SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Media against Swift Vets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
SBVFT need to take on a new startegy, or do it in a new way, so that it brings back the interest in following it.

From what I've seen so far, telling O'Neill how to run a strategic ad campaign would be like me trying to tell my grandmother how to suck eggs.

I'm just in awe of the brilliance of the using the TRUTH as a weapon. What a concept!
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
DenisC
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn the torpedo’s, full speed ahead Swiftee’s!
7rrfs
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Damn the torpedo’s, full speed ahead Swiftee’s!

I'd sure like to see Kerry catch a torpedo amidships soon. (Is that correct - amidships?) LEARN ENGLISH YOU SWABBIES!
Rolling Eyes
bugman29102
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:15 am    Post subject: We must not allow the Swift Boat for truth story to die! Reply with quote

WE must keep the pressure on the Liberal Media to demand answers from Kerry.We must demand his release of ALL documents and submit a signed form #180 requesting same. Call T.V. stations and Radio Media, Write E mails, Send Letters to the Editor in ALL Newspapers!! WE must GET the TRUTH OUT!!!! When the American Voter sees the evidence -- Kerry is Finished!!! Please DO YOUR JOB!!!!
theflickster
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, people are getting tired of it, but that has to do with the fact that the media "spin" that it is all political.

Did you see Clinton's comment this morning about the SBVT?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,130532,00.html
"There has been too much controversy or discussion about the politics of it and little about its merits," Clinton told FOX News' Geraldo Rivera. "The ad was paid for by a big supporter of the president and the campaign's lawyer and one of the military advisers participate accurately in it and it was wrong. It was false witness."

The key here isn't just the SBVT speaking out. The American public has to speak out loudly. The media doesn't want to cover it accurately or with truth. They want to cover it so that is tossed out as propaganda. However, they will continue to cover the authenticity of the Farenheit 9/11 movie. The media has too much power.

How do we change the tides? Write to the stations (radio/TV), write the newspapers and write your public representatives. Continue to bombard them with requests for the truth, for research of Kerry's record. If they can spend months on President Bush's National Guard service, one has to wonder where is the media in researching Kerry's service? The only research I have seen so far is to try and dispute anything that has been brought forth from the SBVT ads.

Create a "blanket" letter that can be sent out on newsletters and posted on websites with contact information. Utilize the internet and forward it on. There are many that want to know and hear the truth, but it is getting lost in the media black out. If "Average Joe American" comes out of the woodwork demanding fair coverage, the media will have to provide or loose more viewers.

There is strength in numbers. Those who have the same questions are many. Give them the tools to ask the questions (Sample letter, addresses, email addresses) and utilize the power of the internet and the forward button.

Lisa Flick
Broomfield, CO

Last edited by theflickster on Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragoro wrote:
SBVFT need to take on a new startegy, or do it in a new way, so that it brings back the interest in following it. One can only here the same thing so many times before it becomes old news and they tune it out.

Sorry, I disagree.

The Swifts obviously do not have the media savvy that some more established groups like moveon.org has.

But, look what they've accomplished in the last month.

They've forced their story into the leftist media, thanks to bloggers, web sites and talk radio.

Kerry has been forced to admit that the Cambodian episode (which he wrote or spoke about at least fifty different times) was an "error"

He has been forced to admit that his first PH might have been the result of a "self-inflicted injury," not three days after Chris Matthews' disgusting performance regarding "shooting himself."

They have their truth documented in a book that is a #1 bestseller in two weeks DESPITE being cranked out over six weeks early and the demand is rising.

The Kerry Kampf has made every possible wrong turn in their campaign.

They are on the defensive and looking like a bunch of loons.

They keep changing their stories and the Swifts' stays the same.

If you don't lie, you don't have as much to remember.

Stay the course, Swifts. You're working miracles.
rbshirley
Founder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: The Media is starting to Win against Swift Vets Reply with quote

integritycounts wrote:
Notice the discussion? Notice how its moving? Its moving away from
Kerry and over to "How did we cover the story" This is how the media
ends stories....they do this by saying they covered it a lot.

Every talk show program I watched this weekend came to the opposite
conclusion. And the emotion from commentators was at a constant peak

Even the hard core supporters of Kerry with their talking points admitted
that the story "had legs" and would not be subsiding anytime soon. Most,
again with backing & filling from the Kerry-ites, indicated the 1971 Senate
testimony was going to be front and center right after the RNC

Maybe the print media is trying to let it die. But the bloggers and the cable
networks, including CNN and MSNBC, are preparing for additional coverage.

And with help from Mark Steyn and Tony Blankenship, the papers will also

Good thinking pundits .... Right ON Target!

Inch by inch we are getting closer to the TRUTH

Last edited by rbshirley on Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Raven
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There may be short periods where it seems the Swift Boat Veterans' efforts are falling to the wayside in terms of "effect" or media coverage, but one thing continues and that is that people inherently are suckers for the truth. Something gets inside people that rings true and that is what caused the initial efforts of the Swift Boat Veterans to have the effect they did. Whether the media covers the real effects is immaterial. The reality is that many people at the very least will be prompted to do a bit more investigation of things in light of the allegations the Swift Boat Veterans have made.

The blogosphere (who blew this whole thing wide open in the first place after the Swiftees put their argument out) have not and will not back down on this. They are the ones who forced the mainstream media to cover this. Believe it. If not for the staunch efforts of tremendous bloggers in cyberspace which lead too many people to ask questions, the mainstream media would have rolled this one under the mat. It's not going to die anytime soon from what I've seen.
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The accomplishments are amazing, I think. But the MSM desperately wants to move on and they will do so by declaring it decided. They will even lie to do so and they have.

"There is absolutely no truth to any of the charges"

This is said over and over even though many charges have been conclusively proven and nothing has been disproven. Still, "the official record", blah, blah, blah.

I think the MSM outmaneuvered the Swift Vets in the sense that they managed to frame the debate almost entirely in whether there was friendly-fire 3/13/69. The fact that Kerry lied only weeks earlier about the events that day were dismissed in favor of the question: was there friendly fire that day.

But this is by no means over. The convention will have its week and then the Swift Vets can begin again. The SBVFT will learn from the last few weeks and adjust.

Having the truth on your side is a powerful thing. Kerry's stories do not make sense and they do not add up.

How does one counter the MSM simply saying "it's decided"? That is countered by keeping the story alive. The longer the facts are pounded out into the universe the better chance more people will hear.

The facts are the facts. We mustn't underestimate the power of that.
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: re clinton Reply with quote

I saw that today I don't beleive that draft dodger has any right to comment about the vets, I also fired a e-mail off to geraldo, telling him he ought to be ashamed of himself, asking that coward for an opinion about the vets, also did anyone watcg a program on cnbc this afternoon, I did not get the idiots name but he was saying that iys a shame that bush is using the vets, to try and discredit kerry, I would love for someone from the vets to respond to that comment
CherrysHeart
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What has bothered me the most today (I've had news on all day) is that the media is letting Kerry's people say that the charges against him have been proven to be lies, and the media people are just letting get away with it without calling them on it. Why aren't they asking these people to back up their claims? By remaining silent when such things are said, it makes it seem that they (those saying the SwiftVets charges are false) are right. What's with the media people? What can be done to change this?

edit to add: I say "Kerry's people" because the people I've seen today saying the SwiftVets are wrong just happen to be Kerry supporters)

Last edited by CherrysHeart on Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: re clinton Reply with quote

I saw that today I don't beleive that draft dodger has any right to comment about the vets, I also fired a e-mail off to geraldo, telling him he ought to be ashamed of himself, asking that coward for an opinion about the vets, also did anyone watcg a program on cnbc this afternoon, I did not get the idiots name but he was saying that its a shame that bush is using the vets, to try and discredit kerry, I would love for someone from the vets to respond to that comment
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cherry, keep the pressure on the leftstream media. Tell everyone you know about this, write to local papers, call radio shows, whatever comes to mind. That is what a true grassroots effort is about.

It's all a smokescreen to bury the issue and we aren't going to let them do that. They have lost their monopoly on the media, but don't realize it yet.
cjg
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This weekend is the big push by the liberals, they want to be seen because you know they like to have all the attention. They seem to be
doing a smear of the Swiftvets to get attention and for Kerry to be heard
tonight.

The Clintons are having a big party in New York tonight. They will want
all of that in the paper tomorrow. I get the feeling they think with all
the smearing today, Kerry tonight and the dossiers coming out tomorrow,
they will have laid the story to rest. Well, for the last four years they
have celebrated getting rid of the president many times only to end up
with egg on their faces.

The Swiftvets have more ammunition ready, and will not be stopped by
the Kerry and Clinton lies. They are liars of the worst sort and it is
time people saw it clearly.

On the other hand, there has been more positive writing on the
Swiftvets than I expected today. There are many people in America
with integrity who know the truth and it will become common knowledge
about Kerry. There is just too much of the Swiftvets story that is
proven and Kerry has had to tell the truth about two incidents already
and now there is the discussion about the silver star. Hang in there!

This was bound to be a bad day with the libs going after Bush and the
Swiftvets, they think they are going to win. HUH!
Raven
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CherrysHeart wrote:
What has bothered me the most today (I've had news on all day) is that the media is letting Kerry's people say that the charges against him have been proven to be lies, and the media people are just letting get away with it without calling them on it. Why aren't they asking these people to back up their claims? By remaining silent when such things are said, it makes it seem that they (those saying the SwiftVets charges are false) are right. What's with the media people? What can be done to change this?

I agree, that's a problem. Unfortunately, far too many people get their "news" from the mainstream media outlets and that works against the Swift Boat Veterans. However, the same media told us all that Clinton's accusers were liars and made every attempt to defame those who put forth the truth.

The crux of this lies in the willingness of the Swift Boat Veterans to keep at it and continue to push the effort. As I've said, they've not only got the truth on their side, they've got major power players in the blogosphere running offense for them. This will not be an easy battle, but I believe those gallant men who served this country in Vietnam, the Swift Boat Veterans, have everything it takes to go to battle and fight.

There are only so many denials and refusal of coverage that can be made by the mainstream media. If there is a continued effort by the Swiftees, complete with effectual ads as have been, this will exact a price (as it already has) on the Kerry campaign. In tandem, the continued efforts (and they will be unrelenting) of the bloggers out there, will force this issue to remain in the forefront of people's minds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: