SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Idea? Class-action suit against Kerry?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCCremer
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: New Idea? Class action suit Reply with quote

Count me in!
John
Let the truth be known. I'm with you guys and Kerry insulted all of us with his anti-war activities. Let's hold him accountable.
UNUM
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: If a Class Action Suit doesn't fly. Reply with quote

Bagpiper, that's a good idea about a class action. But if that's too costly, how about every veteran in the US entering a small claims court action against J.F______, in EVERY small Claims court in the US.
In the amount of the limit allowed by each court, for defamation of character.
Maybe THAT would teach the Lt (JG) an important lesson.
YOU Can't Defame All US fighting men, and get away with it!
silenthunter
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Hang 'em High Reply with quote

I like the idea.

My suggestion/request would be that, yes, the ever present "someone" should post a link to, or a list of, all pertinent data necessary to file such a notarized complaint rather than having several hundred thousand of us, inexperienced in the law, trying to reinvent the wheel. And having a flat, at that.

Specific verbage. Items to include. Generally required times by which to file. Specific people to file with (adds & fones) at FEC. Basically, a how-to for an effective legal package.

This idea has merit. The guy's a confessed criminal. Done deal.

Statutes of Limitations may be the big hangup, but then I'm no lawyer, either.

Interesting idea for getting personally involved in a real battle with a real pansy. He'll probably pull his little flowered panties up over his forehead and quiver behind Teddy again (has he ever come out from behind him)?
COMCARDIV7, '70-'71
USS Oriskany, CVA34, '69-'71

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it won't be needed until someone tries to take it away." -- Thomas Jefferson
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: