SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bernstein says 95% of SBVT's allegations are disproven
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IamHG
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to mention that Juan Williams continues to repeat this charge, yet without actually ever saying which allegation specificly has been discredited.

In my nieve little mind I continue to be surprised when so called independant journalists can straight faced go on show after show and repeat the DNC talking points.

Another thing that gets under my skin is the idea of comparing the swiftvets to the CBS story.. No fairminded person can compare a story generated by decorated war veterans who have opened themselves and their story up to public scrutiny.. to an unknown sourse trying to pass off a set of obviously forged documents. Yet time after time it is done.

Hats off to the swifties. My heart and my money support you.
bpilch
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

every time i see the ridiculous media bias of not investigating the swiftee charges but repeating democrat spin about lies, I just hit the donate button. It is the only way for the swiftees to have their side of the conversation. It is so important for our basic freedoms to have freedom of speech. I can't let CBS and the rest of the MSM to pick our next president particularly if he is unfit for command...
RivanG
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure would be great if someone picked up the Kerry Lied rally from this weekend and got it out there so more people could see it. The presentations at the rally were very clear and well done.

After watching the rally, my mom remembered all the stuff about Jane Fonda in the 70's so she says she is throwing away all of her Jane Fonda movies. Up until that recollection Sunday she thought Jane Fonda was a good actress and enjoyed her movies.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of curiousity, I wonder which 5% has been proven?
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
RivanG
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry's Despicable Military Record
Geoff Metcalf
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/9/9/154130.shtml
Friday, Sept. 10, 2004

Careful what you ask for ...
Since February I have been ranting that the veteran community would eventually, inevitably become the prime contributor to the destruction of the John Kerry campaign. For months, I have been the Lone Ranger and viewed as a moderately amusing gadfly.

Guess what? I was right in February, and March, and April, and May. I was right in June, July and August … and despite what smarter, more insightful and ‘connected’ pundits maintain, Kerry is TOAST!
In March, I wrote in “The Kerry Count,” “Friends and foes in the punditry class have been pontificating ad nauseam, manipulating a kaleidoscope of factoids and data to support whatever their individual prejudices may be.” Some have accused me of manipulating “perceptions” to support my personal prejudices.

Smarter, more dedicated men than this writer have been beating the drum for MONTHS:

http://www.swiftvets.com/
http://www.viet-myths.net/
http://www.kerrylied.com/
http://www.i-served.com/MagruderArticlesIndex.html
http://25thaviation.org/johnkerry
http://www.petitiononline.com/kerryrec/petition.html
and over a hundred others
The veteran community jihad against John Kerry is NOT a partisan issue. John O’Neill of http://www.swiftvets.com/ has said so, Larry Bailey of http://www.kerrylied.com/ has said so, Steven Sherman of http://www.viet-myths.net/ has said so … and it IS so.
The overwhelming majority of veterans loathe John Kerry. The reasons vary. Some hate him for his treasonous conduct pimping for Vietnam Veterans Against the War. Some hate him for what they view as self-aggrandizing hyperbole. Some hate him for his arrogance, pretension and unlikeability.

The Kerry campaign made a monumental strategic ‘whoops’ when they chose to build the foundation for ‘Versailles de Kerry’ on his Vietnam experience.

Do-overs have become chronic … and it ain’t over yet.

The “seared … seared!” memory of Christmas eve 1968 in Cambodia requires a rewrite.
The Purple Heart stories require amendment.
The “clerical error” over an unprecedented/unauthorized ‘V’ on his Silver Star is being investigated by the Navy.
Folks with the means, interest and commitment to ‘correct the record’ are now scrutinizing the entire revisionist history of Kerry the hero.
Frankly, if Kerry had taken a lower profile and not focused on his martial exploits (recreated in his home movies), he might have avoided the inevitable embarrassment and destruction of his antique fiction. Rather, by his OWN focus on apparently exaggerated derring-do, he will be forced to realize that there are consequences to everything we do and do not do.
Republicans will never criticize the “decorated war hero.” They are scared spitless of any linkage with the anti-Kerry veteran legions. However, thousands of decorated war heroes with significantly greater service, scars, experience and insights loathe and detest the pampered Brahmin prince.

But the excrement storm thus far is mere prologue. There IS more …

On Feb. 18, 1966, John Kerry signed a six-year enlistment contract with the Navy (plus a six-month extension during wartime). He also signed an Officer Candidate contract for six years – five years of ACTIVE duty & ACTIVE Naval Reserves, and one year of inactive standby reserves.

Since Kerry was discharged from TOTAL ACTIVE DUTY after only three years and 18 days, on Jan. 3, 1970, he was then required to attend 48 drills per year and not more than 17 days of active duty for training. Most significant, however, is that Kerry was also subject to the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

That means as a commissioned officer Kerry was prohibited from making adverse statements against his chain of command or statements against his country, especially during time of war.

Another one of those interesting ‘clerical errors’ is that Kerry did not obtain an honorable discharge until March 12, 2001, even though his service obligation should have ended July 1, 1972.

On Jan. 3, 1970, Lt. John Kerry was transferred to the Naval Reserve Manpower Center in Bainbridge, Md. Therefore, there should be Performance Records for two years of obligated Ready Reserve, the 48 drills per year required and his 17 days of active duty per year training while Kerry was in the Ready Reserves. Have these records been released?

Has anyone ever talked to Kerry's commanding officer at the Naval Reserve Center where Kerry drilled?

Kerry’s conduct as a Ready Reservist participating as a leader of Vietnam Veterans Against the War was criminal, some veterans now argue:

Lt. Kerry attended many rallies where the Vietcong flag was displayed while our flag was desecrated, defiled and mocked, thereby giving aid and comfort to the enemy.
Lt. Kerry was involved in a meeting that voted on assassinating members of the U.S. Senate.
Lt. Kerry lied under oath against fellow soldiers before the U.S. Senate about crimes committed in Vietnam.
Lt. Kerry professed to being a war criminal on national television, and condemned the military and the USA.
Lt. Kerry met with NVA and Vietcong communist leaders in Paris, in direct violation of the UCMJ and the U.S. Constitution.
Lt. Kerry, by his own words and actions, violated the UCMJ and the U.S. Code while serving as a Navy officer. Failing a REAL good explanation, Lt. Kerry is in violation of Article 3, Section 3 of the U.S. Constitution.

Lt. Kerry's 1970 meeting with NVA Communists in Paris is in direct violation of the UCMJ's Article 104 part 904, and U.S. Code 18 & U.S.C. 953. That meeting, and Kerry's subsequent support of the communists while leading mass protests against our military in the year that followed, also place him in direct violation of our Constitution's Article 3, Section 3, which defines treason as "giving aid and comfort" to the enemy in time of warfare.

The Constitution's 14th Amendment, Section 3, states, "No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President ... having previously taken an oath ... to support the Constitution of the United States, [who has] engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof."

Senator Kerry, having established his ‘service’ as the foundation for his campaign, has some explaining to do. The only way to chill the barrage of questions is to sign off on a Standard Form (SF) 180 and let the media examine John Kerry’s FULL military record.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:42 am    Post subject: 95% disproven Reply with quote

In order to arrive at 95%, there have to be at least 20 different items. Can Juan Williams really list 19 SBVT allegations that have really been disproven? Does he really even know 19 SBVT charges? Has he read "Unfit for Command"?

Or maybe, just like Kerry, he believes that SBVT only tells lies, even though Kerry hasn't read the book (by his own admission on Imus), and has no idea of the truth.
HardCorps
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT, I too see this as a growing problem as it reinforces yet another urban myth that SBVT have been proven to be liars - This pi*ses me off to no end as not only did Bernstien say it with such arrogance, I hear and read the same definitive "liars" conclusion everywhere, all day long.
-On Brit Hume today Juan Williams said it for the 4th time without much rebuke even from Brit.
- Tonight on O'reilly, Juan(moonbat) Williams pulled the same stunt. Tony Snow made a decent response but Juan still got the last word with Thulow's "citation"
- This week on Crossfire when Begala said the Swifties are proven liars and Novak explained specifically how that could not be true citing the 1st PH- he was laughed at by the entire audience as if he were crazy.
-On several Fox news watch Sundays- the same thing "SV are absolute liars" with no one making a rebuttal.
- I've almost got into to fight with a co-worker for calling the Swifties something I can not repeat here. Like most of us I am sick of watching the truth get buried. So my wife and I keep writing letters to the deaf press...
-Grated I never expected a fair hearing in the press, but the rebuttals have all but disappeared. A new public meme is being created.
- Granted if the Navy JAG come out with an adjudication in the next 48 days, who cares what the talking heads say but that is a big if.
-ANGLICO FAC - Iraqi Freedom
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: Bernstein says 95% of SBVT's allegations are disproven Reply with quote

GT wrote:
Carl Bernstein was on MSNBC today and said 95% of SBVT's claims have been disproven. If enough of the media repeat this falsity that is what will ultimately reside in the public's collective mind.

People need to get over this kind of thinking. CBS is barely watched by anyone, except these last two days or so. People hear all sorts of stuff on MSNBC. Then they tune in Hannity or Limbaugh, or they surf the web and come to this site, and so on.

The world is not the same as it was. Some people just can't break out of that thinking, and that fear. Yes, the Swifties have been on 'old media'. But they also have spent a LOT of time on talk radio, on FOX and other cable, and being promoted throughout the web.
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IamHG wrote:
I was going to mention that Juan Williams continues to repeat this charge, yet without actually ever saying which allegation specificly has been discredited.

Williams, Bernstein, I mean - I can't believe people get worked up over these two. You might as well worry what Totenberg and Eleanor Clift have to say. Heck, Terry McAuliffe.

Gotta give people credit, out there. That is why the Swifties have been successful. And all that support, and all those people, haven't gone anywhere. Their opinion, rather (no pun intended), just gets validated with each week's Democrat meltdown - no offense to all the Zell Democrats here.
HardCorps
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:29 am    Post subject: Kerry UCMJ Reply with quote

Riven G, I have comment about your helpful post since this has come up a lot and it is something that I want to see Kerry Nailed to the wall for but unfortunately I don't think the UCMJ applies.

Quote:
Since Kerry was discharged from TOTAL ACTIVE DUTY after only three years and 18 days, on Jan. 3, 1970, he was then required to attend 48 drills per year and not more than 17 days of active duty for training. Most significant, however, is that Kerry was also subject to the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

That means as a commissioned officer Kerry was prohibited from making adverse statements against his chain of command or statements against his country, especially during time of war.

To my knowledge, a commisioned officer while in the reserves, whether the Select (drilling) Reserves, Individual Ready Reserves or any other component is only subject to the UCMJ while he is on orders or drill, (AT) annual training, TAD, (PCS)perminent change of station, (ADSW) active duty special work, (AR)active reserve, (IMA)individual mobilization augmentee, etc. The only exception is: Failure to report for a call up, failure to keep the service informed of ones address and other contact information.

I have not been able to find where Kerry was on orders or drill when he transfered to the Inactive Naval Reserve. He may still have been subject to administartive action however not the UCMJ.

This does not take away one bit from his specific treasonous acts for which he and others should be charged.
-ANGLICO FAC - Iraqi Freedom
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it is not much fun for truthful people to be called liars, under any circumstances. But, you know, sticks and stones.

It seems really kind of a waste of energy to worry about what this leftists' mouthpiece or that DNC spokesperson says on this show or that show. They are irrelevant.

The bottom line is this: The SBVFT ads do all the talking, and tell the story. Seeing Kerry on those ads, hearing what he said in '72, is the last word.

That is what sticks. That is what matters.

The Dems are whistling past the graveyard. Let 'em whistle. They are frustrated by being hoisted on the petard of their own ignorance, arrogance, and incompetence; the perfect storm that heralds certain defeat in November. They are predictibly lashing out. SBVFT make an easy target. For that, they once again are heroes, because by acting as the lightening rod they enable Pres. Bush to stay above the fray. Kerry is down and dirty, and getting dirtier every second, and President Bush is positive, focused and relaxed. Kerry et al, look, and act, like losers. Pres. Bush looks and acts like a winner.

So let's stay on message and single focused. The goal is to defeat Kerry; the message is that he is unfit for command of any kind.

In the meantime: Illegetimis nil carborundum. Never let the b@$tards wear you down.
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neverforget wrote:
And, it is within the margin of error, ha, ha, what a joke these people are.

I don't know how these guys can say this stuff with a straight face.
Brother was on the USS Regulus - Vietnam
Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam
WebTalk
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to ask Hannity why he allowed Bernstein to get away with that dismissal of the SBVT.
He should have asked him if he has read the book.
He could have made the simple assertion that he, Bernstein, is wrong, and that not anything in the book, "Unfit for Command" has been proven a lie.

BTW, Tony Snow did an excellent job on Juan Williams today on BOR.
USAFBratToo
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are preaching to the choir here, and it is not us that needs to hear this. It's them. Take Juan Wialliams for example. I've listened to him for years on NPR when he had his own show, and also hear him on the Tavis Smiley show (NPR) and yeh sure he's a big Democrat - but he is not pro Kerry. He's anti-Bush. One of those "anybody but Bush" people with their fingers in their ears and their eyes closed (loved that image!) so that they won't run the risk of learning that their candidate is worse than whatever they think Bush is. Williams (along with Totenberg and a bunch of others in the liberal press) believes that he is fair minded and analytical and IMO he can be made to see the truth. Every post that we send to one another about the specifics of the charges against Kerry, every proof, every validation should also be sent to Williams and everyone like him in the liberal press. Oh, well, don't waste your energy on Rather. But Williams, definitely. Tell him you heard his conversation with Hannity. Tell him where he is mistaken - give him the facts, number and letter. All those arcane details - the mountain of evidence that will sink John Kerry. And if you "Would like to ask Hannity..." ASK HIM. Stay on message, yes, but none of us will be voting for Kerry. Kerry is a loser - but he has not lost yet. There is still a big job to do. Each of us must get that message out of here. Send it to everyone out there, from letters to the editor of your town paper to special@foxnesws.com, attn Juan Williams in the subject line, who must be prodded, provoked, and challenged to open their eyes and ears to the truth.
ETEE
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SwiftVets job is not to argue with Carl Bernstein, an obvious Kerry sycophant. The object is to stay on target. Bernstein is long past yesterdays news.

And, I might note. Each of us belong to various Forums. Some of you fly and belong to Aviation Forums. I race Corvettes and belong to the Corvette Forum. I am the resident booster for the SwiftVets there, and assure you that you're message is getting out. The Liberals that attempt to deride the SBVT message are treated to the expertise of the Forums Vietnam Veterans and Vietnam "Era" Veterans knowledge of the subject and are overwhealmed with accurate rebuttal information. Fact is, the Veterans own the issue and are swinging the Moderates away from Kerry in my home Forum.

Just stay on the message. I and the rest of the Bloggers and Forum junkies will keep debunking the opposition.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: