SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

O'Reilly Topic - Please post comments here
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bagpiper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Basic training Reply with quote

I seem to remember, that there were 3 groups of guys that 'attended' basic training:

RA - Regular Army (me, enlistee)
US - draftees
and

NG - National Guard

They were there, they served, they went through that hell camp with me, they are as much my brothers as any....

Keep the Faith.

DM Lambert
ex-SP4 '72-'75
KorVetBob
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was inspired by this thread to forward the following e-mail to BOR

Mr. O'Reilly,

You've committed two unforgiveable sins; 1.) you've blasphemed Ann Coulter and 2.) You've shortchanged the SVFT. You haven't been Fair or Balanced and the SPIN didn't stop when you applauded your staff for ferreting out the truth about the SVFT allegations. Your pompousness is only exceeded by your love for kerry. You are WRONG on both counts. Did you read "Unfit for Command" - I doubt it. Why haven't you demanded that kerry sign the Form 180 and release doubts about his service? Is it because you and I know that these records will doom kerry's candidacy and you wouldn't want to hurt your friend.

After being a faithful listener/watcher for several years I will now go elsewhere for my "pithy" news and commentary. I shall not return (unlike Douglass McArthur) until you schedule an interview with John O'Neill and then we'll see who gets the better of whom.

Martin R. Olsen USMC 1950-1954
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone here posted the glowing comments by BOR on the back of "Tour of Duty" - can you please post them again and then PM me to tell me what the blurb by BOR says? Thanks!
markasass
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Someone here posted the glowing comments by BOR on the back of "Tour of Duty" - can you please post them again and then PM me to tell me what the blurb by BOR says? Thanks!

You can actually go to www.amazon.com, look up "Tour of Duty", click on "Search Inside", and then click on "Back Cover". You will see the following under "Advance Praise For Tour of Duty":

"Doug Brinkley succeeds in humanizing John Kerry, something the senator has trouble doing himself. Tour of Duty is an incisive look at a man who would be president" - Bill O'Reilly

Not exactly the greatest of recommendations, but Bill most certainly hasn't read Unfit for Command or The Winter Soldier, nor RE-READ Tour of Duty.

"Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. To all the people you can. As long as you ever can." - Wesley
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you see that Amazon is going to allow anyone to review Unfit but does not allow the same privilege for Tour or Clarke's book?
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it on Brit Hume's show this evening on Fox - 6-7 pm EDT! He displayed the special note from Amazon:

Quote:
Important note from Amazon.com: We've decided to suspend our normal customer review policies and rules for this title. For example, we usually prohibit ad hominem attacks. That policy in particular seems to be incompatible with presidential election year politics. Therefore, short of obscenities, reviews on this book are now a free-for-all. We take no responsibility for the following discussion. Aren't presidential election years great? Have fun!

Then he mentioned that Amazon has not put this policy in place for, I believe, Bill Clinton's book and an anti-Bush book whose title I forget!
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomorelies wrote:
I'm mystified. Has O'Reilly been paid off?

No, he's just becoming fairly unbalanced.
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oreilly is a piglet little hack. I can't believe I ever wasted time with him. I sent him a really nasty letter with ALL the quotes and sites cited that kerry has said about Bush's NG service. I'm sure no one will ever read it, but it made me feel better. His ratings will suffer, and when kerry's loses, and the SBVT are further legitimized, he will suffer more. He picked the wrong group of guys to have a pissing contest with, I tell you what! It's feeding time guys, show no mercy. Twisted Evil
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwb7605 wrote:
Nomorelies wrote:
I'm mystified. Has O'Reilly been paid off?

No, he's just becoming fairly unbalanced.

lol!!! consider that one stolen..Laughing
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who may not have seen it, IMHO, this drubbing that O'Reilly took at the hands of Al Franken marked a watershed moment in O'Reilly's persona. It's well worth a look just for the level of acrimony that is evoked...I've broken this RealPlayer video down by segments for easier viewing.

Book Expo America 2003: Al Franken, Molly Ivins, & Bill O'Reilly Panel Discussion & Call-Ins
Sunday, June 8 at 5:30 pm

http://www.booktv.org/ram/feature/0603/arc_btv060803_4.ram

00:00 C-Span intro & O'Reilly Call-in
17:38 Pat Schroeder Panel Introduction
21:08 Molly Ivins Presentation
33:45 O'Reilly Intro & Presentation
44:09 Franken Intro & Presentation (the fireworks)
WalterW
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Basic training Reply with quote

bagpiper wrote:
I seem to remember, that there were 3 groups of guys that 'attended' basic training:

RA - Regular Army (me, enlistee)
US - draftees
and

NG - National Guard

They were there, they served, they went through that hell camp with me, they are as much my brothers as any....

Keep the Faith.

DM Lambert
ex-SP4 '72-'75

There was a fourth - AR - Army Reserve.

The letters were prefixes on our Service Numbers.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remember if you e-mail O'Reilly - (oreilly@foxnews.com) - just keep is short and sweet...and always key it down. He already said those of us who support the swiftvets are all right wing nuts! I haven't watched or listen to him since. Until he aplolgizes - he lost me as a viewer!

Keep the e-mails going. He will have to realize that with the continued e-mails he is going to loose viewers.
Tobette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Riley just harrassed Michelle Malkin for defending the Swiftvets. He was half laughing but she seemed a bit intimidated and backed down. She should have been stronger, but then she no doubt knows he'd start blasting her with his temper. I guess she started to have Chris Matthews incident flashbacks. That seems to be where he's going these days.
markasass
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill O'Reilly has announced he's going to interview John O'Neill on Fox TV's "The O'Reilly Factor" next Tuesday 07 September 2004. To answer a question from another thread:

Quote:
Has anyone invited BOR to read this forum ?

Ooops...sorry....he hasn't even read Mr. ONeils book yet.....

I've been a BOR Premium Member (PM) for quite a while and I invited Mr. O, through the Feedback Zone message board topic threads, the PM private e-mail form, and the oreilly@foxnews.com and bill.oreilly@foxnews.com e-mail addresses, to please go to www.swiftvets.com and read what was being said about him.

Maybe between his site, this site, phone calls, faxes, e-mail, and snail mail, he finally got the message. PMers are now requesting he give Mr. O'Neill at least 2 or 3 segments, while I am requesting he seriously consider having him on for the entire show, i.e., a one-hour special.

Anxiously awaiting Tuesday 07 September 2004 and am cautiously optimistic. Glad Bill finally decided to actually read Unfit for Command.

"Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. To all the people you can. As long as you ever can." - Wesley
Bostonian
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: National Guard Service Reply with quote

Daniel J. Hutchison wrote:
I find it very disturbing when some one claiming a political science education and to be quaified to serve as commander-in-chief knows so little about the most basic fundemental aspect of the United States of America.

Ignorance has nothing to do with it.

The John Forbes Kerry campaign decided some time ago to simply make up whatever story sounded good to them.

Months ago, his web site lambasted Bush & Cheney for not living up to their campaign promise that their Big Oil connections could keep the price of oil down for Americans. Bush & Cheney never said anything remotely like that, of course.

Kampaign Kerry just makes these things up.

So does Michael Moore, but he's not a presidential candidate in one of the two mainstream political parties. I don't know what the hell happened to the Democrats. I don't recognize them anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: