SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Harry Reid pats Terrorists on the back with his comments
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dingbat
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where in the hell is the Administration's response? Traitor Reid said that Gates and Rice, and maybe W, agreed. Maybe he is right because there's been nothing but a whimper from the White House press office.

1/101st ABN Song Be 3/82d ABN Phu Bai.
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dingbat wrote:
Where in the hell is the Administration's response? Traitor Reid said that Gates and Rice, and maybe W, agreed. Maybe he is right because there's been nothing but a whimper from the White House press office.

Actually he stopped short of saying the President agrees. He said something like, "I will let you figure out what the president believes."

Reid is acting like the Senate has the constitutional power to wage or not wage war. The president alone has that power. Congress can fund it or not, but constitutionally cannot set a date to end it.

I predict: Democrats will push this as far as they can. If they do not fund the war the president will over ride it by finding funding elsewhere in the government [I have no idea where] and this will go to the Supreme Court because congress will say the president doen't have a right to do it but the president will show them only he has the war powers. Geesh, no wonder I hate Democrats and politics in general.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there was ever any doubt what they are up to, Reid and Schumer put that to rest last week.

Quote:
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said Thursday he plans to continue an aggressive push for an early withdrawal from Iraq and does not particularly care that Republicans will try to paint that position as a lack of support for U.S. forces.

Why? Because “We are going to pick up Senate seats as a result of this war."

Sitting next to him was the man charged with making that happen: Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee Chairman Charles E. Schumer of New York.

The war in Iraq is a lead weight attached to their ankle,” Schumer warned, predicting that congressional Democrats will pick up additional Republican votes for Democratic initiatives as the 2008 elections approach.

We will break them, because they are looking extinction in the eye,” Schumer declared, making no attempt to hide his glee.

SOURCE: CQ Today
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
I think there's a better than even chance that radical jihadists have refrained from perpetrating another attack on our home soil precisely because we are fighting them in Iraq and Afghanistan.

They know as well as we do what would happen to American resolve should we experience another outrage with even 1/100th of the fatalities of 911.

However, I have decreasing confidence at this point that American resolve will survive the tsunami of politically inspired defeatist propaganda emanating from the entertainment industry, the media and the democratic party.

And now this from Harry Reid. I don't know which is greater...my anger or my disgust.

I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I would not put it past these democratic politicians if they are taking money for making these outrageous, defeatist statements.

In my caeer I often found that money, not ideology, was behind the most bizarre of behaviors.

-- FDL
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dusty wrote:
I think it's high time to start calling for Harry Reid to be removed from congress.

What does it take to get a congressman removed or impeached? Has this ever happened?

-- FDL
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:
dusty wrote:
I think it's high time to start calling for Harry Reid to be removed from congress.

What does it take to get a congressman removed or impeached? Has this ever happened?

-- FDL

When the attention is focused on how they bumble their way though their job, the voters wake up and start looking at them in a new light. If Nevada is a liberal state, which I think it is, Reid will stay there until a more popular Dem steps up. Or possibly a liberal Republican that is popular.

Ohio threw out a pro-life Republican that did not serve the conservative voters. But what we got is a Cleveland Liberal. Sherrod Brown might be a one term liberal if a good Republican steps up. I can only hope.
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:
dusty wrote:

-- FDL
Total and Complete agreement here! On the same day that Massachussetts throws traitor sKerry out, we'll see nevadans throw out HarryReid. Unfortunately, voters in this country so far have rewarded traitors with long ineffectual terms of America-bashing service. The more communists that swell the ranks of Congress, the sooner a permanent change of some kind is likely to occur. Eventually, the fragmented party the Commies have co-opted will implode of its own weight. FDL, the question probably should be does Congress even have an 'impeachment' process? 'Bout all we ever hear of is censure and jail terms...the real test case would have been a Swiftie lawsuit against sKerry. But the likelihood that a Pennsylvania group could ax a sitting Mass senator is probably nil.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: