SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No major attack from the Dems to end the week?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stacman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bsjracing wrote:
One thing, and not having served, I don't know if my opinion holds water here.

These troops in the reserves and guard volunteered, and one of the deals with being in the military is the chance you may have to go serve.

That's exactly the problem with guard personnel and active duty military. Of those who now complain about what they're doing are those who thought it'd be a free ride and some extra cash without having to do anything more than practice playing war games with real weapons. Kind of like reliving your childhood with the real deal. Guess they weren't bargaining for what they got. Of those who joined for the reason intended, are the ones anxious to put into action what they practice. Those are the real heroes...
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SangRun Hunter wrote:
I stand corrected!

Well, we are at war and we do have some issues in Iraq which I myself never expected it to be going as good as it has. I'm not saying that the 1000 lives lost is cheap, but I sort of expected it to be worse than it is, but not a Vietnam thing like certain senators say.

Those that didn't expect this war to be long and difficult reflect the need for immediate gratification without any sacrifice.
When the numbers come up I remember: SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 NEARLY 3000 nonenlisted Americans were the first to die in this war.
Since 9 11 we are all targets for the enemy.

Our troops are brave, young, and deserve support from all Americans.
Look at a map and you know why we are in Iraq.

Kerry is for a draft. Just wait and see. (Just a few random thoughts.) CTW

Never Ever Kerry
BB Stacker
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WARNING! Do not let your guard down. We have had some good weeks but it ain't over yet. In a couple of weeks the CBS flap will be on the back burner. The MSM is going to try and shift the focus to how "bad" things are going in Iraq and how completely Kerry defeated Bush in the debates. The truth won't matter. They have their agenda and will use whatever tools and events they have available.

They're not real bright, but they are determined to get power back in Democrat hands if at all possible.
stylin19
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't play poker with Pres. Bush.
If there IS a troop call up, it would probably be for rotation puposes.
(We should be due for a major rotation by then)
If it is...Kerry bites the big one again.
RobD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Bush dose sends more troops. After the election he will be able to let the devil dogs off the leash and open up a big can of whoop ass.
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BB Stacker wrote:
WARNING! Do not let your guard down. We have had some good weeks but it ain't over yet. In a couple of weeks the CBS flap will be on the back burner. The MSM is going to try and shift the focus to how "bad" things are going in Iraq and how completely Kerry defeated Bush in the debates. The truth won't matter. They have their agenda and will use whatever tools and events they have available.

They're not real bright, but they are determined to get power back in Democrat hands if at all possible.

I read someplace that Moore's movie is coming out on DVD in October so expect a big ad campaign for that. Along with it he is releasing two books in October. He said that he hoped the October releases would influence more voters.

I want to see Kerry loose every state in the union but I'm not going to relax until the fat lady sings.

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ccr
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bsjracing wrote:
One thing, and not having served, I don't know if my opinion holds water here.

These troops in the reserves and guard volunteered, and one of the deals with being in the military is the chance you may have to go serve.

When you are inducted, you swear or affirm the following oath:

Quote:
I, ___________________________________, do solemly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed overme, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

Anyone who joins (for whatever reason) knows what their obligation is.

That said, don't be too insensitive to the feelings that have been expressed.

There are large numbers of Guard members and Reservists who are making some tremendous sacrifice without many of the promised protections. Businesses are being lost, families are declaring bankruptcy. Our reserve forces are being required to perform in ways that have never been anticipated by anyone.

http://www.learnthat.com/quiz/
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our enemies must laugh uncontrollably when they watch our newscasts. who needs to deploy spies to find out what we are planning in secret when its reported daily by Kerry the DNC and the MSM.
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck Z Ombie AC2000 wrote:
Our enemies must laugh uncontrollably when they watch our newscasts. who needs to deploy spies to find out what we are planning in secret when its reported daily by Kerry the DNC and the MSM.

How true, thats exactly what Saddam did too watch CNN.
jimlarsen
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple of thoughts.

Maybe Fortunate Son is dead, but I'll bet it returns after things settle down. That seems to be the primary message of the DNC. I wonder about a campaign to start addressing Kerry as
John F(ortunate Husband) Kerry (Heinz)

And, Kerry promised that if he were elected (God forbid) he would bring our troups back in 6 months. I know he retracted it, but that about like saying "Oops" after cutting off your foot. The enemy knows Kerry's plan, and undoubtedly wants to help him win. Thus, an especially strong effort to cause problems in Iraq before the election. I even wonder if that's the reason he made that stupid remark.
ProudArmyWife
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like it's been mentioned in above posts that there should be some type of rotation coming up around the first of the year. My husband said there was mention of these coming call-ups in this weeks Army Times (guess that could be Kerry's secret "source"). Given that the Armyhas been trying to give more notice and 6 month lead time to Reserve/National Guard Units...it might be that some units are notified in the next few weeks of their mobilization dates. Judging from comments President Bush made (as quoted in General Franks' book), "military" decisions will not be dictated by political expediency. So, he might be taking a hit soon from the DNC on this...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: