SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

America’s News Media – Not Reporting for Duty!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many print newspapers have policies on the length of letters to the editor. If the letter is over 200 words, it will get edited (if it is used at all).

I have taken the liberty to peel your wonderful article down to 198 words (two words for your name). I removed the references to the media, as it is unlikely that the media is going to willingly print letters critical of itself, regardless of how well intended.

Here is the "bare-bones" version. It retains all the punch, and as Joe Friday would have it "Just the facts, ma'am."

------------------------

Several assertions made by the Swift Boat Veterans For Truth have been proven beyond a reasonable doubt and quietly acknowledged by the Kerry Campaign to the fraud he perpetrated on his fellow officers, the U.S. Navy, and the American people.

1. Kerry was not in command of PCF-94 in January 1969 and his attempt to steal the valor of Lt. Edward Peck failed with a quiet withdrawal of documents from the Kerry Website.

2. The Kerry Campaign has agreed that Kerry lied in testimony before the Senate in 1986 when he claimed he was 5 miles inside Cambodia on Christmas Eve 1968.

3. The “No Man Left Behind” speech at the Democratic National Convention last month has been debunked. The Kerry Campaign has quietly admitted Kerry fled the scene on 13 Mar 1969 leaving Rassman behind.

4. The Kerry Campaign has quietly admitted Kerry received a Purple Heart for purported combat action on 02 December 1969 as a result of a minor unintentional self-inflicted wound. There was no Combat after Action Report filed. Kerry’s appeal for the award was rejected by his Commanding Officer. There is no Combat Casualty Report for the incident.

Kerry is unfit to command.

-----------------
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone is welcome to go with Cipher's abbreviated version, with my "newsmag" version, or your own.

Do y'all find it interesting that our News Media can only function with less than 200 words? Must be the illiterate quality of J-school grads? Wink

Tom
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do y'all find it interesting that our News Media can only function with less than 200 words? Must be the illiterate quality of J-school grads?

It's a space constraint. Been that way for as long as I can remember (the 60's, but I'm not sure I remember them all that well.....)

Newspapers survive by printing ads, not letters. And letters space is ALWAYS prime real estate. Only the very best and most concise get chosen.
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:50 am    Post subject: Re: Form 180 Reply with quote

OsanFAC wrote:
A word of caution as we constantly demand Kerry to sign the Form 180. Don't for a second believe that damaging information isn't or hasn't already disappeared from the records as he stalls. These people aren't stupid and they have sources. What better way to make the story go away? Sign the 180, release the reocords, and then nothing is there! Let's not keep looking at the Form 180 as opening "Pandora's Box"!

Sure. He signs SF-180, and in section II for additional documents writes - ALL. A . . L . . L. So, Swift Vets are done, right? In fact, that's what O'Neill says. SF-180. Swift Vets group is done.

Well, may . . be. Let's say there really is another DD214? Then what? Kerry's DD214 is on a form which appears to be dated 1 JUL 96, or 1 JUL 98. It's apparently not uncommon to have to recreate DD214s, when required, on condition one was not originally issued. But what if there was one, back then, say in 1978, for example, which might include a 'spin' code, as well. What if it doesn't suggest an honorable discharge? It's just speculation.

What if the Lehman citations DON'T show up in a records dump? What if they are not in his file? What if authorizing forms for these rewrites are not present? They could clean the files, as you say, committing criminal acts in the process. But it's the ABSENCE of documentation that might be particularly damning to J Fnsuch Kerry, should he sign SF-180.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What if the Lehman citations DON'T show up in a records dump? What if they are not in his file? What if authorizing forms for these rewrites are not present?

The ABSENCE of documents is not necessarily an indictment. Records can (and DO) get lost. Look at the fuss those missing records for a couple of months out of 5-1/2 years of President Bush's service records caused.

However, if SEVERAL documents of significance (and I would imagine the Silver Star citations and supporting paperwork are significant) are mysteriously missing, that is a whole lot more damning than the absence of drill attendence records would be.

Yes, Section II needs to be shown. The SF 180 should be a part of the dump, just to ensure that all his cards are indeed on the table, and not somewhere up his sleeve.

I don't trust Kerry. I'm glad every single CO I ever had was a decent and honorable man. Maybe I was just lucky.
ASPB

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for allowing use of your excellent letter.

If a small, busy minority declare war on the MSM they may get the message and realize they no longer have a monopoly on the market and they must have a market to sell their stories.
ASPB

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumped
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: