SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A CALL TO PRAYER
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Bush"

Liked this better than bump
momofthreegirls
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning!! Grace and peace to all of you this morning.
I am returning from panic mode today. Although I am still a little "under the weather." I've had a cold and now I have lost my voice. When my girls got up this morning their first words were, "Mommy what happened to your voice?" My husband on the other hand is probably saying a prayer of Thanksgiving right now. Just kidding. Wink

Anyway I was reading a devotional this morning and these are some of the Bible verses it contained:

"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."--Psalm 46:10

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."--Proverbs 16:9

"Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."--Jeremiah 33:3

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."--Matthew 11:28

"To this end I labor, struggling with all His energy, which so powerfully works within me."--Colossians 1:29

God we relinquish this election and our nation to you. We have tried to solve the problems our way and find ourselves exhausted. We will accept your solution and cease striving for our own. You know this matter has greatly troubled us. It is not easy to give it over to you. But we choose to let it go and cast our burden on you. We pray the prayer that never fails: Thy will be done. We pray this in the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ, who died so that we may live. Amen

I need to constantly remind myself that no matter what that God is in control and that He hears our prayers and petitions.
Have a wonderful weekend. I guess I won't be singing in the choir on Sunday. Crying or Very sad Oh well, at least my children are being really quiet. It is funny how if you whisper they tend to whisper back. Smile
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Bush"
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am listing a specific thread I posted this morning for targeted prayer.

This prayer is for Porter Goss

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14345

Father we ask you protect Porter Goss and the place in which you have put him. We ask that you reveal anything that might tried to be leaked before it happens, anything under the radar expose it to him. Close the mouths of the wicked and we declare no weapon formed against him or the President will prosper and every tongue that rises up against them in judgement shall be condemed this is the inheritance of the saints. Arise O God and let our enemy be scattered. Give us a landslide Lord
momofthreegirls
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Arise O God and let our enemy be scattered. Give us a landslide Lord

AMEN!
I had to stay home from church today (my voice is still gone) but my husband went to church and took the girls with him. On the way home they gave me a call and over the phone I hear my 4 year old say,
"Remember to pray to God, Mommy." Smile

Out of the mouths of babes....
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to thank all who kept the Ohio
event in their prayers. We had a safe trip
and the rain held off until we were gone.
Thanks again, God bless!

Sue Very Happy

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: A CALL TO PRAYER Reply with quote

buffman wrote:
To the people of this board, I beseech you to make the prayer rounds again for our president. Everything works towards the fulfillment of God's will, maybe that is why the first debate ended as it did. Tonight is pivotal to stop this latest Kerry surge. I urge you to pray hard and call out to God to give his servant strength and wisdom to win this debate. Thanks a bunch, God bless, ed
Count me in. "In God We Trust"

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was listening to worship and praying today walking through my house and the next thing I knew my son of 6 years grabbed my hand and started praying with me. He walked and prayed the whole hour and a half. What touched me so was his prayer on the seed that falls on good ground. He quoted the whole story and then started praying for America that God would give us new seed and put it in good soil. The last half hour he carried his sword which he called the Sword of Salvation and kept saying I am waving this sword over America and President Bush.

The whole experience left me touched, hopeful, encouraged and humbled. He prayed with accuracy the Word of God and with excitement and power. An encouragement to all who have children who wonder sometimes how much they take in. He also prayed for God to take the lies and hate out of Kerry's heart that he might have truth and love instead. All this from a six year old. I figure if anyones prayers are answered it will be those of the little chihldren.

Father I ask you to increase our faith that it be that of a child knowing that when we ask for bread You never give us a stone. Again we ask for a Landslide. We ask for the salvation of our American nation from the plans and schemes of the enemy. Thank you Lord Jesus for your answer as we call those things that are not as though they were.

WE EXALT YOUR NAME, THE NAME OF JESUS OVER THIS NATION AND OVER THIS ELECTION AND SAY YES AND AMEN TO YOUR PLANS AND PURPOSES WHICH CAN NOT BE THWARTED BY MORTAL MEN BUT CAN BE ADVANCED BY PRAYING PEOPLE.

LET GOD ARISE AND OUR ENEMIES BE SCATTERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
momofthreegirls
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should probably pray for those people faced with voter intimidation.
Pray that they remain in God's protection and pray that they have the courage to vote their conscience. Pray that this behaviour opens the eyes of others standing around them and makes them vote for the right man.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

momofthreegirls wrote:

God we relinquish this election and our nation to you. We have tried to solve the problems our way and find ourselves exhausted. We will accept your solution and cease striving for our own. You know this matter has greatly troubled us. It is not easy to give it over to you. But we choose to let it go and cast our burden on you. We pray the prayer that never fails: Thy will be done. We pray this in the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ, who died so that we may live. Amen

AMEN
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything is always in His hands. Prayer is our first not last action. Through prayer we are guided so His will is done, so we know what actions He needs for us to take. So continue to thank God for His guidance, acknowledge He is in control, accept His will and listen....so you know what to do. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
momofthreegirls
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find that I often have to remind myself who is in control. When things appear to be "out of control" I simply need a reminder that God is always in charge and that I have to be still, and know that He is God. One of my favorite verses: "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer." --Romans 12:12 Faithful in prayer is definitely what we need to be. CTW you're right prayer should come first, and we should always listen to God for His will, unfortunately being human we often forget that simple fact. Smile .
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is it..about one week to go..I am just checking in with my prayer warrior brother and sister's..Be strong, keep the faith, positive uplifting..drop the anger against Kerry..pray for the re-election of President Bush..I no longer even mention Kerry's name..he is not worth my prayer time..I have let that go..

I will begin fasting at midnight..and go until Nov1 midnight..however, I am becoming quite ill as we speak..cold, flu, who knows..so it is up to the doc tomorrow whether a fast is going to make me sicker. I doubt it, as when I get a cold I hate eating anyway..but if I can not actively fast, that is okay too..my prayers will be heard. OUR prayers will be heard..For those of you taking a fast..I am keeping you close to my heart, thoughts and prayers..

My friends, be ready for all the attacks toward those of faith this week..it is going to be a tough one, I feel that in my spirit, but no matter what..remember, we are never ever alone..

God bless you all..and our President..

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
momofthreegirls
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PD, Take care of yourself. Don't make yourself worse. I will be praying for you. My sister and I are giving up chocolate (our favorite) this week and we'll fast Nov 1. We will be with you in spirit. Take care of that cold, I'm sick too Sad and I still can't talk, so I am with you in that too. I will keep you in my prayers. We will all be "faithful in prayer" this week. Please keep us updated on how things are going for you so that we can be specific in our prayers. I will check this thread often. Smile

For all the prayer warriors this week:

"But let all who take refuge in You be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread Your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in You. For surely, O Lord, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield." --Psalm 5:11-12
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

momofthreegirls wrote:

"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."--Psalm 46:10

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."--Proverbs 16:9

"Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."--Jeremiah 33:3

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."--Matthew 11:28

"To this end I labor, struggling with all His energy, which so powerfully works within me."--Colossians 1:29

AMEN!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 11 of 20

Jump to: