SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheney: Stop "Dithering" on Afghanistan troops
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A major problem in this war that I feel many have a problem grasping is that we are not at war with another country, but with an ideology spread out through several countries.

For nearly 30 years little attention was paid it as it was treated like a criminal matter when it is war, like it or not.

We better be in this for the long haul as I can guarantee you the radical Jihadists are.

This nothing that we caused it because of being over there is a bunch of bunk, in my book. Common everyday people over there desire freedom just as much as we do.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fighting in Afghanistan is useless. Our current war isn’t against a country, it’s against a global collection of fanatics who are bent on our destruction. We should bring our people home and send out thousands of CIA assassins to just quietly get rid of the malcontents and terrorists that are our real enemy. These people are everywhere and need to be hit where they live. Since they live in Detroit, Lackawanna, London, Paris, Kabul, Singapore and everywhere else, this has to be done by an army of secret assassins who can remain anonymous and secret. This will never happen until we can rid ourselves of our goody-two-shoes PC mental illness and do what needs to be done.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack, I guess I'm a die-hard "cockeyed optimist" - I just refuse to give up on what is possible. God didn't make us to fight and war among each other and warring cultures cannot triumph forever.

However, I will admit that hubs is much more pessimistic about the future in Afghanistan. And he's over there.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EJ,
I'd settle for just giving our boys a sane set of Rules of Engagement and immunity from litigators with a PC agenda.
Jack
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: