SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rush Auctions Reid's Letter On Ebay
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry Reid went to the floor of the Senate at 12 noon to make the auction all about him!! Such audacity!!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waiting for a transcript of his shameful comments to become available.

Rush announced the winning bidder was Betty Casey, trustee and philanthropist of the Eugene B. Casey Fund.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drudge put up the video.
Notice the headline "Reid thanks Rush for auction".
I may have missed it, but I don't think I heard a thank you.
At the end of his blathering, he says:
Quote:
"Rush Limbaugh should know that this letter that they’re auctioning is going to be something that raises money for a worthwhile cause. I don’t know what we could do more important than helping to ensure that children of our fallen soldiers and police officers who have fallen in the line of duty have the opportunity for their children to have a good education. Think of this, more than $2 million — that will really help. that’s, again, an understatement. There’s only a little bit of time left so I would ask those that are wanting to do more, that they can go to Harry Reid letter and it will come up on e-bay. I encourage anyone interested with the means to consider contributing to this worthwhile cause. I strongly believe when we can put our differences aside, even Harry Reid and Rush Limbaugh, we should do that and try to accomplish good things for the American people. This does that, madam president. More than $2 million for a letter signed by this senator and my friends."

Well gee, Harry. Like YOU and YOUR FRIENDS ever intended for that letter to be used for charity.
Nice of you to urge people to contribute at the last minute. Maybe you should have got the 41 senators who signed the letter to pool a little over $50,000 each and you could have matched the winning bid.
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is the apology for Reid calling Rush "Unpatriotic" on the Senae Floor?

I finaly received a reply from Patty Murray on my emails to her on this. It was a standard form email letter outlining her opposition to the War and bragging how much she does for Veterans. Same thing I have gotten for a few years now.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"I strongly believe when we can put our differences aside, even Harry Reid and Rush Limbaugh, we should do that and try to accomplish good things for the American people. This does that, madam president. More than $2 million for a letter signed by this senator and my friends."

The ultimate silk purse from the proverbial sow's ear. What a buffoon.

I would expect that internet satirists and Jay Leno's monologue writers are most grateful for the material.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABC News
This ABC reporter seems to credit the Dems also:

"The bidding ends at 1:00p.m. No mater what, Democrats are going to make a ton of money for a charity off their political vitriol."

Along with other misrepresentations in the story.
The Comments section is great.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One last smack-down of Reid et al.
Oh how they hate Rush educating the masses!

The foundation released the following statement on acquiring the letter:

Quote:
"The Eugene B. Casey Foundation believes freedom of speech is a basic right of every citizen of this country. Their purchase of the smear letter was to demonstrate their belief in this right and to support Rush Limbaugh, his views and his continued education of us."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: