was introduced by the widow of a Swift Boat buddy, Don Droz, who emotionally recounted how her late husband told her how he and Kerry were planning to come home after Vietnam and "tell the truth about what was going on." Judith Droz Keyes, who spoke out in her husband's name in the seventies, described Kerry as a man who "has once again become the voice of moral opposition."

One of the Kerry supporters who packed the hall asked afterward "Where was she at the convention?" a reference to the fact that Kerry's military experience and not his anti-war activities were showcased in 2004.

The Kerry campaign took pains to downplay his anti-war activities, a tactic which angered a number of veterans — especially those who launched the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth. Once when another producer at CBS and I spoke to the campaign about a profile we were thinking about which would juxta-play both facets of his biography, they greeted us with dismay. "Would you have to go into the protests?" they asked. They decided against letting Kerry be interviewed for that profile.

<snip>

Kerry has the opportunity to lead a movement once again - not by using this as a campaign jumpoff, but by rallying a very angry public to force a change in policy. Richard Nixon worried about Kerry's potential as a leader back in the 70s; maybe the new Kerry will finally prove him right.

Complete Article

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and Wintersoldier.com responds...

Quote:
April 24, 2006 -- CBS News just published an amazing puff piece that positions John Kerry as an heroic antiwar protestor who "told the truth" about Vietnam. Author Dotty (ahem) Lynch all but begs the Cambodian Shadow to take a similar stand over Iraq. And why not? The "war hero" gig didn't work out all that well in 2004, but then, Kerry is nothing if not flexible. Of course, there is that one small problem: what Kerry said about Vietnam wasn't the truth -- it was a pack of lies largely based on Hanoi's talking points. Kerry, like our external enemies, wanted Americans to believe that our troops were criminals waging a war of genocide.

John Kerry's advisors and media minions can kid themselves all they like, but his real problem with veterans in 2004 wasn't that he fudged a few medals. That isn't going to change in 2008.

Wintersoldier.com
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Quote:
Kerry
“Dissent”
Faneuil Hall
April 22, 2006

<snip>
This is not the first time in American history when patriotism has been distorted to deflect criticism and mislead the nation.

In the infancy of the Republic, in 1798, Congress enacted the Alien and Sedition Acts to smear Thomas Jefferson and accuse him of treason. Newspapers were shut down, and their editors arrested, including Benjamin Franklin’s grandson. No wonder Thomas Jefferson himself said: “Dissent is the greatest form of patriotism.”

well, not to be pickin' on skerry, but...

Jefferson Library
Unconfirmed and Incorrectly Attributed Quotes
There are a number of quotes that we do not find in Thomas Jefferson's correspondence or other writings; in such cases, Jefferson should not be cited as the source. Among the most common of these spurious Jefferson quotes are:
• "Dissent is the highest form of patriotism."

that was the #1 misquote ..LOL

hat tip Opinion Journal “Kerry Lied!!!”

Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kate wrote:

that was the #1 misquote ..LOL

Kate ... That made my day...thanks Laughing
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kate wrote:

Me#1You#10 wrote:

Kerry
“Dissent”
Faneuil Hall
April 22, 2006

<snip>
This is not the first time in American history when patriotism has been distorted to deflect criticism and mislead the nation.

In the infancy of the Republic, in 1798, Congress enacted the Alien and Sedition Acts to smear Thomas Jefferson and accuse him of treason. Newspapers were shut down, and their editors arrested, including Benjamin Franklin’s grandson. No wonder Thomas Jefferson himself said: “Dissent is the greatest form of patriotism.”

well, not to be pickin' on skerry, but...

Jefferson Library
Unconfirmed and Incorrectly Attributed Quotes
There are a number of quotes that we do not find in Thomas Jefferson's correspondence or other writings; in such cases, Jefferson should not be cited as the source. Among the most common of these spurious Jefferson quotes are:
• "Dissent is the highest form of patriotism."

If this is accurate and valid, it should be sent to BOR asap.

note: BBCode edited/me#1
RiflemanDD730
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is Kerry did not use the full quote. It should have read

"Dissent is the greatest form of patriotism....and this thought is seared- seared in my mind"
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now, Bob Kerrey chimes in, alongside fellow lefties, Kerry and McPain;

Quote:
When we were in the Senate together, John Kerry and I shared a lot more than a last name. We both came to public service after having served our country in Vietnam. And that experience caused us to make a fifteen year effort to bring peace to Cambodia, resolve the POW-MIA issue, write a road map to normalization with our former enemy, and follow that road map until a former prisoner of war returned as our ambassador in 1998.

That diplomatic voyage was long and very contentious. It began with President George Herbert Walker Bush and ended with President Clinton. It was not possible without the courageous leadership of Senator John McCain and many other Vietnam veterans who served in Congress. It was angrily opposed by many and reignited many of the bitter, personal debates surrounding the war itself.

It's among my proudest accomplishments. We were able -- Republicans and Democrats together -- to achieve a great foreign policy success at the site of our worst foreign policy mistake. We stood shoulder to shoulder for peace and reconciliation. Millions of Cambodians and Vietnamese are better off today because of it. For me this was an effort worthy of our sacrifices and reflects my strongest desire for America's destiny as a peace maker.

For those who have fought in war, decisions about war and peace and how you send men and women to war become personal in a hurry. Wars -- even when we agree they are necessary -- are not the result of our successes; they are the result of our failures.

Something more, though, was seared into both John and me by our Vietnam experiences. Half of the names on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall are the names of Americans who died after the policy makers knew our nation was on the wrong course, after both political parties called for expeditious withdrawal. And yet the war dragged on for five more years.

"How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake?"

Thirty-five years ago, John Kerry asked that question as a recently returned Vietnam veteran testifying before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. He acted because he believed it was right to dissent from a war he believed was wrong -- and he was willing to endure the attacks of the Nixon Administration which hated John for saying what he believed.

This testimony provoked more than partisan attacks. Even many of his fellow veterans were angry and some never forgave him. I remember this well because I nearly lost my first race for Governor because people thought I was John.

Say what you want about the content of that testimony, it was an act of profound courage. And say what you want about that testimony, there is little doubt that Vietnam and the United States would have been spared tens of thousands of its youth had John's advice been taken.

Ten days ago, in a powerful speech on Iraq and dissent at Boston's Faneuil Hall, John made it clear that those who disagree with President Bush's course in Iraq have a right and an obligation to challenge a President who they believe is wrong, a policy they believe is wrong, and a war in Iraq they believe weakens our nation.

John stood up and defended the dissenters -- whether retired generals or our fellow Vietnam veteran Congressman Jack Murtha.

In an age where those who speak out are too often vilified or worse, John spoke out about and acted on the real meaning of patriotism: having the courage to speak your mind, heart, and gut even when it's unpopular.

I urge you to watch this vitally important speech and to forward it to as many people as possible.

VIEW HIGHLIGHTS OF THE FANEUIL HALL SPEECH ON DISSENT AND IRAQ

We're at a big moment here - one where each and every one of us must reject attempts to silence criticism of the rudderless course Washington has charted, one in which each of us must absolutely refuse to let soldiers and civilians die to save face for politicians unwilling to admit their mistakes or change course.

I urge you to watch this speech and to join with John Kerry in speaking out and doing everything possible to make 2006 the year that we did what's right for our soldiers in Iraq, our nation's foreign policy values, and our national security.

Sincerely,

Senator Bob Kerrey

Received in email, no link available

Quote:
John stood up and defended the dissenters -- whether retired generals or our fellow Vietnam veteran Congressman Jack Murtha.

Except for over 200 of his fellow shipmates who questioned his ability to lead the nation. Seems he didn't care much for dissent back then, alongwith McPain and all of them.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how that reads to you, but it reads to me like an application and an announcement of Kerry/Kerrey '08.
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
I don't know how that reads to you, but it reads to me like an application and an announcement of Kerry/Kerrey '08.

That is exactly the way I read it.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether Kerry might choose Kerrey as a running mate is, of course, premature speculation right now as I'm convinced that the Democrats (as I read them and at this point in time) have all but eliminated him from serious consideration... (emphasis mine)
Quote:
There is a parallel for Gore in another president who lost narrowly, retreated to private life and then returned to win the presidency. His name was Richard Nixon. He lost to John F. Kennedy in 1960 in what was then the closest race in American history. Written off by the political establishment, Nixon went to New York and practiced law. Then in 1964, the Republicans took a drubbing with Barry Goldwater, a conservative whose loose talk about going to war scared the country, and suddenly the uptight and sober Nixon looked pretty good to a party desperate to regain the White House. John Kerry came much closer to winning than Goldwater, but Kerry turned out to be a wind-surfing dilettante who in retrospect reminded Democrats they had a better candidate in Gore.

Eleanor Clift - Newsweek - April 28, 2006

But that won't deter the arrogant fraud from trying to, once again, grab the golden ring of Democratic torchbearer. In a way, I'm almost gratified to see this posturing taking place, as it indicates just how devastating must have been his rebuke in 2004.

As to the particulars of Bob Kerrey's service experience, I'm not going near it and probably wouldn't even if such a ticket were to somehow become a viable choice for the Demo nomination. I don't think, however, the same might be said of future opposition for the Democratic nod. Hillary et al will be playing for keeps...and so will the media after they choose their champion.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another consideration.

Surrounding himself with actual Veterans that really did serve, this all could be a smoke screen to head off criticism of his anti-war record. Since they back him up, it appears he may be hiding out in front behind them.

It's going to be hard to criticize him without him making it appear as if we are attacking Veterans.

Of course, we will have to expect the usual "They didn't serve at all" rhetoric as well. I smell some sort of a set up coming in '08.

In the meantime, while we need to keep a wary eye on this for 08, we can't forget we have major elections this November where they are trying to seize control of the House and Senate back. I feel we need to watch this election closer for now.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
It's going to be hard to criticize him without him making it appear as if we are attacking Veterans.

Lew, I think that was done quite effectively in '04 and opposition could easily continue in that vein.

As far as Kerrey is concerned, one needn't need attack him personally to attack his defense of Kerry's activities. To do so would be not only imprudent and unwise but, perhaps, even dishonorable. But you are spot-on in noting Kerry's penchant for hiding his own treachery "in front of" a phalanx of honorable, albeit misguided, veterans.

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Wed May 03, 2006 5:52 am; edited 4 times in total
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin note: Please be reminded of the purpose of this forum, to facilitate the discussion of John Kerry's unfitness to serve as Commander In Chief.

As Bob Kerrey has offered a defense of John Kerry's Vietnam-era activity, we welcome any rebuttal of that defense. Posts or comments that venture into an examination of issues relating to Bob Kerrey's own service are inappropriate in this forum and may be deleted without comment.

Let's stay on the high road here. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: