SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oh fer cryin' out...Rumsfeld Resigning
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already emailed the WH twice with my opinion - last night on the election...and today after we heard Rummy was leaving...

someone running the campaigning screwed up big time...they should
have known what was going on... even by checking the dem candidates
and what they were running 'on'. seeing they had a bunch of new
moderates running would have been a big clue.

and I blame a lot of the republican mouthpieces for being mealy mouthed on the talk shows. the dems shout it out - over and over - and hang on like a pitbull ! in comparison, repubs should be audtitioning for a taco bell commercial.
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And some feedback from Iraq....makes no sense. They think Rummy going & the Dems winning will make them more safe? How exactly is would the Dems 'redeploying' troops home give Iraq more security?

LasVegasSun
Iraq Hopes U.S. Vote Means More Security

couple snips
Quote:
"I expect a major change in military commands in Iraq," said Hassan al-Sunnaid, a member of Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki's Dawa party. "We have to wait and see the strategy of the new secretary (Gates) and how we will deal with him. We hope he will be more effective and more serious in achieving security in Iraq."
Quote:
"We hope the Democrats don't forget their campaign promises. If they don't, we will deal with them in a brotherly way once the last American soldier pulls out from Iraq,".

dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawa wrote:
Mr.Rumsfeld you are an excellent human being and I know you truly love our military men and women. You have done magnificent job and I thank you and honor you for your dedication to America. Walk tall, Rummy. You soar head and shoulders above all those who have maligned you for too many years. God bless you.

Allow me to second this motion.

Dusty
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rummy was the best and he has my utmost respect. He deserved so much better than the hand he was dealt, but in Rummy's impeccable style he handled it all like the true patriot and gentleman he is.

I salute you Rummy!

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

"Wednesday Hero - Google It!"
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dittos on all the tributes to the Sec. Def. I will miss the way he could put the dumb questioners in their places.

Do not sell the poker player short. He is going to be a pit bull in defending America. He may be just repositioning his chess pieces. A nice expose by Rummy (with documentation) on the harm the libs and MSM have caused the Iraqis and our troops can not be written until he is no longer Sec Def.
Stevie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh dang ! wouldn't that be great!

even better if it's already written and ready to go....

hope it's out next week ! Laughing Laughing

I heard the resignation was effective immediately ! Laughing

he better have a book FAST !
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawa wrote:
President strong at press conference. Nice slaps at the press gaggle. "This isn't my first rodeo". LOL.

The conservatives need to keep that up. From another writer:

It's clear the impact of the new media on the MSM hegemony is still in its infancy. It may have helped prevent severe skewing of the vote, but not enough to offset the ever-present, massive MSM distortions and censorship.

Most of the observations that have been made on the conservative defeats center on "dissatisfaction with the Iraq war", "the Imperial presidency" (i.e., "illegal" wiretaps), "dissatisfaction on the economy", "lies about WMD", and other such points.

One has to ask "why?" Why is there "dissatisfaction with the Iraq war?" Why is there a belief in "the Imperial presidency", "lies about WMD", etc.?

Would these conceptions even exist if they were not fueled by constant harping on soldiers killed without reference to anything positive, misstatements about the wiretapping program, 'revelations' in the newspapers about how "Bush lied", and other deliberate disinformation, examples of which are far too numerous to mention?

If the media were objective, not a third, unelected, self-appointed political party, and informed the electorate in a factual manner without selective protection of the left, the votes would have been more along the lines of a bell curve: i.e., other than at the extremes of the curve, most people would have avoided the party with the likes of Al Sharpton and Cindy Sheehan and Keith Ellison and John "Genghis Khan" Kerry.

The Founders never accounted for the presence of an unelected mass media acting as severely-biased political party in their formulation of our governmental system. It would have been inconceivable to them in the days when printing even a few thousand pamphlets - or books - was a major challenge.

Major changes are needed in the relations between our elected officials and the MSM as an adaptive response to this intruder in our political machinery.

An initial change would be the end of meekness and 'niceness' of conservatives towards the MSM. The NYT leadership, for example, should have been far more severely and openly criticized for the recent stories they printed, perhaps even taken to task for treason; John Kerry's 1971 tirade should have used as a hammer by conservatives in the last election; the "Bush lied" mantra should have been forcibly and repeatedly responded to by the administration; the omissions about Ellison's background in your local press should have been spotlighted -- in the open -- by your state's republicans, George Bush in a White House press conference should have held up LGF's superimposed TANG "flashing documents" on camera ( http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=23247_When_Will_the_Media_Stop_Enabling_Dan_Rathers_Lies ) the day after they appeared and ridiculed Dan Rather for his incredible bias and foolishness, and so on.

Until this starts to happen, the political process in this country will continue to be subverted by an unelected leftist cabal with unearned control of much of the the machinery of information dissemination.

dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good observatons FDL. You have you finger on one of the greatest challenges of our times. How to reign in the misinformation in the media.
This is intolorable and cannot continue to be allowed.
If it is, all is lost as far as having an informed (in opposition to a misinformed) electorate.

Dusty
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to read his book, especially that covers his years as SeDef, if he has a plan to do so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: