SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

taking stock....some worries
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xleatherneck
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:

You seem terribly quick to assume that Swifts has a credibility problem. You keep bringing up this negative stuff over and over. Why?

...Well, isn't it obvious...I'm a Democratic operative.

I think I've been pretty clear in both threads.
If you think I'm hindering rather than helping, which is the feeling I'm getting (to put it nicely) then out of respect I'll be on my way.
gee williger
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you think I'm hindering rather than helping, which is the feeling I'm getting (to put it nicely) then out of respect I'll be on my way.

pull up a chair and stay awhile. your suggestions were well reasoned, and it is good that we discuss the method by which to defeat the common enemy, even if tactical methods may differ.

Honor is like an island, rugged and without shores; we can never re-enter it once we are on the outside.
- Boileau
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in agreement with Navy_Navy_Navy.
This is natural, in the midst of success ...Doubts.

Don't doubt this great accomplishment, or the message which CAN'T be stopped.

The Swift Boat Veterans for Truth have advanced and CONTINUE to advance.

Rome wasn't built in a day, forget the small scale drivel from AP and Reuters.
These News organizations were lying long before the SBVT ever got started.
And the News media will be spinning and twisting long into the future.

Read the book, spread the message, keep the faith.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xleatherneck wrote:

If you have a credibility problem now, then that is going to affect anything that may come later.

Who said we have a credibility problem?

Ultimately people will throw up their hands and say I don't know who to believe, especially when you have vets appearing in commercials in which it is inferred that they were privy to the events when they were not

Hasn't happened. Have you listened to the words he spoke?

You want to put a backseat to honor and credibility, then fine...just do it without peole like me.

We don't have to take a backseat to honor and credibility to people like Kerry and his minions. And we can probably maintain our honor just fine without you.
cpowkj
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: The big bang for the buck! Reply with quote

The SBVT have already succeeded in winning. And this is how they did it: with the truth of there conviction, experience, and integrity they have converted limited resources into a sixty-second advertisement aired in focused markets accompanied with bedrock writing skills in "Unfit for Command" and have brought the entire nation to focus on the issue. The Moveon.org crowd and their liberal brethen, i.e. Michael Moore and company, have dispensed millions and have not had as much impact. That is what I call a brilliant use of resources.

The SBVT have taken point on this mission and all the rest us need to provide the force-in-depth on overcoming the moral bankruptcy or moral relativism of Kerry and his minions.

Standing tough,
ISC Johnson
Young Vietnam Era Vet, was at Yankee Station on USS Coral Sea (CVA-43) during fall of Siagon, April 1975. Also, participated in rescue of the Merchant Ship Migues from Cambodia, May 1975. Currently, drilling reservist supporting CENTCOM.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: One step at a time Reply with quote

SBVT has produced two ads and one book. The second ad is only on its second day, and its effects on the public remain to be seen, but I believe that the second ad will remind many YOUNGER voters who haven't made the connection between John Kerry the firebrand radical and John Kerry the "war-hero" Senator.

But lots of people are talking about SBVT on TV and on the Internet, far beyond the reach of the initial first ad, and the books are selling fast, and Kerry and friends are running scared, imploring the President to take down "that ad", as if he had the authority to do so!

As for "credibility" doubts, some in the media have claimed that "Navy records" sometimes bear out Kerry's version of things, but SBVT members say that Kerry himself wrote the documents on which the "Navy records" are based. But among those who served with Kerry (on his boat and other boats within sight of Kerry) most have sided with SBVT. If the Swiftees were truly a united "band of brothers", why would most of them try to prevent one of their own from becoming President, (and allow someone who did not serve in Vietnam to be re-elected) unless they knew that Kerry is not what he pretends to be?

While there may be legitimate doubts about Kerry's medals and the incidents used to justify them among people who did not observe these events (such as myself), John Kerry cannot deny the inflammatory accusations he made before the Senate in 1971, which are a matter of public record. The second SBVT ad will remind voters, especially those too young to remember 1971, of this dark period of Kerry's life, for which he must take responsibility.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: